new phone

zico martin

time for me to get a new phone. Ive currently got a phone on 02 PAYG so ideally id like to stick the sim card in the next one.

be nice if it was bluetooth, a bigger screen that my current motorola V220, be able to download video clips on it and comes with a full address book of ladies in my area who would like to chat to me.

Well I could do without the last feature i suppose, so anyone got any recommendations? I dont wanna have to pay too much but then dont want this to be as obsolete as quickly as my current one has!

Just got a sony ericcson W810i with 512mb of memory to hold 200ish songs.

550 anytime/any network minutes and unlimited texts on orange

£35 a month for 18months.

191039[/snapback]

Had one a few months now- no problems, dead easy to use, very good camera and screen resolution if you're bothered for that stuff- I mainly like the walkman function.

I got a 2GB Memory Stick Duo card for £35 off ebay- probably get bigger ones now for less. That equates to roughly 30 albums.

I'm a Motorola v3 man mesel :nufc:

They're grrrrrrrrreat, as Tony the tiger would say :( You can take photos. Aaaaand you can send photos ;)

Mrs hips has a v3 (the top model, whatever that is) as well ;) She now has the wonderful wallpaper on it of a sexy snakehips' bumcheeks - which she likes to show all her friends <_<

I've got a Samsung e900. Quality phone but its got plenty of annoying features, and at the minute its fucked after I slept with it in my pocket and the LCD display has cracked inside or something so I can just see black lines. Bugger.

I'm a Motorola v3 man mesel :lol:

They're grrrrrrrrreat, as Tony the tiger would say :yes  You can take photos. Aaaaand you can send photos :)

Mrs hips has a v3 (the top model, whatever that is) as well :angry:  She now has the wonderful wallpaper on it of a sexy snakehips' bumcheeks - which she likes to show all her friends  :lol:

191193[/snapback]

I've got a V3i myself. Undoubtedly the best looking phone on the market, but they're so common I feel like a peasent now! Plus they have some really annoying features on the software side of things - the phone book was designed by a cretin for instance.

I'm a Motorola v3 man mesel :lol:

They're grrrrrrrrreat, as Tony the tiger would say :yes  You can take photos. Aaaaand you can send photos :)

Mrs hips has a v3 (the top model, whatever that is) as well :angry:  She now has the wonderful wallpaper on it of a sexy snakehips' bumcheeks - which she likes to show all her friends  :lol:

191193[/snapback]

I've got a V3i myself. Undoubtedly the best looking phone on the market, but they're so common I feel like a peasent now! Plus they have some really annoying features on the software side of things - the phone book was designed by a cretin for instance.

192386[/snapback]

OK, since posting this yesterday my phone appears to be fucked. Every time I dial I get terrible interference and when I connect I can barely hear the other person, plus they get the interference too. Any ideas on what could be up before I get a replacement? Fuck off Moto you bastard!

:good:

just got a V3im with 513mb memory card and all th acables and stuff thrown in for £85 on O2 PAYG.

chuffed as it replaces the 256mb mp3 player in the car as well now!

any ideas how i can get my mp3 files to work as ring tones though? the manual doesnt mention it all and i aint paying for any!

just got a V3im with 513mb memory card and all th acables and stuff thrown in for £85 on O2 PAYG.

any ideas how i can get my mp3 files to work as ring tones though?  the manual doesnt mention it all and i aint paying for any!

193418[/snapback]

Easiest way is to upload them via your USB or Bluetooth onto your phone (not memory card) using the supplied software. Then go to the main menu and select multimedia (filmstrip icon), select sounds, select the one you want, and use the apply as ringtone option. The motos have a bit of an odd way of handling memory, and you have to make sure you have the right device enabled - I think to use music as ringtones it has to be on the integral phone memory. Incidentally, I have found that some mp3s simply won't work on mine. Plus annoyingly you can't select a wav or mp3 file for text message alerts etc.

As for using it as an mp3 player, well, I don't know what your m suffix means but if it's anything like the V3i forget it, it's a complete waste of time. Get an iPod or equivalent instead.

Got to say i'm pissed off with mine. It's completely knackered. If I can change to a Sony I will I think.

any ideas how i can get my mp3 files to work as ring tones though?  the manual doesnt mention it all and i aint paying for any!

193418[/snapback]

Easiest way is to upload them via your USB or Bluetooth onto your phone (not memory card) using the supplied software. Then go to the main menu and select multimedia (filmstrip icon), select sounds, select the one you want, and use the apply as ringtone option. The motos have a bit of an odd way of handling memory, and you have to make sure you have the right device enabled - I think to use music as ringtones it has to be on the integral phone memory. Incidentally, I have found that some mp3s simply won't work on mine. Plus annoyingly you can't select a wav or mp3 file for text message alerts etc.

As for using it as an mp3 player, well, I don't know what your m suffix means but if it's anything like the V3i forget it, it's a complete waste of time. Get an iPod or equivalent instead.

Got to say i'm pissed off with mine. It's completely knackered. If I can change to a Sony I will I think.

193421[/snapback]

well this one comes with i-pod software and a 3mm jack adaptor so I will be using it in the car on the way to work this morning, I'll report back if it is indeed a waste of time

193418[/snapback]

193421[/snapback]

well this one comes with i-pod software and a 3mm jack adaptor so I will be using it in the car on the way to work this morning, I'll report back if it is indeed a waste of time

193459[/snapback]

Sounds like it has proper dedicated music software so might be OK. Mind, it will hit the battery life.

My hunt for a non-ipod mp3 player ended yesterday when my Samsung Y5 arrived. Pretty impressed so far.

193418[/snapback]

193421[/snapback]

193459[/snapback]

Sounds like it has proper dedicated music software so might be OK. Mind, it will hit the battery life.

My hunt for a non-ipod mp3 player ended yesterday when my Samsung Y5 arrived. Pretty impressed so far.

193499[/snapback]

yeah i think the software makes the difference and Ive been pretty impressed so far. not too worried about battery life as i can charge it again when i get to work.

this my first foray into the world of i-tunes and I havent been disappointed - although i will continue to use winamp as my media player on my pc.

thanks anyway renton

I've got a Samsung e900. Quality phone but its got plenty of annoying features, and at the minute its fucked after I slept with it in my pocket and the LCD display has cracked inside or something so I can just see black lines. Bugger.

191264[/snapback]

Got one myself, nice piece of kit and no complaints so far, other than i dropped the bastard the other day

191264[/snapback]

Got one myself, nice piece of kit and no complaints so far, other than i dropped the bastard the other day

193703[/snapback]

Damage would've been small seeing as the phone wouldn't have had far to travel. :good:

191264[/snapback]

193703[/snapback]

Damage would've been small seeing as the phone wouldn't have had far to travel. :D

193706[/snapback]

Was actually, a small scratch on the corner, well, a big scratch to me