can anyone see sibierski even getting a game?

Dr Gloom

This was so obviously the result of an "anyone going spare?" phonecall. I bet you even as late as 7pm last night, Antoine Sibierski hadn't even been mentioned by either Shepherd or Roeder. We've just spunked whatever transfer fee he cost, and whatever wages he'll cost away for no reason.

Although Willie McKay's probably pocketed a nice few quid, so it's not all bad.

With Owen out of sight, Shola crocked, Luque useless, perhaps Antoine(isn't that a nice name) could serve as a partner for Martins.

Anything would be better than persisting with Luque.

This was so obviously the result of an "anyone going spare?" phonecall.  I bet you even as late as 7pm last night, Antoine Sibierski hadn't even been mentioned by either Shepherd or Roeder.  We've just spunked whatever transfer fee he cost, and whatever wages he'll cost away for no reason.

189778[/snapback]

He's not represented by fucking McKay is he?

This was so obviously the result of an "anyone going spare?" phonecall.  I bet you even as late as 7pm last night, Antoine Sibierski hadn't even been mentioned by either Shepherd or Roeder.  We've just spunked whatever transfer fee he cost, and whatever wages he'll cost away for no reason.

189778[/snapback]

189949[/snapback]

yes :rolleyes:

Greetings from a City fan, i assume your all not impressed with him?

189959[/snapback]

It's more the fact that we needed to fill about 4 other positions as a matter of urgency, for me.

Honestly, I don't care if he can't hit the broad side of a barn. Can he bring down hoofed balls, can he hold the ball up?

Edited by ObaGol

189778[/snapback]

189949[/snapback]

Are you suprised? Seriously??

Greetings from a City fan, i assume your all not impressed with him?

189959[/snapback]

It's more the fact that we needed to fill about 4 other positions as a matter of urgency, for me.

Honestly, I don't care if he can'thit the broad side of a barn. Can he bring down hoofed balls, can he hold the ball up?

189962[/snapback]

Err, not really to be honest. Spends more time on his ass. The best i saw him play for us was when he played behind Anelka, Anelka was the lone striker. So it may work well with Martins. Everyone says he's good in the air but, he will probably score 1 in 6 or 7 headed attempts. He works very hard and is a model pro, but his general game is pretty poor.

Err, not really to be honest. Spends more time on his ass. The best i saw him play for us was when he played behind Anelka, Anelka was the lone striker. So it may work well with Martins. Everyone says he's good in the air but, he will probably score 1 in 6 or 7 headed attempts. He works very hard and is a model pro, but his general game is pretty poor.

189966[/snapback]

:rolleyes: We needed another one of those. As I expected, we're totally fucked. Partnered with Martins there'll be no one to bring down the inordinately large number of long balls being flung at them.

Cheers for the honest appraisal.

No problem, to be honest, i think it dependson how you play him. We never really played him in his "preffered" position cos it didnt suit our style of play, which was\is also pretty pants! However, if u have him behind Martins, it may work out i say.

He likes to take free kicks though, every one hits the wall so, dont get too excited as he lines up like he knows what he's doing.

He will graft, and put himself about, and get the odd goal, but still, he should be playing for someone like reading, watford, fulham, wigan etc.

No problem, to be honest, i think it dependson how you play him. We never really played him in his "preffered" position cos it didnt suit our style of play, which was\is also pretty pants! However, if u have him behind Martins, it may work out i say.

He likes to take free kicks though, every one hits the wall so, dont get too excited as he lines up like he knows what he's doing.

He will graft, and put himself about, and get the odd goal, but still, he should be playing for someone like reading, watford, fulham, wigan etc.

189980[/snapback]

Cheers for the info. The bit in bold made me chuckle.

189980[/snapback]

189983[/snapback]

lol, you'll know exactly what i mean when you see him take one.

189980[/snapback]

189983[/snapback]

Remind you of another Frenchman?

189980[/snapback]

Agreed. His free kicks and heading are piss poor in particular. Knew someone would mention the support striker thing as well before too long but in reality he's so wasteful that he's barely cover for Shola.

Haven't seen much of him, but it sounds like we've signed a poor mans Lee Bowyer.

As with every NUFC signing, I'm willing to give the lad a chance. Let's hope he has an Indian Summer in his career and produces the goods.

Who the fuck am I kidding?

189980[/snapback]

Seol's fine thankyou. :rolleyes: