Olivier Bernard

Gemmill

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He was better than Babayaro. Now though? Hard to say really. I'm quite pleased though as I always rated him when he was here. Have I just been whooshed?

Bernard's Back in Toon!

0,,10278~2983582,00.gif

FRENCH full-back Olivier Bernard has rejoined the Magpies for a second spell at St. James' Park.

Bernard left Gallowgate in January 2005 to link up with Southampton on loan until the end of the 2005/06 season, and then moved onto Glasgow Rangers where he spent the whole of last season.

The 26-year-old was released by the Ibrox club in the summer, and the fact he is a free agent allows him to make the move back to St. James' Park outside of the transfer window.

Olivier, who originally signed for the club from Lyon in October 2000, made a total of 116 appearances - with a further 26 from the bench - scoring six times.

His last appearance for the Magpies came on January 23 2005 when United lost 1-0 at Arsenal.

Bernard put pen to paper at St. James' Park on Friday morning, and was due to meet his 'new' team-mates at the training ground this afternoon.

The Frenchman becomes Glenn Roeder's fourth summer signing, joining Damien Duff, Obafemi Martins and Antoine Sibierksi.

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~891167,00.html