Should Newcastle United

LeazesMag

buy EVERY player who EVER comes on the transfer market, irrespecitve of cost, whether termed a "trophy" player, or not a "trophy" player, or the financial situation at the club ?

Do we have unlimited funds ?

Is it the boards fault that we don't have unlimited funds, assuming you think we haven't ?

Discuss.

Edited by LeazesMag

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm willing to agree with Gemmill's theory that we did a 'ring-around' last night to see who was available.

No-one is gonna convince me that Sibierski was one of the targets Glenn was in 'pole-position' for

:rolleyes:

Yeah because thats what everyone is suggesting isnt it Straw man

What I woudl prefer is to spend our budget wisely. Address the problem areas. Take advantage of free's and loan deals if nescessary. It isnt about spending 20 mill its about what that 20 mill is spent on

Isnt that what you want?

Edited by luckypierre

I'm willing to agree with Gemmill's theory that we did a 'ring-around' last night to see who was available.

No-one is gonna convince me that Sibierski was one of the targets Glenn was in 'pole-position' for

189822[/snapback]

possibly not, but with a smalll squad, and having already shelled out 15-16m quid.

Thats the point. We knew, or should have done, that the Souness legacy was this, or at least some of us said so. We would be better off if Bellamy and Robert were still here, agreed ? And considering he wanted them out so desperately we got 4m quid for the 2 of them, who can possibly defend THAT ?

How the fuck can this possibly be blamed on Souness?? Seriously?

He left this club 7 months ago. If he's to be blamed for matters that have occurred in the last few days then you can only conceed that the business has been poorly managed in the interim.

Bellamy I will agree would have improved things if he had still been here, can't say the same for Robert though - Duff is 3 times the player Robert is and 100% more committed.

189822[/snapback]

possibly not, but with a smalll squad, and having already shelled out 15-16m quid.

Thats the point. We knew, or should have done, that the Souness legacy was this, or at least some of us said so. We would be better off if Bellamy and Robert were still here, agreed ? And considering he wanted them out so desperately we got 4m quid for the 2 of them, who can possibly defend THAT ?

189826[/snapback]

groundhogday.jpg

:rolleyes: Jesus wept!

189822[/snapback]

189826[/snapback]

You do understand the Chairmen has to OK all sales right. Souness didn't do it behind the fat ones back.

189822[/snapback]

Thats the point.

189826[/snapback]

That's exactly the point ffs. With a small squad, we shouldn't have shelled out 15m quid on two players in the knowledge that it left us brassic. And before you blame Roeder, if he's too stupid to realise that, then it's up to Shepherd as his boss to point that out to him. Are you fucking getting this yet for christ's sake??

I can't believe you're harking back to Souness, Robert and Bellamy all of the while failing to accept the role that Shepherd has played in all of this. HE HAS PRESIDED OVER ALL OF THESE COCK-UPS. HELLO?? IS THIS GETTING THROUGH YOUR HEAD YET??? :rolleyes:

I agree that we cannot complain about the amount spend from a financial point of view.

BUT, tell me this.

Why let Boumsong go with no cover coming in when we also let Elliot go?

Why let Chopra go when we were so short up front?

Why not bring in someone like Hasslebaink who fit our financial scenario?

If Butt is back in from the cold, he will fill the void (?) left by Faye - why bring this guy from city in? why why why why?

I am not banging on saying we should have bought this player and that - but that our thin squad last season just got smaller and what we needed to strengthen has barley been touched.

Hasselbaink and Campbell both free. Trabelsi - was he free?

These are the sort of players that your eyes should be lighting up at when they become available if you want to spend your £15m on two players. Hasselbaink and Campbell are pretty much as much as you could hope for in free transfers. But no, we didn't even want to know.

I've lost a hell of a lot of faith in Roeder over all of this.

The reason I think he didnt go for them was age. I seem to recall at the time something about wanting to lower the average squad age.

How old is the bloke from city again?

:rolleyes:

The reason I think he didnt go for them was age.  I seem to recall at the time something about wanting to lower the average squad age.

How old is the bloke from city again?

:(

189862[/snapback]

He's not 32, he's actually 23! 'Rodders' Roeder has checked it out, as he did with Martins, and all is well age-wise :rolleyes:

We obviously just don't have the pulling power anymore, we're the football club version of the fat smelly mong who stands in the corner of the bar constantly wiping sweat off his gogs.

Two main issues here imo;

1) Our transfer balls ups have coincided with little Kenny Shepherd being given the lead to negotiate deals. The lad is obviously shit at it tbf.

2) Our relationship with Willy McKay has seen us bring in shite after shite signing. We need to cut off ties with the bloke, who seems to be getting paid millions by NUFC to peddle us shit.

Well the Beeb were wetting themselves yesterday - they were all geared up for "manic activity" and by 16:30 they were reduced to puffing as "major signings" nonentites off the bench

Aye same age as Campbell.  Only he plays in completely the wrong position.  Slow clap for Roeder.

189863[/snapback]

It's ridiculous how many times Roeder had to eat his words.

Only going for proven players in the Premierleague and not gamble on some fancy dan foreigners - blowing 10m on a 21-28 year old Nigerian from Italy

Reducing the average age of the squad - signing Sibierski

Nurturing young English players - trying to get rid of Milner in the last minute

Being in the pole position for a couple of players - coming up with Mister Rossi and Sibierski

Leazes being a tad blinkered for a change. :rolleyes: Look at where we needed strengthening, i.e. defence. Campbell was available and willing to come apparently. Bridge may have been had we acted sooner. Sorin has gone to Hamburg for not very much, Trabelsi has gone to Man City on a pay as you play deal. That's just off the top of my head. We could have potentially gotten 3 of those 4 for around the £3million mark.

We all thought pole position was a formula one reference, in hindsight what he actually meant was, we're getting shafted.

189891[/snapback]

Pole position = Bent over, with a pole inserted.

189895[/snapback]

Same thing? :rolleyes: