Should Newcastle United

LeazesMag

You won't blame a board for bringing in big name managers who fail, but you'll blame a manager for bringing in big name players who also fail?

That's not hypocritical?

190866[/snapback]

Bump for LM

190921[/snapback]

There are reasons why Dalglish and Gullit "failed", which were their own responsibility. They have both praised the board and admitted they were given every support they could have wanted. Do you purposely ignore this ?

And - just think on FA Cup Final day - twice - under these managers, 90 other sets of supporters would have swapped places with us, yet you call it "failure".

The ironic thing - is Martin O'Neill has never reached an FA Cup Final, yet is deemed to be a "big manager".

190922[/snapback]

Answer the question fuckwit :nufc:

190929[/snapback]

I've answered all your questions, you don't answer mine so fuck off yourself yer daft cunt

190945[/snapback]

Did I tell you to fuck off like?

What would you like me to answer?

190951[/snapback]

I divvent knaa, you keep ignoring stuff and repeating the same thing ie Shepherd appointed Souness. I know he did. I have said this hundreds of times, I know it was a mistake, I accept people make mistakes, unlike some people.

Fuckwit.

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just so we dont get too many quotes...

Leazes, you say that Souness should have been sacked for thumping Bellamy. Correct?

Surely Bellamy wouldnt have been at the club to thump if we use your criteria?

Assualt on other members of management isnt acceptable in any form either is it?

Agreed?

Who was it who put the player code of conduct together and put him on a final warning? Freddie Shepherd!

190933[/snapback]

Name me the chairman of Newcastle who have presided over better league positions ? How many ?

So far as I am concerned, Craig Bellamy could have attacked Souness with a rusty pickaxe, and in fact he should have hit him back with one

If you refer to the incident with Carver, you should explain yourself clearly, if you have a brain that is.

Carver himself brushed it off, so why should you be bothered ? Clearly he had the club more at heart than his own ego, unlike Souness. Are you defending Souness ? And who are you ?

190952[/snapback]

Sorry, i had assumed, wrongly, that you could think.

Arent you the little General!

Not defending Souness but amused about how you cant see that one thing is exactly the same as the other. Shepherd (your hero) didnt brush it off did he? He gave him another warning. Apparently Shepherd (your hero) condoned the belting of Bellamy though (cant imagine why, can you?)

So was Shepherd wrong then?

Or You?

You really are coming across very badly in this thread.

Its amusing though.

Nb: The benchmark for a club of Newcastles size is to have won something and done something respectable league wise. Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea (pre-Abromovitch), even Tottenham have managed that more successfully in recent years. We had 2 decent seasons and one where we got 5th with a very similar points total as we got this year. His handling of Bobby after that was a disgrace - he needed to replace him and instead pissed him about. Bad management whichever way you look at it.

Its better than McKeag or Seymour or Westwood but what mong wants to benchmark success against those dark days?

I expect better.

Edited by gram

Leazes, you say that Souness should have been sacked for thumping Bellamy. Correct?

Assualt on other members of management isnt acceptable in any form either is it?

Agreed?

Who was it who put the player code of conduct together and put him on a final warning? Freddie Shepherd!

190933[/snapback]

Name me the chairman of Newcastle who have presided over better league positions ? How many ?

So far as I am concerned, Craig Bellamy could have attacked Souness with a rusty pickaxe, and in fact he should have hit him back with one

If you refer to the incident with Carver, you should explain yourself clearly, if you have a brain that is.

Carver himself brushed it off, so why should you be bothered ? Clearly he had the club more at heart than his own ego, unlike Souness. Are you defending Souness ? And who are you ?

190952[/snapback]

Not defending Souness but amused about how you cant see that one thing is exactly the same as the other. Shepherd (your hero) didnt brush it off did he? He gave him another warning. Apparently Shepherd (your hero) condoned the belting of Bellamy though (cant imagine why, can you?)

Or You?

Its amusing though.

Nb: The benchmark for a club of Newcastles size is to have won something and done something respectable league wise. Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea (pre-Abromovitch), even Tottenham have managed that more successfully in recent years. We had 2 decent seasons and one where we got 5th with a very similar points total as we got this year. His handling of Bobby after that was a disgrace - he needed to replace him and instead pissed him about. Bad management whichever way you look at it.

Its better than McKeag or Seymour or Westwood but what mong wants to benchmark success against those dark days?

I expect better.

190962[/snapback]

If you think Spurs have been better than us over the last decade - having qualified for europe once against our 7 - then you are a sad man. And wrong. Even the spurs fan on NO admits this.

Why not answer my question. Why dispute the fact that our old directors ran the same club with the same potential weren't in the same league - literally - as the current people. Why is this ?

And using such daft childish assertions as "your hero" etc make any point you might make meaningless. How long have you supported the club ? Do you really know what "mediocre" is ? I suspect not, if you think we have been mediocre I dread to think what the 86 clubs below us over the last decade must feel.

Clearly I didn't miss too much informative info during the time I was absent from here, whoever you were before. Thanks for your time.

:nufc:

Edited by LeazesMag

Agreed?

190933[/snapback]

190952[/snapback]

Or You?

Its amusing though.

I expect better.

190962[/snapback]

If you think Spurs have been better than us over the last decade - having qualified for europe once against our 7 - then you are a sad man. And wrong. Even the spurs fan on NO admits this.

Why not answer my question. Why dispute the fact that our old directors ran the same club with the same potential weren't in the same league - literally - as the current people. Why is this ?

And using such daft childish assertions as "your hero" etc make any point you might make meaningless. How long have you supported the club ? Do you really know what "mediocre" is ? I suspect not, if you think we have been mediocre I dread to think what the 86 clubs below us over the last decade must feel.

Clearly I didn't miss too much informative info during the time I was absent from here, whoever you were before. Thanks for your time.

190966[/snapback]

BRILLIANT. Almost the perfect Leazes riposte.

It has:

Hypocrisy.

Failure to understand basic English - e.g. to acknowledge that teams such as Spurs have been better recently and look like they are managed (as well as having won something in the last 10 years).

Insults.

Mystic Meg guesses about how long I have supported or watched the team.

Avoidance of the very obvious question asked.(a very common one)

Fictional and frankly embarrassing nonsense about our league placing.

Candy from a baby. Been fishing for it too.

Could have done with a bit more 'Freddie is my hero' stuff but you cant have it all.

Cheers for that <_<

Agreed?

190933[/snapback]

190952[/snapback]

Or You?

Its amusing though.

I expect better.

190962[/snapback]

190966[/snapback]

It has:

Hypocrisy.

Failure to understand basic English - e.g. to acknowledge that teams such as Spurs have been better recently and look like they are managed (as well as having won something in the last 10 years).

Insults.

Could have done with a bit more 'Freddie is my hero' stuff but you cant have it all.

Cheers for that <_<

190985[/snapback]

my....he won't tell us who he used to be :(

Or how long he has supported the club. Why not ?

I don't do fishing, but just tell me how long you have supported the club and who you used to be, or won't you tell me because I slaughtered your argument and knowledge of the club before ? Which I would do again ....

Are you a Souness supporter, or an anti Bellamy ? Do you stupidly believe that a shit board runs the club to the tune where it can provide 60m quid for their managers in 2 years ??????? ;);):angry:

I'll say thanks for your time again, because I don't expect you to be honest enough to give the answers I'm asking for.

Agreed?

190933[/snapback]

190952[/snapback]

Or You?

Its amusing though.

I expect better.

190962[/snapback]

190966[/snapback]

It has:

Hypocrisy.

Insults.

Cheers for that <_<

190985[/snapback]

I don't do fishing, but just tell me how long you have supported the club and who you used to be, or won't you tell me because I slaughtered your argument and knowledge of the club before ? Which I would do again ....

Are you a Souness supporter, or an anti Bellamy ? Do you stupidly believe that a shit board runs the club to the tune where it can provide 60m quid for their managers in 2 years ??????? ;);):angry:

I'll say thanks for your time again, because I don't expect you to be honest enough to give the answers I'm asking for.

191001[/snapback]

:angry: Candy from a baby.

Agreed?

190933[/snapback]

190952[/snapback]

Or You?

Its amusing though.

I expect better.

190962[/snapback]

<_<

190966[/snapback]

It has:

Hypocrisy.

Insults.

Cheers for that :(

190985[/snapback]

my....he won't tell us who he used to be ;)

Are you a Souness supporter, or an anti Bellamy ? Do you stupidly believe that a shit board runs the club to the tune where it can provide 60m quid for their managers in 2 years ??????? ;):angry::angry:

191001[/snapback]

:blush: Candy from a baby.

191003[/snapback]

:blush:

silly boy can't answer questions like an adult.

We obviously just don't have the pulling power anymore, we're the football club version of the fat smelly mong who stands in the corner of the bar constantly wiping sweat off his gogs.

Two main issues here imo;

1) Our transfer balls ups have coincided with little Kenny Shepherd being given the lead to negotiate deals. The lad is obviously shit at it tbf.

2) Our relationship with Willy McKay has seen us bring in shite after shite signing. We need to cut off ties with the bloke, who seems to be getting paid millions by NUFC to peddle us shit.

189884[/snapback]

stupidest post so far.

190618[/snapback]

Seems pretty astute to me. Certainly other clubs have got fees we can only dream of. Cygan went for £2m apparently :nufc:

The Willie McKay thing stinks to high heaven

190633[/snapback]

If there was any astute views in there, I would agree, and if there was - which there isn't - I would still say it is stupidly written.

190683[/snapback]

Could it be that Leazes is Willie McKay? or even more possibly young Kenny Shep? stay tuned folks for another exciting installment of "It was Souness not me dad that killed this club!"

Agreed?

190933[/snapback]

190952[/snapback]

Or You?

Its amusing though.

I expect better.

190962[/snapback]

190966[/snapback]

It has:

Hypocrisy.

Insults.

Cheers for that <_<

190985[/snapback]

191001[/snapback]

Seriously, why does that bit in bold matter?

Leazes you seem to have this belief that the longer you've supported this club, the better your opinion - in reality it's not the case at all and can be argued the other way.

Because you've been subjected to the shite served up by Westwood, Seymour and McKeag, your views on Shepherd are rosy by comparison whereas those who weren't see Shepherd for what he actually is.

I've followed this club for 23 years, I remember the Seymour & McKeag years and didn't like them one bit. However I cannot agree that bollocks served up by Shepherd is acceptable. What's more, my opinion is no more important or better than someone who's only been following the club for 10 years or so!

Sorry I have to disagree there. Those of us that supported the club in the pre Keegan era with the crowds that Man City always slag us off for can comment based upon that length of experience.

There are a lot of fans who only appeared later whether it was because of football becoming more popular, Keegan or the expansion of the stadium. Some of those fans know a great deal about the game, the club and its history but many of them (including a lot I work with) haven't got a clue and simply seem to go because it sounds trendy to say they have a season ticket when they would never have been seen dead at a match with nasty hooligans (not that I saw many of them either home or away) in the 80's.

What often gets overlooked by people making comments like this is that the majority of the people who have started following the club post 1992, are those who weren't old enough to go to games before that.

It's 14 years ago now, even those who are 20 now were only 6 when Keegan became manager - how can it possibly be their fault that they didn't witness the 80s?? :nufc:

I, thankfully, was too young to witness the atrocious shite that Bill McGarry's teams served up in the late 70s/early 80s, but I've read/watched enough about them to appreciate how shit things were - does that make me any less of a fan than those who had a season ticket back then? (I was 3 when McGarry was sacked BTW).

Sorry I have to disagree there. Those of us that supported the club in the pre Keegan era with the crowds that Man City always slag us off for can comment based upon that length of experience.

There are a lot of fans who only appeared later whether it was because of football becoming more popular, Keegan or the expansion of the stadium. Some of those fans know a great deal about the game, the club and its history but many of them (including a lot I work with) haven't got a clue and simply seem to go because it sounds trendy to say they have a season ticket when they would never have been seen dead at a match with nasty hooligans (not that I saw many of them either home or away) in the 80's.

191058[/snapback]

Lots has changed.

Different atmosphere at football pre-Keegan. Pre-SKY, pre- all-seater.

It sounds like a myth that people would piss and puke to get spaces in the Gallowgate or old Leazes but it happened. If you havent experienced the Gallowgate bogs in full flow and I mean that quite literally then youre lucky. The portaloos used to empty into a 4 inch puddle around your ankles at times in the West Stand/Milburn when it was being developed and the team really were abysmal.

Similarlarly most of the players then were English. The decent English players have been replaced by better from abroad and the likes of Stephen Sidwell woud have been much better known in those days than he is now. The league is quite obviously stronger now. There were more players from the prem at the world cup this year (and many from the better teams) than then despite Scotland having played. It was something approaching 100 iirc (and as I say, the majority were with top teams)

Of course there were some exceptionally good players but no

Thierry Henry or Shevcheno or outsanding foreign young players like Ronaldo in the league then. Liverpool in 1988 were lght years ahed of everyone in this league and still got hammered 5-0 in a game with Madrid (obviously not competitive as they were banned but there was shock that it had been so comprehensive as they felt they had a point to prove).

It has changed dramatically. Particularly, on the pitch between 1996 and now when teams could literally pick 11 foreigners. Its just made the league stronger by a country mile.

I guess it gives a little more perspective if you saw those times.

However, in the end we are playing NOW and as such all we have to compare ourselves with are other teams playing with the same rules.

Certainly Newcasltes first team now would beat the best team of the 80s.

I wouldn't disagree that a lot of the younger fans are there for the football. As I said, a lot of the more recent fans do know about the game. However, there are plenty of people who are in their 30's or 40's who would never have gone to a match in the 80's and despite being season ticket holders seem to know very little about what is going on and anything they claim to know comes from Alan Oliver. They seem to regard the purchase of a season ticket as something which makes them "working class" or one of the poeple in the same way that all celebrities now claim to be fans. The pretending not to be prawn sandwich brigade.

What's the consensus on N-O? Is HTT planning a mass uprising with banners, German flags with the words 'Freddy Out' painted on and beach towels?

190751[/snapback]

and you are ?

190838[/snapback]

are you shy ?

190920[/snapback]

Course I am, that's why i've knocked every argument you've thrown at me out of the park :nufc:

Leazes, the crux of your argument seems to be that very few chairmen have been at the helm of the club when in this high position whether it be now or in the past. What you fail to mention is that Freddy didn't build the club up to this position. He took over from Sir John Hall after he'd done all the leg work turning this club into something and Fat Fred since presided over farce after farce after farce and is very slowly but surely dragging this club down. That my friend is a FACT!

Edited by Ted Maul

I wouldn't disagree that a lot of the younger fans are there for the football. As I said, a lot of the more recent fans do know about the game. However, there are plenty of people who are in their 30's or 40's who would never have gone to a match in the 80's and despite being season ticket holders seem to know very little about what is going on and anything they claim to know comes from Alan Oliver. They seem to regard the purchase of a season ticket as something which makes them "working class" or one of the poeple in the same way that all celebrities now claim to be fans. The pretending not to be prawn sandwich brigade.

191079[/snapback]

the kind of people who believe Oliver tend to be those thick Geordie working class* people who've had a season ticket for 20 odd years, the sort who gave Shearer 8/10 regardless. The prawn sandwich brigade havent heard of Oliver and dont read the Chronicle

* definitely not trying to say all Geordies are thick or all working class etc etc ..salt of the earth really

191079[/snapback]

So basically your problem is with people who know fuck all, regardless of how long they have been going to the match?

As this thread demonstrates, it is also possible to be a person who has gone to the match for decades and still posess crassly stupid opinions about the running of this club.

191079[/snapback]

So basically your problem is with people who know fuck all, regardless of how long they have been going to the match?

As this thread demonstrates, it is also possible to be a person who has gone to the match for decades and still posess crassly stupid opinions about the running of this club.

191250[/snapback]

:nufc: Spot on. As LM is always so keen to inform us, he's been going since Jesus was a nipper, but he more than anyone else talks utter shit about the mismanagement at the club.

"It's not as bad as it used to be" when you're comparing it to a totally different brand of mismanagement is not an acceptable excuse to anyone but the dimwitted.

:nufc: Spot on. As LM is always so keen to inform us, he's been going since Jesus was a nipper, but he more than anyone else talks utter shit about the mismanagement at the club.

"It's not as bad as it used to be" when you're comparing it to a totally different brand of mismanagement is not an acceptable excuse to anyone but the dimwitted.

191257[/snapback]

Incompetence is still incompetence irrespective of era, and fuck me are we incompetent.

I would go so far as to say it is worse now than ever, and I've been going since Jesus was still swimming around in Gabriel's balls

Agreed?

190933[/snapback]

190952[/snapback]

Or You?

Its amusing though.

I expect better.

190962[/snapback]

190966[/snapback]

It has:

Hypocrisy.

Insults.

Cheers for that <_<

190985[/snapback]

191001[/snapback]

Seriously, why does that bit in bold matter?

Leazes you seem to have this belief that the longer you've supported this club, the better your opinion - in reality it's not the case at all and can be argued the other way.

Because you've been subjected to the shite served up by Westwood, Seymour and McKeag, your views on Shepherd are rosy by comparison whereas those who weren't see Shepherd for what he actually is.

I've followed this club for 23 years, I remember the Seymour & McKeag years and didn't like them one bit. However I cannot agree that bollocks served up by Shepherd is acceptable. What's more, my opinion is no more important or better than someone who's only been following the club for 10 years or so!

191047[/snapback]

YOU compare them to Liverpool for instance, and in comparison make out they are shite, and I compare them to our old directors and dozens of others that they have overtaken to say they are not shite.

Whats the difference ?

The truth is in the middle, and the truth is that only 4 clubs have done better than us in terms of qualifying for europe and average league position over the last decade. Now that is fact, and its the truth, it might not fit in with the fact you want to criticise whatever they do whenever you can, but face it. Its the truth. I have absolutely no idea if they are the best people to make us the biggest club on the planet - well no they aren't - but do you see people on the horizon who have the desire and capability to do better ? No, neither do I. And like it or not again, as only a few clubs have done better than us, and we have came a long way since they took over, that proves replacing with better will be far from easy.

As for my question, there is absolutely no reason he won't answer. His experience mirrors his knowledge and understanding of the club.

191079[/snapback]

191250[/snapback]

191257[/snapback]

Shame Gem, but I am not an accountant, and I could see that Souness was getting it all wrong and fucking up the clubs finances in terms of his football mismanagement.

Leazes man, it's only 3 or 4 years ago Liverpool were on a par with us, now they're fucking streets ahead of us.

10 years ago, we were streets ahead of them!

Answer me this, who's been our chairman through that period of decline?

191079[/snapback]

191250[/snapback]

191257[/snapback]

Shame Gem, but I am not an accountant, and I could see that Souness was getting it all wrong and fucking up the clubs finances in terms of his football mismanagement.

191303[/snapback]

SHEPHERD IS THE CHAIRMAN YOU UTTER SPASTIC. HE IS THE ONE CONTROLLING THE FINANCES. HOW IS THIS SO DIFFICULT FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND YOU QUADRASPAZZED CLUTZ.

Apologies for the abuse but I can't be arsed to try and argue with you because you talk such mind-numbing shit all the time.