Should Newcastle United

LeazesMag

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There was a poster on N-O called NE5 who was arguing in favour increased speculative spending in order to propel NUFC back into the top 4. He was quite vitriolic to a poster called Melanchronic who favoured a more restrained approach to transfer spending so as not to risk the clubs financial position. I believe NE5 called him a ´Bean counter' and accused him of lacking ambition.

There was a poster on N-O called NE5 who was arguing in favour increased speculative spending in order to propel NUFC back into the top 4. He was quite vitriolic to a poster called Melanchronic who favoured a more restrained approach to transfer spending so as not to risk the clubs financial position. I believe NE5 called him a ´Bean counter' and accused him of lacking ambition.

191399[/snapback]

NE5 = Leazes Mag. Same person.

191399[/snapback]

NE5 = Leazes Mag. Same person.

191404[/snapback]

Do you think? :blink:

191399[/snapback]

I believe that you wouldn't find such comments, as I believe NE5 is one of the people who actually advocates the club is careful with money and spends it well, on quality players, rather than the many people who think we can go out and buy half a team every summer and if we don't then the club is shite...the ironic point being that the same people who think the board is shite then expect them to buy half a team every summer.

Are you someone else who has changed their name because they have been proven wrong or something ie you supported Souness and wanted rid of Bellamy, or said Kluivert and Luque would be fantastic etc etc ?

What's the consensus on N-O? Is HTT planning a mass uprising with banners, German flags with the words 'Freddy Out' painted on and beach towels?

190751[/snapback]

and you are ?

190838[/snapback]

are you shy ?

190920[/snapback]

Course I am, that's why i've knocked every argument you've thrown at me out of the park :blink:

Leazes, the crux of your argument seems to be that very few chairmen have been at the helm of the club when in this high position whether it be now or in the past. What you fail to mention is that Freddy didn't build the club up to this position. He took over from Sir John Hall after he'd done all the leg work turning this club into something and Fat Fred since presided over farce after farce after farce and is very slowly but surely dragging this club down. That my friend is a FACT!

191084[/snapback]

And did you say this when we were winning in Rotterdam ?

And last season, we actually moved back up from 14th to 7th, after they realised and admitted their mistake, and found the money to take action ? And that my friend is a FACT.

We were indeed 2nd under Sir John when he left. Nobody is saying Shepherd is better than what SJH was, certainly not me. But another FACT is that under the current board and chairman, we have - for the first time in over 50 years - finished in the top 5 of the top league for 3 successive seasons. That is a FACT.

We have developed the ground in the last decade, this is going forward in that respect. FACT. We have opened a new training complex and academy, this is going forward. FACT.

If you are going to persist in your notion that we have gone backwards since finishing 2nd - why do you think anyone has a divine right to stay 2nd forever ?

And would you also say that the Arsenal board have gone backwards since they won the league so they must be shite ? Are you going to say the manu board are now shite because they have gone backwards since winning the European Cup ?

Because like it or not my friend, Shepherd was a major board member when we last finished 2nd in the league and is STILL not the major controlling shareholder, just like now, and that is also a FACT. The club is STILL run by essentially the SAME BOARD. FACT.

191360[/snapback]

Thats a weak argument to be fair.

10 years ago the Liverpool and Arsenal were behind us. We lost momentum and have never recovered. Whose responsbility is it to renew the momentum we lost?

We all know the history since 1996 as thats when everyone but you started going so dont bother with the 'did you think Dalglish was a good move stuff?'

The chairman? How? By employing the right people? Is Glen Roeder the man for it? Or was Graeme Souness?

Who employed them?

Please dont peddle an answer to a totally different question. This is the bit I want answering.

Do you agree with the bits in bold?

The night in Rotterdam was fun but what did it prove? That we couldnt cut it earlier on? Or later on. We redeemed ourselves that night for earlier errors and it was exciting. However, its highly unlikely that Liverpool fans would settle for it and where were they 4 years ago ar 10 years ago?

Do you think Liverpool fans would rabbit on about a game that was a first qualifying group game like they had won a cup? It s step up for us but if that is the limit then we are screwed. Sadly we look highly unlikely to see it again in the near future and who is ultimately responsible for that? (i.e. Who employed and threw money at a shite manager?)

Liverpool realised that they had fucked up and did something about it. Us? We employed Glen Roeder and built some lovely dressing rooms that are apparently 5 star. Just what the fans want :blink:

191399[/snapback]

I believe that you wouldn't find such comments, as I believe NE5 is one of the people who actually advocates the club is careful with money and spends it well, on quality players, rather than the many people who think we can go out and buy half a team every summer and if we don't then the club is shite...the ironic point being that the same people who think the board is shite then expect them to buy half a team every summer.

Are you someone else who has changed their name because they have been proven wrong or something ie you supported Souness and wanted rid of Bellamy, or said Kluivert and Luque would be fantastic etc etc ?

191417[/snapback]

I'm just who i am, don't see the relevance actually. You seem to be someone struggling to find a stable opinion though.

Fucking cracks me up the way Leazes talks about NE5 as if he's another person :blink:

There's a cuckoo's nest down there somewhere with your name on it! :blink:

191465[/snapback]

Only wankers talk about themselves in the 3rd person FACT

Sima is disgruntled at this thread.

Fucking cracks me up the way Leazes talks about NE5 as if he's another person :blink:

There's a cuckoo's nest down there somewhere with your name on it! :blink:

191465[/snapback]

wot you on about ?

I am banned on NO. Look at the members list, you will see my name but I can't use it

There's a cuckoo's nest down there somewhere with your name on it! :blush:

191465[/snapback]

wot you on about ?

I am banned on NO. Look at the members list, you will see my name but I can't use it

191681[/snapback]

Leazes Mag might be banned, but NE5 isn't..... :blink:

What's the consensus on N-O? Is HTT planning a mass uprising with banners, German flags with the words 'Freddy Out' painted on and beach towels?

190751[/snapback]

and you are ?

190838[/snapback]

are you shy ?

190920[/snapback]

Course I am, that's why i've knocked every argument you've thrown at me out of the park :blink:

Leazes, the crux of your argument seems to be that very few chairmen have been at the helm of the club when in this high position whether it be now or in the past. What you fail to mention is that Freddy didn't build the club up to this position. He took over from Sir John Hall after he'd done all the leg work turning this club into something and Fat Fred since presided over farce after farce after farce and is very slowly but surely dragging this club down. That my friend is a FACT!

191084[/snapback]

And did you say this when we were winning in Rotterdam ?

And last season, we actually moved back up from 14th to 7th, after they realised and admitted their mistake, and found the money to take action ? And that my friend is a FACT.

We were indeed 2nd under Sir John when he left. Nobody is saying Shepherd is better than what SJH was, certainly not me. But another FACT is that under the current board and chairman, we have - for the first time in over 50 years - finished in the top 5 of the top league for 3 successive seasons. That is a FACT.

We have developed the ground in the last decade, this is going forward in that respect. FACT. We have opened a new training complex and academy, this is going forward. FACT.

If you are going to persist in your notion that we have gone backwards since finishing 2nd - why do you think anyone has a divine right to stay 2nd forever ?

And would you also say that the Arsenal board have gone backwards since they won the league so they must be shite ? Are you going to say the manu board are now shite because they have gone backwards since winning the European Cup ?

Because like it or not my friend, Shepherd was a major board member when we last finished 2nd in the league and is STILL not the major controlling shareholder, just like now, and that is also a FACT. The club is STILL run by essentially the SAME BOARD. FACT.

191360[/snapback]

No, because that was a good few years ago and we did actually look like making progress. Sir Bobby Robson had saved this club from the abyss, nee fucker else. Fat Fred pumped the money in but any chairman would've been expected to do that.

Freddy never realised and admitted his mistake. He brought Roeder in and somehow he managed to drag us from 14th to 7th and get us into Europe. If Freddy knew he'd made a mistake why did he keep him on until last February, nearly a year after Souness marked his stall as being fucking awful?

I couldn't give a toss if we've developed the ground or the training complex (didn't we stop training in said complex a few months back due to the unkempt state and injuries?). We've failed to develop in the areas that matter - on the pitch and on the touchline. Like I said, SJH did all the legwork and Fat Fred reaped the rewards.

There is going backwards and then there is going backwards. We are the latter. Arsenal, ManUre etc. etc. have invested to keep themselves there or there abouts whereas we have pricked about for a good few seasons now just trying to consolidate a position in the top half. Shepherd may have been a major player in the era we got to 2nd but he did fuck all of note at the time, he sat there while SJH and KK worked at making this club what it is. Freddy came along, slagged the club and fans off, resigned, came back and has since then turned this club into a joke.

I personally am sick of it and want him out and before you start with your McKeag shit - Fuck off. You know as much as me when it comes to running a football club so don't start preaching. Sit back, shut up and live by your word while Fat Fred takes this club down the ladder.

Leazes loves to mention Rotterdam as he can spunk over Bellamy and Shepherd whilst having a go at Dyer for missing that 'sitter' near the end that led to Bellamy's goal. Ultimately though that night meant very little in the grand scheme of things, partly thanks to Bellamy's actions against Inter at home later in the competition.

Edited by alex

Fucking cracks me up the way Leazes talks about NE5 as if he's another person :lol:

There's a cuckoo's nest down there somewhere with your name on it! :yes

191465[/snapback]

wot you on about ?

191681[/snapback]

You're fucking unbelievable! :lol:

Amazing how you and he share the same IP, isn't it?

Fucking cracks me up the way Leazes talks about NE5 as if he's another person :lol:

There's a cuckoo's nest down there somewhere with your name on it! :yes

191465[/snapback]

wot you on about ?

191681[/snapback]

You're fucking unbelievable! :lol:

Amazing how you and he share the same IP, isn't it?

192337[/snapback]

And talks the same fucking shite.