O'Neill upset at Milner crap

curry stained pilchard

Aston Villa manager Martin O'Neill has revealed his disappointment at his failure to land James Milner.

At one stage on Thursday Villa seemed set to land the player after a fee had been agreed with Newcastle for the 20-year-old, who spent last season on loan at Villa Park.

However, after allowing Milner to travel to the Midlands, Newcastle recalled the England Under-21 star after they failed to land their own transfer targets which included Middlesbrough's Mark Viduka.

The Villa chief managed to add Stilian Petrov before the transfer deadline, but he remains upset that the Milner deal was not completed.

"I am bitterly disappointed because everything had been agreed but there was absolutely nothing we could do about the situation," said O'Neill.

I feel more sorry for Milner then O'Neill. As has been said before he probably feels completely pissed about and worthless at the moment and I hope the club does some serious apologising to him for yesterday's debacle.

Not half as disappointed as Milner, I imagine. Probably thought he was finally free of the circus that is NUFC and could enjoy his football and have some semblance of a career. Setting aside the issue of money, we are a pretty unattractive prospect for any professional footballer. If Duff doesn't know this by now, he will soon. Given should have known better than to sign another contract as well. A few more seasons of this and who knows where we'll be.

Aye, it's Milner that 's the victim in all of this. By the way, anyone remember the Roeder interview on the BBC last month where a bloke rang in to congratulate him on keeping Milner and Roeder said he was in his plans? Pants on fire!

We look like right tits now.

Personally im fucking sick of this all.

Its not like we are living in bad times for the football club but its just frustrating because we have so much potential and we are slipping behind teams like Villa and Tottenham for fucks sake.

Aye, it's Milner that 's the victim in all of this. By the way, anyone remember the Roeder interview on the BBC last month where a bloke rang in to congratulate him on keeping Milner and Roeder said he was in his plans? Pants on fire!

190099[/snapback]

He said at that talk in at the Falcons ground that he was also a major part of his plans!

When I read .com yesterday correctly they were saying that Milner was only reluctant to talk to Villa anyway. So you first get forced out of the club against your wish after being told how they rate you, just to being messed around.

Don't feel sorry for Villa though. Bunch of brummy clowns.

I think we might be learning that Roeder, whilst not a malicious liar by any stretcy, will say what he feels is the right thing in the circumstances, rather than what might actually be the truth? Maybe?

Not the first time he's talked a lot of shit so far this summer.

Read a good interview with Milner a month or two ago. Came over really well - said he never wanted to leave Leeds but hoped he helped the club by doing so. Said he enjoyed his time at Villa but was really looking to prove himself here and didn't want to go to Villa permanently. He seems genuine but I how he feels about things at the moment...