whats the farthest you have walked home

bobbyshinton

13 miles when it was bloody -23º C <_<

188856[/snapback]

As soon as I saw your name in this thread I knew there would be a sub-zero temperature involved :rolleyes:

188860[/snapback]

Only did it once, but enough to stick with me. Went across town with wor lass, who ended up being 'that fucking bitch' by the end of the trip, so I had to walk home. <_<

:o

188872[/snapback]

The marriage was off then? ;)

188880[/snapback]

Meh, that one was never marrying material.

Good in bed, though. Better than Gemmill. :unsure:

Edited by Zathras

Ran (technically speaking it was walked) away from home when I was, oooh, 12-ish (?). Walked from Whitley to N'cassel, bought some food, then walked to Chester-le-Street where I was picked up by the polis!! Not sure of the total distance but maybe 20+ miles???

188869[/snapback]

More than that. How long did it take?

13 miles when it was bloody -23º C <_<

188856[/snapback]

As soon as I saw your name in this thread I knew there would be a sub-zero temperature involved :rolleyes:

188860[/snapback]

Only did it once, but enough to stick with me. Went across town with wor lass, who ended up being 'that fucking bitch' by the end of the trip, so I had to walk home. :)

188872[/snapback]

188880[/snapback]

188882[/snapback]

She must have had something seriously wrong with her. Normally you've all but proposed after a week. <_<

The farthest I've walked home pissed is about 8 miles. It's always a bad idea about half an hour in though. Once walked about 15 miles in a day in the Lake District once. I actually quite enjoyed that.

My mate once ran back from town to Felling, in tears because he got refused entry to a pub on his birthday. :unsure: When we got back, the front door was open, the burglar alarm was going, and he was slumped half on, half off the sofa with two lines of mud spattered up his back from where he'd flicked it up as he'd ran across the field.

The same lad once left town early, picked himself up a curry and went home only to realise he'd forgot his keys. Undaunted he sat on the front step and ate a full chicken tikka massala with his hands and then passed out. When we got back he was comatose on the doorstep with the red sauce in his hands, up his sleeves and all over his face, the scruffy tramp.

13 miles when it was bloody -23º C :)

188856[/snapback]

188860[/snapback]

Only did it once, but enough to stick with me. Went across town with wor lass, who ended up being 'that fucking bitch' by the end of the trip, so I had to walk home. :(

188872[/snapback]

188880[/snapback]

188882[/snapback]

She must have had something seriously wrong with her. Normally you've all but proposed after a week. <_<

188907[/snapback]

Either that or sent them packing. <_<

Ran (technically speaking it was walked) away from home when I was, oooh, 12-ish (?). Walked from Whitley to N'cassel, bought some food, then walked to Chester-le-Street where I was picked up by the polis!! Not sure of the total distance but maybe 20+ miles???

188869[/snapback]

188883[/snapback]

8 or 9 hours I reckon? It was a school day so must have left around 8:30-ish, and was picked up teatime-ish. I can't be too accurate as the sands of time have drifted somewhat since then :unsure:

188869[/snapback]

188883[/snapback]

8 or 9 hours I reckon? It was a school day so must have left around 8:30-ish, and was picked up teatime-ish. I can't be too accurate as the sands of time have drifted somewhat since then :unsure:

188934[/snapback]

No shit! It was probably pretty much an as-the-crow-flies trek across fields back then. :rolleyes:

188869[/snapback]

188883[/snapback]

188934[/snapback]

No shit! It was probably pretty much an as-the-crow-flies trek across fields back then. :rolleyes:

188938[/snapback]

:o;) Aye, just me and the birds....fallalah, fallalee, fallalahahahaha, a knapsack on my back <_<

I did about 20 miles in the lakes recently. Climbed up Hellvelyn in severe gails and no visibility, got lost and took the wrong path down to completely the wrong valley. The only safe way back was to climb the mountain AGAIN and come back down the right way :rolleyes:. I was absolutely knackered and could hardly walk the next day.

My friend has done the lake District marathon - climbing all 4 peaks over 3000 feet in under 24 hours, plus all the distance in between (nearly 50 miles). The thought of that is disturbing. He did it in 17 hours too - the top athletes can do it in less than 10 apparently. :unsure:

I did about 20 miles in the lakes recently. Climbed up Hellvelyn in severe gails and no visibility, got lost and took the wrong path down to completely the wrong valley. The only safe way back was to climb the mountain AGAIN and come back down the right way :rolleyes:. I was absolutely knackered and could hardly walk the next day.

My friend has done the lake District marathon - climbing all 4 peaks over 3000 feet in under 24 hours, plus all the distance in between (nearly 50 miles). The thought of that is disturbing. He did it in 17 hours too - the top athletes can do it in less than 10 apparently.  :unsure:

188956[/snapback]

Not the first time either, I suspect.

I walk home from town and Whitley all the time, only about 4-5 miles though.

When I was about 15 I went on a hike with my dad, that was 26 miles.

I remember a few years back I walked home from Whitley but went the wrong way slightly, walked across Churchill playing fields, under the subway and right the way along the path, I didn't know i'd end up in Holywell, eventually made my way through Earsdon/Shiremoor/Benton back to Wallsend

I remember a few years back I walked home from Whitley but went the wrong way slightly, walked across Churchill playing fields, under the subway and right the way along the path, I didn't know i'd end up in Holywell, eventually made my way through Earsdon/Shiremoor/Benton back to Wallsend

It's the complete opposite direction, you berk! :rolleyes:

Walked home from town once, walked home from Whitley Bay more times than I care to remember although it only takes me 30 miuntes-ish. Me and my mate also had to run home from a house party in the Meadowell but that's a whole different story.

It's the complete opposite direction, you berk! :blink:

189766[/snapback]

:blink:

I was canny mortal like, had never walked back from Whitley prior to that, didn't have a clue where I was going. When I was halfway along the path I wondered where the heck I was going, but thought it would I would end up somewhere soon.