Here comes the pitiful excuses....

Craig

:nufc:

Chairman: Windows Are Wrong

NEWCASTLE United chairman Freddy Shepherd admits he is no fan of the transfer window system.

Before the deadline came at midnight on August 31, the Magpies had brought in Damien Duff, Obefami Martins, Giuseppe Rossi (loan) and Antoine Sibierski. Olivier Bernard returned to the club for a second spell on Friday as a free agent.

The arrival of Sibierski was the only business done by Newcastle on the final day of the window, although club officials had been working tirelessly trying to broker other deals.

And while some supporters would have liked to have seen more new faces arrive at St. James' Park, United's summer spending still compared favourably with many of their Premiership rivals - and this only 12 months after breaking the transfer record to sign Michael Owen and also funding the purchase of Spanish international Albert Luque.

Mr Shepherd said: "We have nothing to reproach ourselves for.

"We have spent £15m on Damien Duff and Oba Martins who we believe are real quality signings. And that after paying out £28m for Michael Owen and Albert Luque this time last year.

"We also beat off a lot of other Premiership teams to get Giuseppe Rossi in from Manchester United. Antoine Sibierski has come in as a squad member, we have got Olivier Bernard back and Shay Given on a new five year contract.

"But there is no one to blame for us not getting other players in before the transfer deadline. It's the window to blame. It is absolutely ridiculous and really a restriction of trade and I would like to see somebody challenging it.

"How can you stop someone from getting a job? What other business would allow this?

"We have been slammed for trying to do business on transfer deadline day but it is no good saying you should buy before that because things don't always work out that way in football.

"It's not like buying a pair of shoes off a shelf, it's completely different. It's more like a game of poker and don't forget others clubs do not always want to sell their players.

"We do not want Glenn Roeder to buy players willy-nilly. He is trying to tidy things up for us and it cannot happen overnight. But he has got rid of a few high wage earners who were not doing it for us and were not fitting in here.

"And what he is looking to do is to buy the right players at the right price and at the right terms, and on players who have the right attitude.

"The transfer deadline has come and gone until January and we have to move on. We have a quality squad of players who are the envy of some of the other Premiership clubs and I can assure our fans we are always on the look out for players to add to this squad."

Source: http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsD...~891431,00.html

Jesus fucking wept!

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

"But there is no one to blame for us not getting other players in before the transfer deadline. It's the window to blame. It is absolutely ridiculous and really a restriction of trade and I would like to see somebody challenging it.

Fucking laughable

AND IT'S NOT FUCKING £15 million it's £7.5 FUCKING MILLION

What a complete prick the man is. It's his inability to trade effectively within the window, not the window itself that's the problem. Perhaps if they hadn't decided to have 6 weeks of a 3 month window off while the World Cup was on, things might have been different.

Stupid fat arsehole.

What a complete prick the man is.  It's his inability to trade effectively within the window, not the window itself that's the problem.  Perhaps if they hadn't decided to have 6 weeks of a 3 month window off while the World Cup was on, things might have been different.

Stupid fat arsehole.

191254[/snapback]

Absolutely spot on....

Didn't hear him complaining during the window and I doubt very much we would have done if, by some miracle, we'd have pulled in one or two key signings on Thursday.

Sour grapes from the fat shite!

Fuck off Shepherd you fat cunt.

191260[/snapback]

I think so long as it's being aimed at Gregg's finest customer, evening the ladies will permit the 'c' word today! <_<

I wish we could get rid of the fat horrible twat, tbh!

I don't want to see or hear any negativity during games as it won't help the players, but it would be nice if we could somehow get the message across and make it clear that he can fuck off for good! :nufc:

"But there is no one to blame for us not getting other players in before the transfer deadline. It's the window to blame.

Shepherd has now reached new depths that I never thought even he could reach. Best quote I've ever heard.

Shepherd Out

It's funny that he can be such a twat, but it's absolutely soul destroying to think that he genuinely believes that him and Roeder aren't to blame.

It's like me failing an exam and then blaming the pass mark.

"But there is no one to blame for us not getting other players in before the transfer deadline. It's the window to blame.

Shepherd has now reached new depths that I never thought even he could reach. Best quote I've ever heard.

Shepherd Out

191278[/snapback]

The only way the window is to blame is if he returned to his office after having nipped out for a snack and found he'd locked himself out couldn't get back in through the fucking window, fat cunt

It's funny that he can be such a twat, but it's absolutely soul destroying to think that he genuinely believes that him and Roeder aren't to blame. 

191281[/snapback]

Watch him do it all over again next summer.

Blame the board when it rains or what.

The transfer window is a pile of shite, it ruins interest for fans and football generally. Why shouldn't you be able to buy players when you want ? He's spot on.

If you don't like the board spending the money it does lads, go and support a club that doesn't do it ..... are you not happy with buying Duff and Martins, the fact is, we are among the biggest spenders - again.

The transfer window is a pile of shite, it ruins interest for fans and football generally. Why shouldn't you be able to buy players when you want ? He's spot on.

If you don't like the board spending the money it does lads, go and support a club that doesn't do it ..... are you not happy with buying Duff and Martins, the fact is, we are among the biggest spenders - again.

191289[/snapback]

:nufc: You never give in do you?

I'm happy we got Duff and Martins, but for £15m we could have bought so many more players. I hope Martins is quality, but £10m on an unproven 21 year old is a big gamble.

191289[/snapback]

The window's been open for two fucking months man! If it's so shit, how come apprently 'lesser' teams than ourselves have manage to do alright out of it??

This article is Fat Fred's defining moment as a complete and utter cock. Your defence of it is making you seem absolutely stupid!

191289[/snapback]

Shhh :nufc:

191289[/snapback]

Read this. Really read it and take it in.

No one is complaining that we spend money.

Have you got it? If you think you have, read it again to be sure. If you haven't got it, read it again to give yourself another chance. Have you got it now?

If you can answer yes, we'll move on and try to discuss this matter further. A simple yes or no will do. Anything else and I'll assume this is a concept beyond the boundaries of your intelligence.

191281[/snapback]

The man is corrupt, stupid and dishonest.

I want him to waddle off into the sunset and allow someone to try and run our club properly. :nufc: