Nugent's Signing

nick1892

If it's true, it's more desperation. Not because Nugent isn't good enough (haven't seen enough of him, but heard good things about him), it's the fact Milner shouldn't be allowed to leave at present. However, because we've left it so late, when people know we're in need of a striker, we aren't in a very good position in terms of bargaining power. If we'd gone for Nugent a lot earlier, I can't see any reason why getting him would have been a problem. Presumably we weren't interested in him until very recently though. Transfer policy is an oxymoron at NUFC though it would seem.

Is Glenn looking long term though in regards to Milner....in english, does he think Milner has a future of 1st team football?

I mean, we've got Zoggy & Duff who I'd like to think Roeder would be looking to play. I wish it was fecking luque going the other way...!  :unsure:

188358[/snapback]

Nugent is a greater talent than Milner though.

188359[/snapback]

A greater talent than Luque, obviously and more reliable and adaptable in different positions which is why I'm not happy we'd be one good player down and......still left with Luque!

Is Glenn looking long term though in regards to Milner....in english, does he think Milner has a future of 1st team football?

I mean, we've got Zoggy & Duff who I'd like to think Roeder would be looking to play. I wish it was fecking luque going the other way...!  :unsure:

188358[/snapback]

188359[/snapback]

A greater talent than Luque, obviously and more reliable and adaptable in different positions which is why I'm not happy we'd be one good player down and......still left with Luque!

188370[/snapback]

But teams actually want Milner. Have we found someone who wants Luque yet?

Remember a few weeks back when Roeder said something about "there's no point signing a player now only for a better one to come on the market in a month and you regret you've missed out on him." Seems to me that this is going to be the basis for his dealings in the transfer market - leave everything til the last minute on the offchance something better comes along.

It seems to really REALLY work well.

188358[/snapback]

188359[/snapback]

188370[/snapback]

188371[/snapback]

Based on what I saw from him last Sunday I wouldn't spend a pint for letting him play in my pub team.

I mean, we've got Zoggy & Duff who I'd like to think Roeder would be looking to play. I wish it was fecking luque going the other way...!  :rolleyes:

188358[/snapback]

188359[/snapback]

188370[/snapback]

188371[/snapback]

PIG.GIF

I think your missing my point, again and your starting to annoy me..! :unsure:

I know teams would prefer to take Milner on as he's a better player and I accept that , Christ! Have a word! I was stating that it's a shame, ok, that we'd still be left with Luque, a crap player, with Milner gone, a good player.

I mean, we've got Zoggy & Duff who I'd like to think Roeder would be looking to play. I wish it was fecking luque going the other way...!  :rolleyes:

188358[/snapback]

188359[/snapback]

188370[/snapback]

188371[/snapback]

PIG.GIF

I know teams would prefer to take Milner on as he's a better player and I accept that , Christ! Have a word! I was stating that it's a shame, ok, that we'd still be left with Luque, a crap player, with Milner gone, a good player.

188378[/snapback]

"you're"

I mean, we've got Zoggy & Duff who I'd like to think Roeder would be looking to play. I wish it was fecking luque going the other way...!  :o

188358[/snapback]

188359[/snapback]

188370[/snapback]

188371[/snapback]

PIG.GIF

188378[/snapback]

"you're"

188384[/snapback]

Shaddap! :rolleyes:

Although I've said I'd like to keep Milner I'm still not convinced by him at all. He shone in a shite side last season (much as he did at Leeds) and has had a good game against very ordinary in the UEFA Cup so far this year.

If Milner could only play one position, we'd have shipped him out by now. He's only good enough as backup but demands regular action.