Fook

goldman

Nobody wants to play for poor old Graeme. Transfer window running out. Emre knackered? Something wrong with Dyer's shins presumably. Fat Fuck thinks we'll sign an England centre forward. Refs have it in for us. Oh well at least it's a fairly typical start to a Newcastle season.

Nobody wants to play for poor old Graeme. Transfer window running out. Emre knackered? Something wrong with Dyer's shins presumably. Fat Fuck thinks we'll sign an England centre forward. Refs have it in for us. Oh well at least  it's a fairly typical start to a Newcastle season.

15100[/snapback]

He'll be gone soon probably anyway, and hopefully they'll think more about the manager. Souness was already experienced at arguing with his players at Blackburn, however he did have a successful season with Blackburn, who were an average team and finished 6th.

Seems like our Graeme might have a bit of a worrying reputation as a man manager in the footballing world...

There's a lad at Blackburn called Craig Bellamy, and a lad at Man City called Andy Cole, a lad at Birmingham called David Dunn, a lad at Portsmouth called Laurent Robert, and quite a few lads at Blackburn for starters, who can tell you a thing or two about him.

Although, in spite of a lot of these players playing brilliantly for other managers, particularly Cole, Bellamy and a certain Dwight Yorke, Souey boy still thinks that HE handled them correctly !!

When is this nightmare going to end ?

Seems like our Graeme might have a bit of a worrying reputation as a man manager in the footballing world...

15117[/snapback]

Thing is, I have been saying for a while that players won't come to Newcastle because of Souness. But I have just finished reading Bobby's autobiography, and I am really concerned managers won't come to Newcastle because of Shepherd.

Shepherd comes across as being a complete arsehole in that book. I know Robson has an axe to grind, but I think we all know what Shepherd is like from the media, straight from the horse's mouth, if you like.

So the real concern is when (not if) Souness goes, who will put up with the fat, incompetent, meddlesome cnut as their boss? Not the best managers, I'm sure. And everyone will know what he's like form Robson's autobiography and, of course, from the man himself. All I can say is we'd better hope, even pray, Shearer can make the transition, otherwise we are finished.

We have been going downhill for 2 years now, when are we going to hit the bottom? Not for a while yet, I fear. :blink:

Nobody wants to play for poor old Graeme. Transfer window running out. Emre knackered? Something wrong with Dyer's shins presumably. Fat Fuck thinks we'll sign an England centre forward. Refs have it in for us. Oh well at least  it's a fairly typical start to a Newcastle season.

15100[/snapback]

He'll be gone soon probably anyway, and hopefully they'll think more about the manager. Souness was already experienced at arguing with his players at Blackburn, however he did have a successful season with Blackburn, who were an average team and finished 6th.

15105[/snapback]

Sob... makes me feel all misty-eyed thinking about days of yonder when players actually waned to play under Keegan, Robson...how many crap results until GS gets the chop I wonder??

15117[/snapback]

Thing is, I have been saying for a while that players won't come to Newcastle because of Souness. But I have just finished reading Bobby's autobiography, and I am really concerned managers won't come to Newcastle because of Shepherd.

Shepherd comes across as being a complete arsehole in that book. I know Robson has an axe to grind, but I think we all know what Shepherd is like from the media, straight from the horse's mouth, if you like.

So the real concern is when (not if) Souness goes, who will put up with the fat, incompetent, meddlesome cnut as their boss? Not the best managers, I'm sure. And everyone will know what he's like form Robson's autobiography and, of course, from the man himself. All I can say is we'd better hope, even pray, Shearer can make the transition, otherwise we are finished.

We have been going downhill for 2 years now, when are we going to hit the bottom? Not for a while yet, I fear. :blink:

15149[/snapback]

Fair point. Thing is, other clubs have shite chairman too. Would you prefer Bob Murray, Doug Ellis to name 2..and there are lots of others I don't want to make a long list ... how many managers would play for those ? They still do though. In spite of Shepherd, managers will take the job knowing they will have us the fans, and huge financial backing from Shepherd. Now thats a fact, because they all have had that.

Off the top of my head, in spite of Shepherds faults, which mainly revolve around not keeping his gob shut, the only better chairman than Shepherd are at Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Smoggies, maybe Wigan, the new manu and spurs we will have to wait and see. Not a lot is it.

Shepherds main fault is he has, apart from Bobby Robson, picked the wrong managers.

15117[/snapback]

15149[/snapback]

Fair point. Thing is, other clubs have shite chairman too. Would you prefer Bob Murray, Doug Ellis to name 2..and there are lots of others I don't want to make a long list ... how many managers would play for those ? They still do though. In spite of Shepherd, managers will take the job knowing they will have us the fans, and huge financial backing from Shepherd. Now thats a fact, because they all have had that.

Off the top of my head, in spite of Shepherds faults, which mainly revolve around not keeping his gob shut, the only better chairman than Shepherd are at Chelsea, Arsenal, Liverpool, Smoggies, maybe Wigan, the new manu and spurs we will have to wait and see. Not a lot is it.

Shepherds main fault is he has, apart from Bobby Robson, picked the wrong managers.

15242[/snapback]

Hmmm, I agree up to a point, but its interesting that you've listed three out of the current top four there (i.e. the successful ones), and of course the takeover of ManU is a recent event and we await its impact, as you said.

Most the others are anonymous, I really don't know what they are like as chairmen, but I get the feeling they don't interfere as much as Shepherd. I worry this is what will put people off.

15117[/snapback]

15149[/snapback]

15242[/snapback]

Hmmm, I agree up to a point, but its interesting that you've listed three out of the current top four there (i.e. the successful ones), and of course the takeover of ManU is a recent event and we await its impact, as you said.

Most the others are anonymous, I really don't know what they are like as chairmen, but I get the feeling they don't interfere as much as Shepherd. I worry this is what will put people off.

15257[/snapback]

Fair point again. Maybe the others are anonymous because they have generally been lower than us [until Souness came] because they haven't backed their managers as much as Shepherd, and made transfer news like we have ??

I have gone off Shepherd a lot in the last year, but I can't agree that he hasn't backed his managers, I think he has backed them to the hilt and if he had chose a good one and we therefore had been successful we wouldn't care too much about him making an arse of himself so much either, after all we didn't complain too much about him when we bought Bellamy and Robert and qualified for the Champions League

Edited by LeazesMag

[i have gone off Shepherd a lot in the last year, but I can't agree that he hasn't backed his managers, I think he has backed them to the hilt and if he had chose a good one and we therefore had been successful we wouldn't care too much about him making an arse of himself so much either, after all we didn't complain too much about him when we bought Bellamy and Robert and qualified for the Champions League

Correct, let's all be honest, there are a lot worse out there and IMHO the real thing that has pissed me off most in the past 12 months is the appointment of the arse of a manager, SOURNESS. For that alone the Fat Controller has launched us into a TFD.

No one can argue that the Fat Controllers misguided support for his manager, to the hilt and more.

As LM says if he had got the right manager in place and won things we would not give 2Fs for what the Fat Controller was up to.

15100[/snapback]

Goldman, have just noticed from your Bond picture that Goldeneye bears an uncanny resemblance to FFS.....deliberate on your part?

Does that mean Doug Hall is Oddjob?

Edited by Mag-ic