do you drink and drive

bobbyshinton

In the past yes (very distant) the old well it's ok if you only have 3 or 4, then you are under the limit if you have 2. :unsure:

Now, last 10 years or so never. I will drink if I go in a bar, even if I'm driving, so I never go to a bar when driving.

I could be done driving the next day, whilst still over the limit

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not worth the risk tbh. The bit about avoiding a bar is spot on too. Most people sober would say they would never do it. But if you have a pint another one 'for the road' is tempting. Even if you're just over you get 12 months.

Did it once shortly after passing my test, just to a friend's and back after 3 or 4 drinks, and I was so alarmed by how much worse my perception and reaction times were that it put me off ever doing it again. Mind, I haven't driven for about 7 years now anyway.

Did it once shortly after passing my test, just to a friend's and back after 3 or 4 drinks, and I was so alarmed by how much worse my perception and reaction times were that it put me off ever doing it again. Mind, I haven't driven for about 7 years now anyway.

188705[/snapback]

Doing time for dd? :unsure:

Doing time for dd? :unsure:

188708[/snapback]

Bet those spoilt bastards have golf carts to get them from the XBOX 360 to the pheasant shoot now anyway!

Edited by ObaGol

188705[/snapback]

Doing time for dd? :o

188708[/snapback]

:unsure: Worse - living in Germany :rolleyes:

188705[/snapback]

188708[/snapback]

188715[/snapback]

No cars in Germany ;)

I would never knowingly drink drive. I won't even drink a half and get into a car.

Having said that, I have a horrible feeling I may have been over the limit the next day a few times in the past when I had 6 o'clock starts and had been on the piss the night before. I'll never do that again either now though. Infact, I get really paranoid about it.

I would never knowingly drink drive. I won't even drink a half and get into a car.

Having said that, I have a horrible feeling I may have been over the limit the next day a few times in the past when I had 6 o'clock starts and had been on the piss the night before. I'll never do that again either now though. Infact, I get really paranoid about it.

188720[/snapback]

It's a hard one that. I can easy say right away out on the drink car is away. Next day it is hard to predict what you are going to have to do. (work excepted) :unsure:

188720[/snapback]

Wor lass is very careful about that if she has an early start. Bet loads of people have done it. I very rarely drive now we share a car tbh. I frequently drink though :unsure:

188705[/snapback]

188708[/snapback]

188715[/snapback]

No cars in Germany ;)

188718[/snapback]

Aye, fantastic public transport though

188733[/snapback]

Is there not always one who smells of piss and margarine there, too though.

I'll have one pint, or a couple o shandies :unsure:

When I go to the game, if Im driving Ill had 2 before the game but nothing at half time.

Other than that, no way. Im also wary the next day if Ive been out and have often thought about getting one of them personal breath things, never got around to it and dont know if they are any good.

Though, when I used to go clubbing alot from my days in Planet Earth (Walkers) and later Riverside (shindig) the amount of cars outside and the amount of gear you know people were taking was alarming. As Alex says, I see the drug thing as more of a problem almost as it cannot be as easily detected.

Wor lass doesnt really drink though, so when we go out now she usually drivers. Result!

188733[/snapback]

188737[/snapback]

Fried potatoes and schnapps, but yeah.

188733[/snapback]

188737[/snapback]

Meenzer's never noticed it. :unsure::o

188749[/snapback]

Says Mr. "Camomile tea smells of piss but I like it anyway" over there. :rolleyes:

Only usually have one pint if I go to a pub and i'm driving. Only once had more than that and as Meenzer said the difference is noticable. Lucky I wasn't drunk enough to think I could take on the world and I actually realised what a complete arse i'd been and how much it does effect your perceptions.

Never deliberately.

However, my dad was working in London a few years back and I went down to see him. Ended up having a pretty heavy session and crawling into bed in the early hours.

Now I had to get back up here the next day and woke up feeling pretty rough. Had a coffee and a bite to eat and thought I'd be ok. Just before joining the M25 I had to fill up with petrol, so I got out the car, got the nozzle and missed the filler hole by a good two or three inches.

That told me I wasn't fit to drive. Hung around the services for a couple of hours sobering up.

My mate went to a party in Doncaster once and woke up in his own bed in Newcastle, and couldn't remember half the night, never mind driving himself home. What a dickhead! One of those instances where you're best off not having your car keys on you cos he always claimed that he couldn't remember anything about either making the decision to drive home, or actually carrying it out.

Amazed he didn't kill himself or anyone else. Although in that situation it's always possible you did and have no recollection of it. :unsure: