Rossi On Loan

Tooj

Have to say like, I'm not sure where all the fuss is coming from in this thread.  A move like this wouldn't have been my first choice a month ago, but at this stage of proceedings I'm not too bothered by it.  I also suspect that if this lad had gone somewhere else on loan and we hadn't tried to bring him here, that some of those complaining in this thread would be up in arms about it.

188267[/snapback]

Aye me too, hope he comes back and bites you all in the bollocks and scores plenty!

Anyway i'm off to work, by 5pm I expect a flurry of transfers. :unsure:

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Re the "we used to compete with Man United, now we take their reserve players on loan" comments - we haven't genuinely competed with Man United for a decade. If you haven't come to terms with that yet, you really should.

Re the "we used to compete with Man United, now we take their reserve players on loan" comments - we haven't genuinely competed with Man United for a decade.  If you haven't come to terms with that yet, you really should.

188296[/snapback]

amen-a-rooney

For those of you who are whingeing - we've not been fit to lace Man Utd's boots for years now, and Ferguson has always been top class at picking out potentially good players. I know this is a kerayzee thought but let's see what he can do before metaphorically chucking ourselves off the Tyne Bridge at this news eh?

Not read the rest of the thread, so has already probably been said, but what the hell are we doing paying for his premiership learning curve? Jesus wept.

If we were prepared to take a loan deal to fill that spot then surely there were more proven alternatives-and because it was a loan agreement it wouldnt matter if they were old or owt.

Re the "we used to compete with Man United, now we take their reserve players on loan" comments - we haven't genuinely competed with Man United for a decade.  If you haven't come to terms with that yet, you really should.

188296[/snapback]

well we got right back up there for one season under Robson. So not quite that long ago.

Its a sad state of affairs though. We could all agree that we needed around 6 signings at the beginning of this summer and we can all see we could have done it. It wouldnt have cost a huge amount of money either.Regardless of Rossi's potential talent it just how much of a screw up they've made imo. Thats just not this summer though. We're obviously suffering from the knock on effects of the past couple of seasons.

There was plenty of people posting for calm and sensibility then too.

Maybe I'm reading to much into this but with Rossi on loan and possibly another striker still to come in, I wouldn't at all be surprised if Luque is moved on.

188266[/snapback]

Now that would brighten things up a bit!

I think you lot are lying to yourselves towards how you felt when you first saw so I'm not buying any of that sorry...!

As it happens thinking about it now it obviously is a good deal and he should do a job for us up until January with a more permanent solution. However, that says it all about us leaving this till last minute which is what people are really whining about...! :unsure:

What about our defence? Is he going to do the same and risk having to deal with getting two new defenders in January? That would be a little bit too much in taking a chance on different players there and then doing just as good a job. Having said that though I don't think we will do that, but I'm just hoping we don't just sign any fucker in ending up with more unreliable players at the back.

Not read the rest of the thread, so has already probably been said, but what the hell are we doing paying for his premiership learning curve? Jesus wept.

If we were prepared to take a loan deal to fill that spot then surely there were more proven alternatives-and because it was a loan agreement it wouldnt matter if they were old or owt.

188304[/snapback]

Good point. :unsure:

188296[/snapback]

well we got right back up there for one season under Robson. So not quite that long ago.

188305[/snapback]

We had a couple of seasons where we punched above our weight man - same as Spurs and Everton have done in the last few years. We were never long term competition for Man United.

Well, I could have thought of better alternatives, but considering the circumstances it probably was a sensible thing to do. At least we got some cover in as it was clear that we aren't looking for someone who is considered first choice and to replace Shola. Of course the circumstances are frustrating, but it just shows Newcastle's positon in todays top flight football and where Souness has left after his disastrous spell.

188296[/snapback]

188305[/snapback]

We had a couple of seasons where we punched above our weight man - same as Spurs and Everton have done in the last few years. We were never long term competition for Man United.

188313[/snapback]

the one season we were genuine title contenders for a long while... until we got dicked by them. As for long term, who knows? Some more investment at the right time and it could all be very different. I cant see how you can compare it to Spurs and Everton when they did it for one season and we did it for 3 on the trot.

Im 100% certain though that theres no way Fergie would have loaned us any players in them 3 seasons.

I came on here to get a more sensible outlook than on N-O, but it seems the miserable cunts have infiltrated here as well.

188098[/snapback]

Realists tbh.

188100[/snapback]

Its not realism. It's pointless pessimism and an inability to actually praise a sensible move when you see one.

188105[/snapback]

I see it as one through the door, wait and see then criticise. If no one else comes I will be disapointed (very) but till then :unsure:

I think I'd be happy enough for him to come here given the circumstances now. Seems to prove our transfer dealings have been a shambles in this window though.

I think I'd be happy enough for him to come here given the circumstances now. Seems to prove our transfer dealings have been a shambles in this window though.

188323[/snapback]

There's a common theme happening here.

But whereas you say you're 'happy', are you? Or are you accepting this as damage limitation for a monumental fuck up in the this transfer window?

188323[/snapback]

But whereas you say you're 'happy', are you? Or are you accepting this as damage limitation for a monumental fuck up in the this transfer window?

188329[/snapback]

Yes, basically :unsure:

188323[/snapback]

188329[/snapback]

Yes, basically :unsure:

188332[/snapback]

One day perhaps we may look like a professional outfit :rolleyes:

188296[/snapback]

188305[/snapback]

188313[/snapback]

The punching above our weight comment is BS, and you know it. We came third, at one stage we had an outside chance of even winning the league, but we blew it, big style. But at least then we were aspiring to match ManU and more than compete with the likes of Liverpool, which should always be a realistic aim at a club of our size.

This beggars can't be choosers attitude is all well and good, but it does proove one thing - we are beggars. The best case scenario out of this is that he prooves to be brilliant and scores loads of goals for us. But then what? After 4 months he is back to ManU and we have effectively increased their assets. The worst case scenario is that he is worse than Chopra and has taken out attention away from what we really need - a strong target man with an eye for goal, who we actually own.

188296[/snapback]

188305[/snapback]

188313[/snapback]

The punching above our weight comment is BS, and you know it. We came third, at one stage we had an outside chance of even winning the league, but we blew it, big style. But at least then we were aspiring to match ManU and more than compete with the likes of Liverpool, which should always be a realistic aim at a club of our size.

This beggars can't be choosers attitude is all well and good, but it does proove one thing - we are beggars. The best case scenario out of this is that he prooves to be brilliant and scores loads of goals for us. But then what? After 4 months he is back to ManU and we have effectively increased their assets. The worst case scenario is that he is worse than Chopra and has taken out attention away from what we really need - a strong target man with an eye for goal, who we actually own.

188335[/snapback]

Shut up Renton!