Nugent's Signing

nick1892

Well that is what the now absolutely terrible 606 boards are saying not exactly holding my breath yet. Apparently some people have recieved one of them official website sms messages sayin that a fees been agreed and having a medical. I smell a bit of bullshit though.

if we sign another striker (at the expense of a defender) Isegrim will go BALLISTIC!    :lol:

188032[/snapback]

No I won't. You're totally wrong. I always felt that we needed two new strikers. I do think that we need to strengthen the defence as well though.

if we sign another striker (at the expense of a defender) Isegrim will go BALLISTIC!    ;)

188032[/snapback]

No I won't. You're totally wrong. I always felt that we needed two new strikers. I do think that we need to strengthen the defence as well though.

188035[/snapback]

Again? :lol:

We needed 2 strikers and 2/3 defenders tbh.

We've bought 1 striker and a midfielder, therefore anything short of 1 striker and 2 defenders joining tomorrow is unacceptable.

They've had 2 months to sort this out! :lol:

We've bought 1 striker and a midfielder, therefore anything short of 1 striker and 2 defenders joining tomorrow is unacceptable.

188040[/snapback]

5 shirley?

We definately need another striker the defence can wait till January Roeder just needs to play Taylor instead of Bramble and drop Baba and play zoggy at left back and we would be ok till Jan. Would like to add that that this signing probably has more of a chance of happening seen as Neil Mellor is signing for preston.

188040[/snapback]

i'd get full backs in first before another striker tbh.

We definately need another striker the defence can wait till January Roeder just needs to play Taylor instead of Bramble and drop Baba and play zoggy at left back and we would be ok till Jan. Would like to add that that this signing probably has more of a chance of happening seen as Neil Mellor is signing for preston.

188044[/snapback]

Signing Mellor might mean they are willing to let him go but we wouldn't be the only side in for him (if we're in for him at all).

If he goes to Boro and they do a triple-play on us I'll not bother going in to work.

188040[/snapback]

188045[/snapback]

Taylor should be at right back. We should be signing a new centre half to replace Boumsong and a new left back to replace Baba.

188040[/snapback]

188045[/snapback]

Taylor should be at right back. We should be signing a new centre half to replace Boumsong and a new left back to replace Baba.

188091[/snapback]

Campbell and Bridge would have done nicely...

188040[/snapback]

188045[/snapback]

188091[/snapback]

Campbell and Bridge would have done nicely...

188101[/snapback]

No chance of Bridge though, unless we went for him at the start of the transfer window.

Milner out, Nugent in supposedly.

I'd be happier with that than Milner staying and us getting no one, but we should be getting Nugent and keeping Milner, not playing one-in, one-out.

I feel sorry for Milner as well - never been given a fair crack of the whip here.

I'd be happier with that than Milner staying and us getting no one, but we should be getting Nugent and keeping Milner, not playing one-in, one-out.

I feel sorry for Milner as well - never been given a fair crack of the whip here.

188348[/snapback]

Where did you get that from? :unsure:

188348[/snapback]

Your taking a shit aren't you?

Where did you get this from?

Probably bullshit anyway but there's no way anyone should be leaving. Milner can play in a few postions and even in midfield we're short of numbers (although relatively well off).

188348[/snapback]

The problem is that we need bodies in as the squad is too thin. We can't afford to lose more players. And with Solano probably past his best it would be stupid to let someone go can fill in his position.

188348[/snapback]

The problem is that we need bodies in as the squad is too thin. We can't afford to lose more players. And with Solano probably past his best it would be stupid to let someone go can fill in his position.

188353[/snapback]

I totally agree. But given the choice between the two, I'd take Nugent's goals over Milner's......erm.......stuff. But I agree that we should be building a squad, not playing swapsies.

Is Glenn looking long term though in regards to Milner....in english, does he think Milner has a future of 1st team football?

I mean, we've got Zoggy & Duff who I'd like to think Roeder would be looking to play. I wish it was fecking luque going the other way...! :unsure:

Is Glenn looking long term though in regards to Milner....in english, does he think Milner has a future of 1st team football?

I mean, we've got Zoggy & Duff who I'd like to think Roeder would be looking to play. I wish it was fecking luque going the other way...!  :unsure:

188358[/snapback]

Nugent is a greater talent than Milner though.