Rossi On Loan

Tooj

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~890392,00.html

Newcastle Go For Man Utd Starlet

NEWCASTLE United have reached an agreement with Manchester United to take striker Giuseppe Rossi on loan.

Born in America, but an Italian U21 international who previously played for Parma, Rossi is set for a spell at St. James' Park until January 1, 2007. As a condition of all loan deals between Premiership clubs, however, he will be prevented from playing for the Magpies in any meetings with the Red Devils.

Rossi has made 14 appearances at senior level for Sir Alex Ferguson's side, scoring four times.

He netted for the Red Devils in his first taste of Premiership action, hitting the target at the Stadium of Light last season in a 3-1 win against Sunderland.

His other goals were in the League Cup against Barnet and a brace in the FA Cup against Burton Albion last term. Rossi has also been prolific at Reserve level for the club.

Love how the pic is of him scoring against The Mackems. :lol:

Edited by Jonny2J

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well at least its a striker till the next transfer window, better than nothing which was what we had a few minutes ago!

And anyway he was obviously our first choice all along, we've just kept quiet about it so we didn't alert other clubs!

i was under the impression he is quite highly rated.

188092[/snapback]

He's a "prospect for the future" in the same way Chopra (and Brayson before him) was classed as the same here.

You only have to look at the quality of teams who loan Man Utd's reserve players (Birmingham, West Brom, Watford, etc..) to realise what our level of ambition is these days....

Very, very disappointing tbh

188092[/snapback]

He's a "prospect for the future" in the same way Chopra (and Brayson before him) was classed as the same here.

You only have to look at the quality of teams who loan Man Utd's reserve players (Birmingham, West Brom, Watford, etc..) to realise what our level of ambition is these days....

188097[/snapback]

I came on here to get a more sensible outlook than on N-O, but it seems the miserable cunts have infiltrated here as well.

188092[/snapback]

188097[/snapback]

I came on here to get a more sensible outlook than on N-O, but it seems the miserable cunts have infiltrated here as well.

188098[/snapback]

No offence mate, but my Man United mates (yes, I have some :lol:) think Chopra is better than Rossi.

188098[/snapback]

Realists tbh.

188100[/snapback]

Its not realism. It's pointless pessimism and an inability to actually praise a sensible move when you see one.

188092[/snapback]

188097[/snapback]

188098[/snapback]

Think you'll find that echo's the sentiment of many. Effectively we've replaced Shearer and Owen with a virtual unknown (and unproven in the premiership) and one of Man Utd's kids...

188098[/snapback]

Realists tbh.

188100[/snapback]

Its not realism. It's pointless pessimism and an inability to actually praise a sensible move when you see one.

188105[/snapback]

We'll see. I hope you prove me wrong but I won't be holding my breath.

188098[/snapback]

Realists tbh.

188100[/snapback]

188105[/snapback]

Seen a lot of Rossi at this level have you? If he can do the business, why have they let him go? Their current 2 strikers have a history of injury problems, and Rooney is suspended.

Out of Luque, Martins, Rossi and Ameobi; where is the striker to get us 15-20 goals a season?