West Ham to sign Tevez and Mascherano??

Scottish Mag

Well i'm glad we'll get to see these players in the Premierleague, and also glad they won't at one of the big four.

But aye, Tevez here would have done nicely.

189057[/snapback]

You're happy they've gone to a team who are now looking better than us?

obvisouly happy wouldn't be the word no. But I'm more apathetic towards all this. We've been in need for 2 to 3 decent strikers (not even necessarily world class) for 3 years now. We can't expect other teams to hang around waiting for us.

There's been so much talk about Tevez for many years, and in a sense yeah, I'm glad we'll get to see him evolve in our league.

189068[/snapback]

I just can't understand why you're happier him being at west ham than at one of the top 4. Do you know who our rvials actually are?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye, just read it was a permanent deal. However, the fact that no financial info about the deal is available whatsoever, along with the fact that tevez buy out clause was around £60mil means fishy business.

The FA should investigate it. A company with links to another clubs chairman 'buys' a rival club 2 players. hmmmm. what if we have a west ham vs chelsea fa cup final!? Favours to be repaid?

Its all bullshit and shouldnt be allowed.

When they go to chelsea next season, yes it should.

You cant tell me that just because MSI are interested in buying a midtable premiership club they are willing to write off anywhere up to £50-60mil on 2 of the best young players in the world!?

Also, how much of a say in this do we reckon the 2 players had?

''yes carlos, i know chelsea, arsenal, man u, real, barca and milan are interested, but west ham got to the FA Cup final last year!'

When they go to chelsea next season, yes it should.

You cant tell me that just because MSI are interested in buying a midtable premiership club they are willing to write off anywhere up to £50-60mil on 2 of the best young players in the world!?

Also, how much of a say in this do we reckon the 2 players had?

''yes carlos, i know chelsea, arsenal, man u, real, barca and milan are interested, but west ham got to the FA Cup final last year!'

189113[/snapback]

They're massively in debt, close to going under. Do you know how much they've been paid for these players?

who are? If they are that much in debt why are they buying a club!?

DO i know how much who has been paid for these players? Corinthians? Theyve either been paid a lot more money than west ham have or a lot less money than those 2 players are worth.

DO i know how much who has been paid for these players? Corinthians? Theyve either been paid a lot more money than west ham have or a lot less money than those 2 players are worth.

189117[/snapback]

Corinthians are hugely in debt.

189117[/snapback]

189119[/snapback]

I think J69s point was that they could have got a lot more money from other (top) clubs.

Exactly. I cant see west ham having much more money to spend on those 2 than we spent on martins and duff. They only been out the championship 12months. And i dont think even FFS is stupid enough to miss a trick like that!

Alan Pardew insists that the signing of Argentinian duo Carlos Tevez and Javier Mascherano will enable West Ham United to compete with the very best teams in European football.

The Hammers boss could hardly contain his delight after swooping to sign two of the most sought-after talents in the world game just before the close of the transfer window today, and admits that the deal represents a monumental occasion for the Club.

"What a fantastic day for West Ham United Football Club," says Pards. "Not only am I excited by the arrivals of Carlos and Javier, but the entire squad is too, and I am sure our supporters feel the same.

"I have no doubt that this deal will give us a real chance to compete with the very best teams in the Premiership and in Europe.

"Our Chairman Terry Brown came to me on Monday and gave me the opportunity to go for Carlos and Javier - and you don't turn down the chance to sign two world class players.

"When I met the players, though, I didn't have to sell West Ham United to them. They knew all about our success last season and our style of play, as the Premiership is shown on TV in South America every week.

"It is a massive coup for us. I've said all along that, while signing young English players remains very important to our transfer policy, I want to take this Club forward and will get talent from wherever it is available. I want nothing to stand in the way of doing everything we can to win a trophy for this great Club.

"I went out to the World Cup finals in the summer and watched the Argentina v Serbia game. Tevez came on as a substitute and I was quite simply blown away by his talent.

"I know West Ham fans will take to him straight away. He is in the same bracket as Paolo Di Canio in terms of what he can bring - charisma, high skill and excitement.

"Mascherano is a different player - he brings a calming influence in possession and is an intelligent player on the pitch, controlling the tempo of the game in a more formidable way than we could last year.

"I've already had three or four of the players on the phone, they are all very excited by the news, and I'm sure there will be a real buzz around the place when we report back for training on Tuesday morning."

this whole deal is just totally dodgy.

tevez alone had a buyout clause of around £60m.

i hope that msi or chelski or whoever is behind doesnt ruin either players career.

this whole deal is just totally dodgy.

tevez alone had a buyout clause of around £60m.

i hope that msi or chelski or whoever is behind doesnt ruin either players career.

189127[/snapback]

Buyout clauses don't have to mean anything. It's not forbidden to accept less money if you don't want to hold on the player. IIRC Spanish clubs even are entitled to include a buy-out clause in player contracts, which is normally set ridiculously high.

189117[/snapback]

189119[/snapback]

I think J69s point was that they could have got a lot more money from other (top) clubs.

189121[/snapback]

But MSI have paid the money, not West Ham. :unsure:

Sure, Tevez might have wanted to go somewhere else, but I'm pretty sure MSI had more say in it than him.

It's fucking disgusting that within one year of being promoted to the Premiership, West Ham's team and West Ham's squad is stronger than ours.

This is a club who went down and sold off nearly every one of their star players and yet they've pulled level, possibly even ahead of us, an established Premiership club with ten of millions to spend, without breaking a sweat.

Talksport are supposed to have said that a whole host of premiership clubs were offered the 'deal' that West Ham were, but all of them, including Portsmouth, rejected the offer out of hand...

189138[/snapback]

If that's true, the rumours about them going to Chelsea next year are spot on.