9th anniversary of Diana's death.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the Daily Express still obsessed with her btw?

188573[/snapback]

100%!

Here's Rob W with his insightful information. He was the bloke in the white Fiat Uno tbh!

:unsure:

I was woken up to the news that our game with Liverpool was postponed. :unsure:

Only reason I gave a shite tbh.  I was in Cambridge at the time, the response was hysterical.

188471[/snapback]

I'd been out on the lash the night before, didn't get up until just before our game against Liverpool was due to start. Put Sky on and read that the game had been called off due to the death of the princess of wales. I looked at it for a while and thought that can't be right, they must mean the Queen Mother. Had to go on to BBC to double check :rolleyes:

9/11 had a more profound effect on me than Di.. I respected what she did in public but knew nothing about her real life so I couldn't really make a judgement.

as with most things, the British press blew it entirely out of proportion though.

Isn't there a bigger statue of Di and Dodi? I thought there was more to it than that - it's Al Fayed with his shirt open baring his chest or something. SSR posted a picture of it up on here with BUCKLE UP written around the bottom of the statue. :unsure:

As somebody said earlier in the thread it was sad two young lads lost their mother and would have the press and nation obsessed with it for what turned out to be fucking ages, so they had little escape from it.

But the way people went on was embarassing. Some of the moronic parents who dragged their kids (and even babies) from round the country to sit in the freezing cold all night so they could get a good spot to "enjoy" watching the funeral procession, i mean FFS!

And the people that were loudest in blaming the press for her death will be the same people who everytime she appeared on the frontpage of a paper, bought it thus making it profitable to put her on the front page, meaning the press would follow her more.

Oh and for the record, big-nosed anorexic leech who had become that much of an embarrasment that the powers that be had no other option.

188765[/snapback]

You buy into the conspiracies about her death don't you?

The French have reopened the case into her death IIRC. Ofcourse, they'll come to the same verdict as before.

Couldn't have been more non-plussed about her death. I was just gutted our match was postponed.

You couldn't have had the mother of the heir to the throne marrying a muslim.  Simple as that.

188770[/snapback]

I thought you'd mentioned it before. I don't believe it myself but haven't read a great deal about it.

The French have reopened the case into her death IIRC. Ofcourse, they'll come to the same verdict as before.

Couldn't have been more non-plussed about her death. I was just gutted our match was postponed.

188772[/snapback]

You sure?

Apparently Prince Phillip is the head of the masons and was owed an enormous favour by his equivalent in France. To settle the score, Big Phil got the french dude to set it all up on french soil.

Thats what i was told.

Didn't Mother Theresa die at around the same time with (comparatively) very little publicity. What did she ever do though?

188767[/snapback]

Same week if I remember correctly, she just didn't have the fashion sense, I liked her hat though.

188772[/snapback]

You sure?

188787[/snapback]

:rolleyes: Fucker. I just came back to edit that, hoped no one had noticed :unsure:

Didn't Mother Theresa die at around the same time with (comparatively) very little publicity. What did she ever do though?

188767[/snapback]

Same week if I remember correctly, she just didn't have the fashion sense, I liked her hat though.

188789[/snapback]

Bumped off by the Vatican because of her habit.

BOOM BOOM.

:o Fucker. I just came back to edit that, hoped no one had noticed  :rolleyes:

188790[/snapback]

Sorry, I thought maybe you meant nonplussed by the reaction, honest. :unsure:

Edited by ObaGol

You couldn't have had the mother of the heir to the throne marrying a muslim.  Simple as that.

188770[/snapback]

That may be true but proves nothing at all.

It was an accident, simple as that.

By the way, Helen Mirren is playing the Queen in a drama about the Royals/Governement in the period just after Diana died. Will she get them out though? :unsure:

Bumped off by the Vatican because of her habit.

BOOM BOOM.

188793[/snapback]

You jest, but may not be far from the truth.

The vatican couldn't stand by and watch a mere nun climb to a position of such public adoration. A saint too early, the bitch had to go. Notice how little's been said about her since? No one will have heard of her in 100 years. In fact, in all probability it's no coincidence that Diana went the same week...