Matthew Joseph Pattison

Alan O'Brien

Antoine Sibierski

Strikers

Albert Luque Martos

Obafemi Akinwunmi Martins

Foluwashola Ameobi

Giuseppe Rossi (until January)

Look at the state of that. 21 outfield players - one of whom is on loan, one of whom is Albert Luque and one of whom is Antoine Sibierski.

6 defenders who've played at senior level. Two injuries and we're down to 4 from 4. Three injuries and we don't have a back 4.

The strikers - I've excluded Owen because he's not getting a game this season. We're left with Luque, Shola - whose hip is fucked, Rossi until January, and Martins.

Midfield - we've got a load of those fuckers, which is why we signed Sibierski last night presumably. :(

"The transfer window doesn't close til the end of August. I know it's frustrating for the fans, but they have to trust us."

"I'm confident we can bring in the players before the transfer window closes."

"We are in pole position on several players. If we get them in before the end of the window, I'll be happy to go forward with this squad."

The result - Antoine Sibierski, who at tea time yesterday I very much doubt had even entered Roeder's mind as a possible signing. Beyond shambolic.

Never mind though, at least we can get the squad photo taken now. I would have hated to have had a squad photo without Sibierski on it.

By the way, our players have got some horrific middle names. :rolleyes:

It's beyond a joke, how incompetent can you get? If we were so skint, we shouldn't have blown £5m on Duff and/or gone for two or three Bosmans. Six defenders, one of whom is Peter Ramage - a recipe for disaster in every sense.

It's beyond a joke, how incompetent can you get? If we were so skint, we shouldn't have blown £5m on Duff and/or gone for two or three Bosmans. Six defenders, one of whom is Peter Ramage - a recipe for disaster in every sense.

189787[/snapback]

I think we certainly had more than £16m to spend but it seems they were afraid to spend it. If we were limited to £16m I don't think anyone who isn't completely mentally retarded would splurge it on just two players. I'll put this disaster of a transfer window down to incompetency rather than retardation thought it is a close call.

The fact that we needed to sell Milner to be able to afford Viduka immediately makes the Martins move look like a massive blunder for a start. I hope he works out here, but if you have £15m to divide up between the 5 or 6 signings that you need, spending £10m on one and £5m on another......well you don't need to be a maths genius to see where we've gone wrong. But I am and I do. :rolleyes:

I think it's a combination of the two, with both the manager and the chairman displaying healthy levels of each.

189791[/snapback]

The Milner saga can only prove we didn't have cash, can't it? Although why the fuck I'm trying to apply logic to this situation, I don't know, that's what gave me false hope in the first place. :rolleyes:

The fact that we needed to sell Milner to be able to afford Viduka immediately makes the Martins move look like a massive blunder for a start.  I hope he works out here, but if you have £15m to divide up between the 5 or 6 signings that you need, spending £10m on one and £5m on another......well you don't need to be a maths genius to see where we've gone wrong.  But I am and I do. :rolleyes:

189794[/snapback]

THAT WE DON'T NEED.

Just to put that bit totally in perspective...

In hindsight, its clear insanity to have spunked £10m on Martins, as much as I rate the lad, I'd rather have seen us buy 5 players at £2m then to have bought him, after yesterday's events.

In hindsight, its clear insanity to have spunked £10m on Martins, as much as I rate the lad, I'd rather have seen us buy 5 players at £2m then to have bought him, after yesterday's events.

189799[/snapback]

Or we could have signed an England international CB for nothing. If money was so tight then why the fuck weren't we in there for him? I suppose we "stood aside" again. Fuck the people in charge are really starting to piss me off.

It defies the imagination.............and yet isn't it typically the Magpie syndrome or sickness if you will.

Don't know how much Antoine cost us but we probably could have had Jimmy for nowt, and they're both getting on a bit

More than likely we could have got Sol for nowt albeit a healthy wage packet.

A little extra might have even got us Dirk, he's going to have competition for place at Liverpool.

When you look at the transfer market, you see that other teams seem to have been bringing in defenders & strikers without much problem and it makes you wonder how & why.

Bottom line; another cock-up at Newcastle which has to be expected and we shouldn't ever get carried away with hope.

Fucking joke this. Not heard any of the press up there yet but wait for club apologists to peddle the 'Sibierski can be played as a support striker role' when we're on the bones of our arse for 'proper' strikers.

relegation standard defence, that.

Let's hope sibbo can get the goals to keep us out of the mire.

189810[/snapback]

FACT-O-BISMOL!

...and truth be told, a relegation standard forward line assuming that Owen is out for 2/3's season. Albert Luque Marcos I just can't take seriously anymore I'm afraid.

I know this has been said time and time again but some serious fucking questions need to be answered:

1. Were the players who we were in 'pole position' for the one's we've actually got?

2. What the fuck was the whole Milner episode about?

3. Do they seriously expect us to be happy with what they've achieved?

4. When's this takeover happening? (Not soon enough).

I'm willing to bet that there is no press conference to introduce Sibierski, not because the lad is a virtual unknown, but for the fact that Fred and Glenn will be put in an uncomfortable position by the media's questions.

With the exception of perhaps the window when we got Woodgate from Leeds, I've generally felt disappointed at the end of each transfer window. This time I feel fucking angry! :( Like a mug I was hoping to wake up this morning and hear that Arsenal completed the Cole signing and as a result, loaned Bridge to us.....

We'll at least half of that came true :lol:

Did Huth stay at the Bridge in the end? :rolleyes: