Shepard to swallow his pride?

Geordie Boyo

If there was ever a time for a takeover to happen I can certainly see a takeover happening now, IMO. Freddy Shepherd has threw his last dice as far as I'm concerned and in the best interests of the club hopefully he'll dot he right thing, however yes, somebody local or English would be nice who truly would have the supporters best interests at heart.

What was he hoping for not having the money to spend at a vital stage where we need to strengthen our squad? Roeder seemed confident he'd have players left, right & centre assuring the supporters our squad would be ready for the season ahead, yet has Shepherd delivered? If there wasn't a time where he's hanging by a thread this is it! And the only logical idea to me despite transfer window now being closed would be for somebody to buy out his shares and put there money where there mouth is.

Thoughts?

Wishful thinking I'm afraid. He'll continue to use our club as his own personal cash cow. The Halls are at war with him for not considering either of the 2 recent takeover enquiries and his 28% holding will hold up any takeovers.

Another worry is his son's ever increasing profile in club matters, as revealed by Roeder when he said Shepherd junior was in Italy making the Martins deal.

One of the many questions I intend to ask at the forthcoming AGM but no doubt he'll arrange it to be held in London to hide again especially after this transfer window debacle.

The Halls are at war with him for not considering either of the 2 recent takeover enquiries and his 28% holding will hold up any takeovers.

189967[/snapback]

Is this true?

Surely with their 40% holding they're in a strong position to oust him from him chairman role at the next AGM which would be a huge embarassment for him and could lead him to selling up.

Another worry is his son's ever increasing profile in club matters, as revealed by Roeder when he said Shepherd junior was in Italy making the Martins deal.

One of the many questions I intend to ask at the forthcoming AGM but no doubt he'll arrange it to be held in London to hide again especially after this transfer window debacle.

189967[/snapback]

Yup, something that not many have picked up on is Kenneth Shephards increasing involvement in the club and especially negotiations. Being groomed to take over by the looks of it, and unfortunatley the early signs are that he's a chip off the old block.

As for the AGM, Fat Fred spins the Geordie Nation bollocks but is so proud of it that he holds the AGM in that there London place. :rolleyes:

The bloke is an embarrassment.

I look forward to the day when he and his villainous brood leave. :(

He's a "maverick", and not what a mutli-million pound business needs to run it successfully. He acts like it's his money, it's not, although he does take rather a lot of it out into his grubby little offshore venture.

I hope the banners are being painted as I type. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately Shepherd has far too much of a fat ego to swallow his pride. He'll still be sat there with a smug smirk on his fat face this morning for no reason whatsoever :rolleyes:

I blame Roeder more than Shepherd for the transfer faff on, but I do think its time for the Fat Controller to move on.

190092[/snapback]

Surely Roeder just gives Pieboy the names...the negotiations are up to the chairman, no?

If there was ever a time for a takeover to happen I can certainly see a takeover happening now, IMO. Freddy Shepherd has threw his last dice as far as I'm concerned and in the best interests of the club hopefully he'll dot he right thing, however yes, somebody local or English would be nice who truly would have the supporters best interests at heart.

What was he hoping for not having the money to spend at a vital stage where we need to strengthen our squad? Roeder seemed confident he'd have players left, right & centre assuring the supporters our squad would be ready for the season ahead, yet has Shepherd delivered? If there wasn't a time where he's hanging by a thread this is it! And the only logical idea to me despite transfer window now being closed would be for somebody to buy out his shares and put there money where there mouth is.

Thoughts?

189951[/snapback]

over-reaction , over the top shite

I blame Roeder more than Shepherd for the transfer faff on, but I do think its time for the Fat Controller to move on.

190092[/snapback]

I don't. It's become increasingly more obvious that Shepherd has more say over who comes and goes than the manager does. I personally believe Roeder is being used as a stooge to take the flak until Shearer has his badges and is ready to take over. Geordie saviour comes and cleans up the Cockney's mess etc. etc. Fat Fred will cum all over his Cheese and Bacon wrap.