luque deal not dead-talks are ongoing

nufc1984

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We've just been told to up our bid:

http://uk.sports.yahoo.com/050822/1/d3q2.html

Deportivo La Coruna president Augusto Cesar Lendoiro insists Newcastle have not submitted a high enough bid for striker Albert Luque.

Luque, who is reported to have agreed personal terms with the north-east club, has made it clear he wants to move to England even though Depor have yet to receive an offer they consider satisfactory.

Advertisement

The 27-year-old Spain international claims Newcastle had a £10.2m bid rejected but Lendoiro insists no such bid was made.

"If Newcastle had offered that amount of money, we would not have anything to talk about and he would have already gone," said the Deportivo supremo.

"The difference in valuation of the player between the two clubs is £1.4m.

"Newcastle have offered £7.5m plus Hugo Viana, but at the moment there is a difference in our valuations of him."

Lendoiro said he wanted to close the deal as quickly as possible to allow his club time to sign a suitable replacement.

"We can't wait until the last day of the transfer window to agree a deal," he added.

"We will need time to fill the gap he leaves, but if there is no agreement he will have to play for the team."

Coach Joaquin Caparros indicated Luque would soon be on his way out of Deportivo by omitting the player from his squad for Tuesday's Intertoto Cup final against Marseille.

Should Luque leave the Riazor, Depor may move for Real Madrid's Roberto Soldado.

The 21-year-old impressed during Madrid's tour of the Far East and the USA in July, scoring two goals, but the arrivals of Julio Cesar Baptista and Robinho mean he will probably remain in the reserves this term.

"He is going to beat a record because he will be the only player who has spent five years in the reserves. Any deal involving him would be a loan and the following season would see him return to Madrid," said Soldado's agent Domingo Sevillano.

Just thought I'd leave in the bit about them interested in Soldado :blink:

i just cannot beleive our poor excuse for a faty bastard of a chairman is haggling over 1.4 million!

1.4 fucking MILLION!

mr shephard it would be a pleasure if you left with immeidiate affect!

15899[/snapback]

I'd say that's a fairly significant sum on the balance sheet come year end, unless you're playing football manager that is.

I'd say that's a fairly significant sum on the balance sheet come year end, unless you're playing football manager that is.

15903[/snapback]

what in out current situation?

shephard is poor at negotiating,and he has proved that all summer,and knowone can say any different really b'cos thats the reality behind it!

i just cannot beleive our poor excuse for a faty bastard of a chairman is haggling over 1.4 million!

1.4 fucking MILLION!

15899[/snapback]

15903[/snapback]

If you're a greedy fat fucker who wants a large payout come the end of the year then you're absolutely correct.

However, when you consider that each league place is worth 500k then anyone with an ounce of common sense could see that we'll finish higher up the league with some additional firepower than we would without.

If you're saying he'd be wrong to walk away from this deal over that money that's fine, but to critisize him for waiting maybe an extra 2 days to save us 1m, that we should just pay whatever they ask, then I can't agree. It was said like the million doesn't make a difference - we're not Chelsea.

If you're saying he'd be wrong to walk away from this deal over that money that's fine, but to critisize him for waiting maybe an extra 2 days to save us 1m, that we should just pay whatever they ask, then I can't agree.  It was said like the million doesn't make a difference - we're not Chelsea.

15917[/snapback]

If that was the case then I'd completely agree with you, however we know how Freddie's past "The ball's in their court" comments have turned out with Anelka and Boa Morte.

Yeah, fair enough. Freddy's shown himself to have all the business nous of a used car salesman recently.

av-23.jpg

"Signing footballers is alot like making love to a beautiful woman...you've got to pay for it"

Hot dog, jumping frog, Albert Luque...

15275[/snapback]

Nice one, nice one! :blink::razz:

He should be so luque, luque, luque, luque (Kylie, was it?) :blush::blush::blush:

O'leary says he wont stand in Nobby's way if he wants to leave Villa.

Liverpool don't want Owen.

:nufc::nufc::rolleyes::rolleyes::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::help::help::help::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc::nufc: :nufc

He obviously wasn’t our first target yet we’ve unsuccessfully bid more for him than we needed to to land the player who was our first target, i.e. Boa Morte. Does Anyone else find this strange?

He obviously wasn’t our first target yet we’ve unsuccessfully bid more for him than we needed to to land the player who was our first target, i.e. Boa Morte. Does Anyone else find this strange?

16303[/snapback]

Take away Shepherd and Souness (or Paul and Barry Chuckle as they should be known) and it is very strange, with them at the helm it sounds about right to me.

The whole thing has been a joke from months back.

Souness categorically knew during last season he was getting rid of Bellamy and Robert and basically luivert as well. So those people with a brain would think right, first signings through this door, the ones i'll conentrate my efforts on will be two strikers and an attacking left sided player. What does this prick do, chases two central midfielders until he gets them!

So he has left us with a squad with no attack and width but plenty of midfield, then Shepherd takes over the role of ruining the club. And he decides that no matter how clear it is we need goals and creativity he is going to piss about arguing over fees and buy nobody!

But the fact remains, they knew back last season who was going and they went after players in other positions first, its piss poor management on every level.

1.4 fucking MILLION!

15899[/snapback]

Well - dunno about you, but I'd be VERY impressed if someone gave ME £1.4 million !!!!

16303[/snapback]

Take away Shepherd and Souness (or Paul and Barry Chuckle as they should be known) and it is very strange, with them at the helm it sounds about right to me.

The whole thing has been a joke from months back.

Souness categorically knew during last season he was getting rid of Bellamy and Robert and basically luivert as well. So those people with a brain would think right, first signings through this door, the ones i'll conentrate my efforts on will be two strikers and an attacking left sided player. What does this prick do, chases two central midfielders until he gets them!

So he has left us with a squad with no attack and width but plenty of midfield, then Shepherd takes over the role of ruining the club. And he decides that no matter how clear it is we need goals and creativity he is going to piss about arguing over fees and buy nobody!

But the fact remains, they knew back last season who was going and they went after players in other positions first, its piss poor management on every level.

16342[/snapback]

It's just desperation, that's all. I'll be honest and say I hadn't even heard of Luque before we declared an interest.

My attempt to fit him into a song:

His name is Luque,

He plays on the left wing...

To the tune of Luca by Suzanne Vega if it isn't obvious.... :blink:

16303[/snapback]

The thing is that if he had been our first target and we had made a bid for him a couple of weeks ago we probably wouldn't have got him. There were other clubs interested and I think he only turned his sight on playing for Newcastle because the transfer window is closing and the likes of Real Madrid chose other targets.

Anyway knowing the Deportivo chairman I don't think we have heard the last word in this case.

16303[/snapback]

The thing is that if he had been our first target and we had made a bid for him a couple of weeks ago we probably wouldn't have got him. There were other clubs interested and I think he only turned his sight on playing for Newcastle because the transfer window is closing and the likes of Real Madrid chose other targets.

Anyway knowing the Deportivo chairman I don't think we have heard the last word in this case.

16360[/snapback]

Your confidence with this is the only thing that's keeping me going at the moment. I may have to hunt you down and kill you though if it turns out to be unfounded :blink:

16303[/snapback]

16360[/snapback]

Your confidence with this is the only thing that's keeping me going at the moment. I may have to hunt you down and kill you though if it turns out to be unfounded :blink:

16363[/snapback]

Just put in the words "transfer" "saga" and "Lendoiro" into a search machine and you get plenty results especially concerning Makaay and Pandiani.

I'm not saying Luque will end up in Newcastle but I am quite sure that this saga isn't already dead will provide more "entertainment".

16303[/snapback]

16360[/snapback]

I agree Isegrim. It's an almost identical situation to the Pandiani to Birmingham transfer. One day, Bruce is on SSN saying he'll be a Brum player within the next 48 hours, a couple of days later, Karren Brady was saying they wouldn't meet Depor's "valuation" of the player...a few days later he signed for Birmingham for the original fee they offered. I think this might just be a case that their chairman/President is an even bigger tit than Freddie.

1.4 fucking MILLION!

15899[/snapback]

Well - dunno about you, but I'd be VERY impressed if someone gave ME £1.4 million !!!!

16349[/snapback]

but if Souness hadn't talked players down etc etc we could have and should have got a lot more money for Bellamy and Robert ..... then he'd have more. I know it's not a lot but we can't undersell players and expect to just write it off

Edited by LeazesMag

Yeah, fair enough.  Freddy's shown himself to have all the business nous of a used car salesman recently.

av-23.jpg

"Signing footballers is alot like making love to a beautiful woman...you've got to pay for it"

15964[/snapback]

that's an insult to Arthur Daley :blink: