Olivier Bernard

Gemmill

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

during his tiime here last time round we finished in the top 5 regularly.

that however was with a much better squad than we have now.

he better play well man... though i think the moneys gone to his head...

191197[/snapback]

To be fair, we had a fucking shite defence back then aswell :nufc:

I see that according the the official site, Bernard's been given the no. 3 shirt.

OK it was vacant but for some reason I was fully expecting them to give him his old no. 35 shirt and assign a diffferent one to Matty Pattison.

Reckon giving him no. 3 is proof enough that Wayne Bridge won't be coming in January?

I see that according the the official site, Bernard's been given the no. 3 shirt.

OK it was vacant but for some reason I was fully expecting them to give him his old no. 35 shirt and assign a diffferent one to Matty Pattison.

Reckon giving him no. 3 is proof enough that Wayne Bridge won't be coming in January?

191582[/snapback]

I think that's a fairly safe assumption

I can remeber us playing Chelsea a couple of years back and Ollie was the best fullback on the pitch and Chelsea had 3! (Ferreira was a RM).

However, the supposed overhaul of our scouting system doesn't seem to have extended beyond a phone book for agents. No change there then.

Olly was a good player when with us and I will give him the benefit of the doubt that he will regain that form. Thats the bottom line.

191645[/snapback]

I always liked him. Yes there was a positional issue which i hope Roeder will work on, but he was fast, tough, good tackler, good in the air for his height and good going forward, plus he got hit and fouled more than any toon player i've seen and always got on with it.

It seems since he left us he's went way downhill and i hope we don't see that player, but i'm more than willing to give him a chance.

He'll offer more than Baba who seems half asleep during games at times and who is picking up injuries every match now and at least its compettiton for both of them which you always need.

Though of course i'm pissed of with the club for not having made a batter job of getting Bridge or another proven class LB in good current form.

191582[/snapback]

According to the official club site now, Bernard's getting #34 and Sibierski is getting #20

Rossi will be assigned a number when he returns from Italy U21 duty. (#15 perhaps?)

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~892493,00.html

191582[/snapback]

According to the official club site now, Bernard's getting #34 and Sibierski is getting #20

Rossi will be assigned a number when he returns from Italy U21 duty. (#15 perhaps?)

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~892493,00.html

192629[/snapback]

Or maybe 21. I dunno, i would pick 21 myself like.

Played for the reserves last night.  Supposedly looked "slimline" but also a bit rusty, so we might not see him this weekend.

192871[/snapback]

Slim line?

He must have stopped his diet of deep fried mars bars since Rangers told him he was no longer wanted. He looked out of shape when playing for them..

Guest Patrokles

I always liked him. we needed a decent left-back, and if he plays like he did for us before, then we have one. I am slightly aggrieved to see some people who moaned for months about letting Bernard go now complaining that he has come back. (not in this thread, just... somewhere else.)

I always liked him. we needed a decent left-back, and if he plays like he did for us before, then we have one. I am slightly aggrieved to see some people who moaned for months about letting Bernard go now complaining that he has come back. (not in this thread, just... somewhere else.)

193278[/snapback]

I agree about recapturing his old form. We didn't let him go though, he turned down an improved contract on the basis he wanted back-pay to the time negotiations started. Him and his agent were as guilty as anyone for the negotiations taking so long.

Clark's still registered as a player isn't he? :good:

192723[/snapback]

Retired I think.

192827[/snapback]

I think he's still registered incase of emergencies, kinda like Southgate at the Burra.

Clark's still registered as a player isn't he? :good:

192723[/snapback]

Retired I think.

192827[/snapback]

I think he's still registered incase of emergencies, kinda like Southgate at the Burra.

193419[/snapback]

Yeah i'm sure they said he "semi-retired" so he isn't meant to be playing at all, but if there was a big injury crisis he's still registered to play.

• 1 month later...