League or cup?

gram

There is an assumption here in that we didnt beat Chelsea....but would you have taken beating Villa in the final in 2001 |(iirc) for the 2nd place finishes?

I was at Wembley and other than the night at Cleethorpes i havent seen Geordies as happy as when Rob Lees goal went in.

Personally I still think if we had beaten Chelsea then we would have won the cup.

I would take a cup win over the league now for certain. In the league we have fuck all chance of achieving anything other than a very short lived run in a cup we have no chance of winning.

Thoughts?

The cup is the only realistic thing we can win so it has to be the major thing to aim for.

As an aside, when the chips are down, we usually put on some sort of cup run before bottling it spectacularly. With that in mind, I expect us to reach a late round of one of the cups this year.

if i had to choose, i'd rather we won a cup then qualified for europe, but with such a thin squad this year, we might struggle in the league if we get distracted by a cup run.

remember boro under robson? two cup finals in the year they went down. could see the same thing happening to us if we get anywhere near the same number of bad injuries we've had in recent seasons.

This year league because we wont win a cup guaranteed and we cant be done with getting relegated.

A cup run would probably fuck up our chances of top 10.

191563[/snapback]

UEFA Cup and 13th would do me; about our only chance of seeing Europe next season, unless we're lucky with injuries/do some major bolstering in January/Roeder surprises me.

Any peace of silverware any time I'd take gladly....

191553[/snapback]

Aye, any peace in our time would be nice.

191554[/snapback]

Damn it to hell whats wrong with me.... Piece peace....jesus.... :blink:

This year league because we wont win a cup guaranteed and we cant be done with getting relegated.

191563[/snapback]

The way we're looking at the moment we've got more chance of Roeder making a top ten record than we have in the League :blink:

The FA Cup is the one to win, it holds more glamour and it has more thrill and excitement to it than the league championship does.

Sometimes the league championship is determined way before the league is over so it's often a flat ending, unlike the blaze of glory in the FA Cup.

Won the FA Cup 3 times in my lifetime, 51-52-55, but I would like to see us win the big league, that's never happened in my f*****g lifetime, YET!

191563[/snapback]

The way we're looking at the moment we've got more chance of Roeder making a top ten record than we have in the League :blink:

191608[/snapback]

Eurovision Song Contest