Roeder 8/1 to be first manager out.

Kevin Carr's Gloves

If we'd lost against Wigan he might be in some trouble, but our early games are mainly easy and as long as we get a few points he's here for a while I reckon.

Then again, if he repeats his past form of Gillingham, Watford, West Ham in the 2nd season......

Depending how the season goes, if its all going pear shaped, I think it will be Freddies head thats being called for this time...

189191[/snapback]

I fucking hope so

and YES I am in panic mode

If you look at it, Roeder has done the best he can with those players at his disposal. Christ we were looking at relegation at one point last season and had a great run. Someone has to be blamed for the poor manner in which we conduct our business. It was clear to see that we had a thin squad last season. It has further been weakened this season in one where we have European competition. Regardless of how good or bad the players that left were, they were players who had experience of first team football and could be called upon when we got injuries. Our injury record if nothing else should show that we needed more players.

If you look at it, Roeder has done the best he can with those players at his disposal. Christ we were looking at relegation at one point last season and had a great run. Someone has to be blamed for the poor manner in which we conduct our business. It was clear to see that we had a thin squad last season. It has further been weakened this season in one where we have European competition. Regardless of how good or bad the players that left were, they were players who had experience of first team football and could be called upon when we got injuries. Our injury record if nothing else should show that we needed more players.

189219[/snapback]

I'd prefer to substitute "responsible" for "blamed", but other than that - spot on

Depending how the season goes, if its all going pear shaped, I think it will be Freddies head thats being called for this time...

189191[/snapback]

Was thinking about this earlier, because it really has got to the stage where it's very apparent that we can't move on with this bloke in charge. It's got to the stage where he needs to be given the thumbs down in the same way Ellis was. And before anyone starts, yes I KNOW we've splashed £15m this summer, but it's easy to throw money about when you have attendances like ours. Having a long-term plan is something else entirely and we haven't had one for the last decade.

Any potential suitors would probably love it if we gave them a hand in chasing Freddy out. Having said that, I'm far too apathetic to get involved in any banner-making or anything like that.

189191[/snapback]

Was thinking about this earlier, because it really has got to the stage where it's very apparent that we can't move on with this bloke in charge.

189237[/snapback]

tbh I thought that when we sacked Robson.

189191[/snapback]

Was thinking about this earlier, because it really has got to the stage where it's very apparent that we can't move on with this bloke in charge.

189237[/snapback]

tbh I thought that when we sacked Robson.

189257[/snapback]

Same here tbh.

Roeder's biggest problem now, IMO, is that he's lost any credibility that he had and goodwill from last season. Both him and his sidekick wadsworth...errr Bond....appear clueless tactically based on the villa game.

Now he's blown the chance to put things right by having no transfer strategy at all. He should never have said that were in poll position for three players knowing that everybody expected Wayne Bridge to be one of them as soon as the cole deal went through. He also looks a right tit and can only expect derision from the fans with the signing of that useless, expendable knacker from citeh. Better no signing than sibierski.

Roeder had better hope that his nigerian midget can do the trick or else we can write this season off now. Looks like it's going to be a long winter unless we have no injuries and can play the same pool of 15 players or so for the entire season and they play out of their skins.

Roeder's biggest problem now, IMO, is that he's lost any credibility that he had and goodwill from last season.  Both him and his sidekick wadsworth...errr Bond....appear clueless tactically based on the villa game. 

Now he's blown the chance to put things right by having no transfer strategy at all. He should never have said that were in poll position for three players knowing that everybody expected Wayne Bridge to be one of them as soon as the cole deal went through. He also looks a right tit and can only expect derision from the fans with the signing of that useless, expendable knacker from citeh. Better no signing than sibierski.

Roeder had better hope that his nigerian midget can do the trick or else we can write this season off now. Looks like it's going to be a long winter unless we have no injuries and can play the same pool of 15 players or so for the entire season and they play out of their skins.

190818[/snapback]

The players will force roeder out by christmas if not sooner.

Roeder's biggest problem now, IMO, is that he's lost any credibility that he had and goodwill from last season.  Both him and his sidekick wadsworth...errr Bond....appear clueless tactically based on the villa game. 

190818[/snapback]

The players will force roeder out by christmas if not sooner.

190938[/snapback]

Which ones rule the roost do you reckon? James Milner?

189191[/snapback]

Was thinking about this earlier, because it really has got to the stage where it's very apparent that we can't move on with this bloke in charge. It's got to the stage where he needs to be given the thumbs down in the same way Ellis was. And before anyone starts, yes I KNOW we've splashed £15m this summer, but it's easy to throw money about when you have attendances like ours. Having a long-term plan is something else entirely and we haven't had one for the last decade.

Any potential suitors would probably love it if we gave them a hand in chasing Freddy out. Having said that, I'm far too apathetic to get involved in any banner-making or anything like that.

189237[/snapback]

Why's it easy Gemmill?

Of the teams chasing Chelsea there is only the dippers that have managed to shell out big money.

Man Utd have only been able to lay out 1/2 mill with gates much bigger.

Arsenal have only bought Rosicky (can't remeber the fee) but recouped 5 mill from the Gallas / Cole swap deal.

I don't think it's particularly easy for any club (Abramovich aside) to shell out 15 mill today.