do you drink and drive

bobbyshinton

Lad I used to work wthi got done for drink driving. He was just over and reckoned the copper told him he would have been under if he'd eaten something or taken a piss.

190565[/snapback]

Mind, coppers talk some shite :nufc:

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eating slows alcohol absorbtion -

but taking a leak doesn't chnage things as it's blood stream levels they test - by the time its in the urine its out of the testing zone

but taking a leak doesn't chnage things as it's blood stream levels they test - by the time its in the urine its out of the testing zone

190571[/snapback]

Many's the golden shower Rob's had to prove this.

Lad I used to work wthi got done for drink driving. He was just over and reckoned the copper told him he would have been under if he'd eaten something or taken a piss.

190565[/snapback]

I'm pretty sceptical about the taking a piss bit. :nufc:

Did he demand a blood test was done, thus giving him some more time?

I'm often more worried about being pulled over in the morning on the way to work after a night out. Sure there have been occasions where i've been over the limit (bloodwise, not as in i'm staggering about) after only a few hours sleep.

According to Rob's guidelines, if I have 4 pints of stellar at my pub quiz (finishing at 11 pm), I am unfit to drive to work the next day at 8 am. That can't be right can it?

190593[/snapback]

I think you've answered your own question tbh.

According to Rob's guidelines, if I have 4 pints of stellar at my pub quiz (finishing at 11 pm), I am unfit to drive to work the next day at 8 am. That can't be right can it?

190593[/snapback]

That's how cautious his guidlines are and they STILL say 4 units immediately before driving is cushdy.

190593[/snapback]

That's how cautious his guidlines are and they STILL say 4 units immediately before driving is cushdy.

190598[/snapback]

Aye, quite surprised at that I must say. I was under the impression it was more like 2 units.

Aye, quite surprised at that I must say. I was under the impression it was more like 2 units.

190604[/snapback]

I'm sure that's what it is in most of the rest of Europe. 2 pints is obviously way too much for, in my experience, the majority of blokes to drive after.

190593[/snapback]

The state you were in at the last pissup, I'd give yourself at least a fortnight after 4 pints of stella, lightweight. :nufc:

190593[/snapback]

190598[/snapback]

190604[/snapback]

I can neck 2 bottles of stella straight down and be OK, but not sip 4 pints the night before. Odd.

190571[/snapback]

Many's the golden shower Rob's had to prove this.

190582[/snapback]

only with the polis

190593[/snapback]

Not MY guidelines

Buttheres a lot of common sense there - if they say you can drink a couple of glasses of wine you'd get lasses drinking 2 x 225 ml glasses of 13.5% SHiraz.......................

190593[/snapback]

190598[/snapback]

190604[/snapback]

well that's pretty safe - as it says - depends what you drink - and extra 1% looks as if its worth half a pint a least................................

190604[/snapback]

I'm sure that's what it is in most of the rest of Europe. 2 pints is obviously way too much for, in my experience, the majority of blokes to drive after.

190615[/snapback]

any booze slows your reactions of course

any booze slows your reactions of course

190656[/snapback]

So does lack of sleep, poor diet, lack of exercise, age, genetics etc.

Got to find a middle ground, maybe I should say - majority are affected enough for it to be a real problem after a couple of pints.

My mate got breathalised after having one pint and scored 8/35 or whatever it was on the reading.

I was under the impression that two units was a bottle, not a pint. A pint is technically over. Also knew a friend to have had 3 or 4 pints and got breathalised when moving his car across the road (not driving away.. just wanted to move it for the morning). He passed the test also.. You'd have to be a complete lightweight I reckon to fail the test after 3 or 4 units (2 or so pints). Saying that, I'll never have more than a pint when driving, even then that pint will be over the space of a couple of hours!

No not now, but when i was younger i stupidly dropped off my girlfriend who lived near the police headquarters for this county shortly after drinking half a bottle of vodka. I got pulled over, breathalized. Before the light could change a car sped past with a smashed window and a flat tyre. The policed dived in there car and chased it. Lucky escape.

Oh and the time i got drunk round a girls, fell asleep. She gave me the choice of the sofa or home, so i went home still drunk, she lived opposite the local police station. Once i did the walk past the station windows to the car the drive home across the bridge in the dark seemed easy.

The thing with drinking and driving is that if you do it you deserve everything you get if you have an accident and end up badly injured or dead. Unfortunately if you hit or kill someone else, they don't deserve it. Seen far too many people in hideous states (both drivers and victims) following drink driving incidents. Anyone on here who tells other people that they're a lightweight for not being able to handle any alcohol and drive is a fucking muppet.

The thing with drinking and driving is that if you do it you deserve everything you get if you have an accident and end up badly injured or dead.  Unfortunately if you hit or kill someone else, they don't deserve it.  Seen far too many people in hideous states (both drivers and victims) following drink driving incidents.  Anyone on here who tells other people that they're a lightweight for not being able to handle any alcohol and drive is a fucking muppet.

191664[/snapback]

Seconded. Anyone caught drinking and driving should have a mandatory sentence to include a weeks worth of shifts in an ER or with an ambulance crew. F*ck around all you want with your life but how dare you put others at risk.