fat fred wants shooting at midnight

Dr Gloom

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

honestly. i know we're desperate for a new striker but does anyone expect anything but a season of struggle if we go into september with carr, babba, taylor, ramage bramble and moore as our only first team defenders.

a] you're going to struggle with that crop of defenders because they're mostly shit

and

b] who ever went to a season with only 6 recognised defenders???

it's madness.

we need two new defenders minimum and time is ticking. why does the fat twat leave it until the last minute EVERY transfer window?

if we don't get more defenders in before tonight we're going to struggle and roeder will be the fall guy. anyone would think that he likes sacking and paying off managers two months into the new season.

188925[/snapback]

don't be stupid. We backed Souness to the hilt, selling players he shouldn't for peanuts, and buying players for big money, which a lot of people said we should do to "give him his own team".

Well, it failed. Those who said he should support Souness were wrong.

How much money exactly do you think we should throw at managers ? How many other clubs have thrown 16m quid this summer for starters ?

Roeder may well be the fall guy, but whoever we got would be paying the price for Souness's stupidity, and those who said we should back him and so agreed with Shepherd in that matter are just as stupid.

Long post by Leazesmag coming up, claiming that Villa wouldn't have signed Sibierski...

189659[/snapback]

Did you back Souness ? I think you should sit back and think about the fact that, if Souness hadn't sold Robert and Bellamy, and wasted 17m quid on Boumsong and Luque [who you support] our need to stay in the top positions of the premiership may not be so urgent.

Hm..."top positions of the premiership", chasing a european spot. Terrible isn't it. And spending only 16m quid this summer is truly the sign of a shite board .....

I don't need to make long posts about things like this. The stupidity of some people is explained far easier than that.

I really don't give a toss who Villa have bought. Do you ? If so, why ?

Long post by Leazesmag coming up, claiming that Villa wouldn't have signed Sibierski...

189659[/snapback]

Did you back Souness ? I think you should sit back and think about the fact that, if Souness hadn't sold Robert and Bellamy, and wasted 17m quid on Boumsong and Luque [who you support] our need to stay in the top positions of the premiership may not be so urgent.

Hm..."top positions of the premiership", chasing a european spot. Terrible isn't it. And spending only 16m quid this summer is truly the sign of a shite board .....

I don't need to make long posts about things like this. The stupidity of some people is explained far easier than that.

189677[/snapback]

Back him in what way? I was hugely against his appointment (a mistake by FS) but I also recognised that it would be a bigger mistake to sack him straight after the transfer window closed. I didn't send any emails to Freddie congratulating him though.

I do care who Villa have bought, yes. I care about all the players our rivals have bought. After all, we're competing with them, no?

EDIT: We've bought no fucking defenders man! I couldn't give a shit how much we've spent!

Don't blame the man who appointed and backed Souness, blame Souness himself!

189672[/snapback]

yep. Of course. People on here backed Souness, true or false.

He also sacked him. And also - who is the major shareholder ?

honestly. i know we're desperate for a new striker but does anyone expect anything but a season of struggle if we go into september with carr, babba, taylor, ramage bramble and moore as our only first team defenders.

a] you're going to struggle with that crop of defenders because they're mostly shit

and

it's madness.

we need two new defenders minimum and time is ticking. why does the fat twat leave it until the last minute EVERY transfer window?

if we don't get more defenders in before tonight we're going to struggle and roeder will be the fall guy. anyone would think that he likes sacking and paying off managers two months into the new season.

188925[/snapback]

don't be stupid. We backed Souness to the hilt, selling players he shouldn't for peanuts, and buying players for big money, which a lot of people said we should do to "give him his own team".

How much money exactly do you think we should throw at managers ? How many other clubs have thrown 16m quid this summer for starters ?

Roeder may well be the fall guy, but whoever we got would be paying the price for Souness's stupidity, and those who said we should back him and so agreed with Shepherd in that matter are just as stupid.

189661[/snapback]

i don't know how you can defend him after yet another farce.

the sad thing was how predictable it all was.

i think i predicted a couple of panic buys a few weeks back but i didn't imagine even shepherd could fuck it up this much.

no new defenders? antoine sibierksi?

you're having a laugh mate

Don't blame the man who appointed and backed Souness, blame Souness himself!

189672[/snapback]

yep. Of course. People on here backed Souness, true or false.

He also sacked him. And also - who is the major shareholder ?

189687[/snapback]

I didn't have the power to sack him. Sorry to break that to you.

189659[/snapback]

189677[/snapback]

Back him in what way? I was hugely against his appointment (a mistake by FS) but I also recognised that it would be a bigger mistake to sack him straight after the transfer window closed. I didn't send any emails to Freddie congratulating him though.

I do care who Villa have bought, yes. I care about all the players our rivals have bought. After all, we're competing with them, no?

EDIT: We've bought no fucking defenders man! I couldn't give a shit how much we've spent!

189684[/snapback]

It would not have been a mistake to have sacked him straight away. The day he assaulted Bellamy is the day he should have been sacked, if not the day he replaced him at Charlton where he made it clear his managership was going to be all about his ego rather than the best thing for the club. But there are people on here who said he should stay.

As I said, he told you that Boumsong was "a good player, and a leader". And people backed him, and Boumsong.

We have spent 16m quid this summer, on top of the massive amount last year. How many other clubs have done that ? Why exactly do you and others think this football club can continue spending so much money on every decent player that comes along ? Do you want us to buy every player that comes on the transfer market, or are you going to blame FF whenever any player goes anywhere else ?

A 12 year old could tell you we can't do that.

and

it's madness.

188925[/snapback]

189661[/snapback]

i think i predicted a couple of panic buys a few weeks back but i didn't imagine even shepherd could fuck it up this much.

189691[/snapback]

Defend who ?

For handing his managers another 16m quid ?

You don't have much idea do you. How much money do you think the club can get ? You're a fuckin wanker.

Edited by LeazesMag

189659[/snapback]

189677[/snapback]

189684[/snapback]

It would not have been a mistake to have sacked him straight away. The day he assaulted Bellamy is the day he should have been sacked, if not the day he replaced him at Charlton where he made it clear his managership was going to be all about his ego rather than the best thing for the club. But there are people on here who said he should stay.

As I said, he told you that Boumsong was "a good player, and a leader". And people backed him, and Boumsong.

We have spent 16m quid this summer, on top of the massive amount last year. How many other clubs have done that ? Why exactly do you and others think this football club can continue spending so much money on every decent player that comes along ? Do you want us to buy every player that comes on the transfer market, or are you going to blame FF whenever any player goes anywhere else ?

A 12 year old could tell you we can't do that.

189714[/snapback]

I blame Roeder too, don't worry.

We needed defenders, we've signed none. Souness' fault?

and

it's madness.

188925[/snapback]

189661[/snapback]

189691[/snapback]

Defend who ?

You don't have much idea do you

189717[/snapback]

running a club isn't about spending a fortune on players you don't need.

it's about budgeting money so that your manager is able to build a squad, not half a side of crocked or shite trophy signings.

i take it you're happy with our current defence and our new signing sibierksi?

and

it's madness.

188925[/snapback]

189661[/snapback]

189691[/snapback]

Defend who ?

You don't have much idea do you

189717[/snapback]

running a club isn't about spending a fortune on players you don't need.

it's about budgeting money so that your manager is able to build a squad, not half a side of crocked or shite trophy signings.

i take it you're happy with our current defence and our new signing sibierksi?

189721[/snapback]

you said it yourself, "the manager is able to build a squad"...if you are not happy with the signings this summer, why are you blaming Shepherd ?

Don't you think 16m quid is a canny bit of money, I think its a hell of a risk actually, after the Souness era.

As for "Trophy Signings" ... where did you get this cliche :rolleyes::( if you don't want trophy, quality signings, go and support the mackems or one of the shite teams, who don't make "trophy" or quality signings..... :lol: priceless. Talk about not having a mind of your own .... trotting out the current buzz word, dear me.

B)