Olivier Bernard

Gemmill

Deja-vu re Solano?

190198[/snapback]

he's 26 Sima, man!

190201[/snapback]

He's also fucking shit, which he was towards the end of his time with us.

Solano has always had class.

190206[/snapback]

Is he fuck! His attitude is shit! I would take a guess and think he wouldn't be looking to make that mistake again...!

190221[/snapback]

Can I ask a serious question please? Did you ever see him play for Southampton or Rangers? Do you know why neither wanted to keep him on?

190223[/snapback]

Yes I did see him play for both clubs as a matter of fact, and yes he was shit. MY POINT BEING! Is that this would be the perfect opportunity for him to have the right attitude and find his form again and if that happens then of course he'd offer a hell of a lot more commitment and quality than Babayaro. Pos-i-tiv-i-ty mate :rolleyes:

Edited by Geordie Boyo

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Rangers sign him from Southampton or was he released and then picked up on a free ?

190254[/snapback]

I think Southampton only signed him until the end of that season in case they went down so Rangers picked him up as a free agent.

Did Rangers sign him from Southampton or was he released and then picked up on a free ?

190254[/snapback]

I think Southampton only signed him until the end of that season in case they went down so Rangers picked him up as a free agent.

190258[/snapback]

Rangers signed him after the transfer deadline, so it was certainly on a free.

:rolleyes: @ Gram.

I think when he was here, he played to the best of his ability and (in the main) he played in a good side which always helps. Although he had Robert in front of him, who didn't always help him out defensively, they had a good understanding. He worked hard for the team too and he'll have to do that again as he isn't good enough to lose this asset to his game. He was also strong in the tackle and good in the air (especially for his size).

However, he often got caught out of position and he has shafted the club twice previously. His career has also gone into terminal decline since leaving.

Sima, the difference between the reaction to Sibierski and the reaction to Bernard is because Bernard's a left back. As I've said elsewhere, if we signed players of Sibierski's quality that were defenders, I'd be able to accept it as they're warm bodies that you can put on the pitch. I'm far from ecstatic but I'm not incredulous like I was about the Sibierski thing.

I honestly don't get it.

We sign a Premiership side's cast off and there's uproar and chants of "what a fucking joke", etc.  Then we sign a Championship side's cast off and it's "Welcome back, better than what we have"

He's garbage man, get over it.

190240[/snapback]

It's probably partially to do with the fact that we desperately need cover at left-back, and we're reasonably ok in central midfield.

Bernard was far more effective going forward than Babayaro, they both have poor positioning. The hatred of Baba is laughable, he does save our asses defensively on a reasonably regular basis, but he's not good. I thought Bernard's defending improved towards the end of his time at Newcastle, he was always hardier & stronger in the tackle.

Apparently he's gone to shit since he left, I haven't seen that first hand, but if we can get him back to Newcastle form, he'll be a worthy addition to the side, and in my opinion, will be ahead of Babayaro in the pecking order.

Might also have found a new buddy for Charlie.

Edited by ObaGol

I honestly don't get it.

We sign a Premiership side's cast off and there's uproar and chants of "what a fucking joke", etc.  Then we sign a Championship side's cast off and it's "Welcome back, better than what we have"

He's garbage man, get over it.

190240[/snapback]

It's probably partially to do with the fact that we desperately need cover at left-back, and we're reasonably ok in central midfield.

Bernard was far more effective going forward than Babayaro, they both have poor positioning. The hatred of Baba is laughable, he does save our asses defensively on a reasonably regular basis, but he's not good. I thought Bernard's defending improved towards the end of his time at Newcastle, he was always hardier & stronger in the tackle.

Apparently he's gone to shit since he left, I haven't seen that first hand, but if we can get him back to Newcastle form, he'll be a worthy addition to the side, and in my opinion, will be ahead of Babayaro in the peckin order.

Might also have found a new buddy for Charlie.

190284[/snapback]

We've replaced Boumsong (Charlie's mentor) with Sibierski and Bernard. Woohoo :rolleyes:

Deja-vu re Solano?

190198[/snapback]

he's 26 Sima, man!

190201[/snapback]

He's also fucking shit, which he was towards the end of his time with us.

Solano has always had class.

190206[/snapback]

Is he fuck! His attitude is shit! I would take a guess and think he wouldn't be looking to make that mistake again...!

190221[/snapback]

Can I ask a serious question please? Did you ever see him play for Southampton or Rangers? Do you know why neither wanted to keep him on?

190223[/snapback]

Working up north I saw a fair bit of him on Hun TV, and to be quite frank he looked total shite, I couldn't beleive it was the same player who i used to think was canny enough.

Hopefully the "good" Bernard will be the one who turns up, the one Isaw for Rangers was like a Robbie Elliot without the skill :rolleyes:

I hope this is just a desperate stop gap solution until January because of the Bridge shambles. Bernard who wasn't that bad during his time here has went totally downhill since then and I can't see how he can improve the quality of the squad right now. The only positive thing is that we are hopefully not continuing in wasting the Zog as left back.

Sima, the difference between the reaction to Sibierski and the reaction to Bernard is because Bernard's a left back.  As I've said elsewhere, if we signed players of Sibierski's quality that were defenders, I'd be able to accept it as they're warm bodies that you can put on the pitch.  I'm far from ecstatic but I'm not incredulous like I was about the Sibierski thing.

190279[/snapback]

So you're not pissed off about us signing Championship cast offs?

Might as well have bought Neil Collins tbh

Even Sheffield United offered him a trial and told him to fuck off.

190260[/snapback]

change the record.

190288[/snapback]

He's shit.

190295[/snapback]

you never know......better than nothing i say :nufc:

190300[/snapback]

So why did we sell Boumsong?

Sima, the difference between the reaction to Sibierski and the reaction to Bernard is because Bernard's a left back.  As I've said elsewhere, if we signed players of Sibierski's quality that were defenders, I'd be able to accept it as they're warm bodies that you can put on the pitch.  I'm far from ecstatic but I'm not incredulous like I was about the Sibierski thing.

190279[/snapback]

Spot on, you Ginger git :nufc:

So you're not pissed off about us signing Championship cast offs?

Might as well have bought Neil Collins tbh

190298[/snapback]

Never met a girl like you before tbh.

190260[/snapback]

change the record.

190288[/snapback]

He's shit.

190295[/snapback]

190300[/snapback]

190302[/snapback]

Because he was a fucking liability everytime he set foot on the pitch.

190260[/snapback]

change the record.

190288[/snapback]

He's shit.

190295[/snapback]

190300[/snapback]

190302[/snapback]

Because he was a fucking liability everytime he set foot on the pitch.

190313[/snapback]

Babayaro

Carr

Bernard

Bramble

Ramage

tbh