Gemmill

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Watch him have a great season now.

Stupid mistake unless we're getting big money, to sell him at this time for anything less than £5m would be foolish.

188548[/snapback]

Not to sell him for any more would also be foolish.

Not wishing to appear pessimistic, but I can't help but feel that he might be moving on to bigger and better things. :rolleyes:

188544[/snapback]

Gemmill's optimism finally broken. Welcome to the dark side. :unsure:

Hes had a great start to the season. Hes shown hes better than our only RW and that he can play upfront if needed, which he probably will be. . . . . . so lets flog him to a team that looks like it will be rivalling us to get into Europe.

But its ok cos we got 2 big name players

lets flog him to a team that looks like it will be rivalling us to get into Europe.

188555[/snapback]

Aston Villa aren't our rivals. At the minute we've little chance of getting anywhere near Europe.

Not wishing to appear pessimistic, but I can't help but feel that he might be moving on to bigger and better things. :rolleyes:

188544[/snapback]

Gemmill's optimism finally broken. Welcome to the dark side. :unsure:

188554[/snapback]

Where've you been? Gemmill's overthrown the emperor and had the place redecorated.

Rat's from a sinking ship?

I'm not saying Milner looks like a rat by the way.

More of a troll.

188543[/snapback]

More of a pepperoni pizza tbh

Something MUST be happening though because Roeder surely wouldn't agree to dilute the strength of the squad further. It's a shame though because from a midfield perspective we finally had some options from the bench and looked like we were building a proper squad (ONLY from a midfield point of view). Now we're dismantling it with no time to put it back together.

While we do have good cover in Duff, Nobby, NZogbia - Id liked to have seen us keep him in what at the moment is a paper thin squad. Any quality I think is worth hanging on to. More so if the figure they go for is around the £3M mark.

Unless - FS has more than pizza up that sleeve of his.

Something MUST be happening though because Roeder surely wouldn't agree to dilute the strength of the squad further.

188581[/snapback]

If FS feels he has received a good bid for Milner then Roeder's opinion won't mean shit.

Something MUST be happening though because Roeder surely wouldn't agree to dilute the strength of the squad further.

188581[/snapback]

Even after all this time, you still think there's logic within the corridors of St James Park? :unsure:

Heres hoping! Like i say though, why flog him after hes just put in the best month since he arrived at the club! Its stupid.

188592[/snapback]

Because it's typical NUFC, that's why....

Heres hoping! Like i say though, why flog him after hes just put in the best month since he arrived at the club! Its stupid.

188592[/snapback]

I don't think he's been all that good so far this season tbh. I'm not saying we should sell him or anything, but I wouldn't say I'm convinced by him yet.

More stupidity from NUFC by the sounds of it. Our squad is already way too small, so lets make that worse whilst at the same time giving a rival team a player they want in a position they need.

And does anyone expect us to get any more than £3m-£3.5m knowing the way we do things.

Subject to final confirmation we understand that our final day transfer dealing consists of selling James Milner to Aston Villa and using the wedge to fund the purchase of Marc Viduka.

And despite the fact that England U21 midfielder spent last season at Villa Park, we understand he is reluctant to return there - but will go.

So much for developing young English talent eh?

RE: Roeder's recent comments about bringing three players in - does the fat Aussie b*st*rd count as two?

We can only refer you to our reference to Milner in the match report from the Villarreal pre-season game:

In the early weeks of this season the England U21 man has shown effort and commitment and what looks like a genuine desire to rebuild his United career on the back of an individually successful season out on loan. 

What a shame it would be if an English talent was sacrificed to finance some palm-greasers' deal to sign a bloke who doesn't know Newcastle from Naples or Nijmegen.

Add in Melbourne to that list.

From .com. I don't mind the idea of Viduka coming in, but if we're having to sell Milner to fund it we're obviously brassic.