Here comes the pitiful excuses....

Craig

I'm no fan of the transfer window tbh but it's not like we don't know how it works, it does exactly as it says on the tin. I like the bit about us being the envy of other clubs, what a fucking joke.

191306[/snapback]

Exactly. It's like me driving into a wall and then remonstrating with it for not moving. The fat incompetent dickhead knew all along where the wall was and when he could expect to hit it.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Blame the board when it rains or what.

The transfer window is a pile of shite, it ruins interest for fans and football generally. Why shouldn't you be able to buy players when you want ? He's spot on.

If you don't like the board spending the money it does lads, go and support a club that doesn't do it ..... are you not happy with buying Duff and Martins, the fact is, we are among the biggest spenders - again.

191289[/snapback]

:blink: You never give in do you?

I'm happy we got Duff and Martins, but for £15m we could have bought so many more players. I hope Martins is quality, but £10m on an unproven 21 year old is a big gamble.

191291[/snapback]

Regular international who has played in serie A for years and scored goals in the champions league. Not much more he can do to prove himself tbh!

He's only had 3 fucking months to buy some one, very restrictive. Maybe if we didn't spend 2 years watching centre forwards who blatantly didn't want to come here then we might get more people in. Stupid twat, sorry like, but get this twat and his useless son out before we go right down the pan.

The transfer window is a pile of shite, it ruins interest for fans and football generally. Why shouldn't you be able to buy players when you want ? He's spot on.

If you don't like the board spending the money it does lads, go and support a club that doesn't do it ..... are you not happy with buying Duff and Martins, the fact is, we are among the biggest spenders - again.

191289[/snapback]

I'm happy we got Duff and Martins, but for £15m we could have bought so many more players. I hope Martins is quality, but £10m on an unproven 21 year old is a big gamble.

191291[/snapback]

Regular international who has played in serie A for years and scored goals in the champions league. Not much more he can do to prove himself tbh!

191330[/snapback]

By unproven I meant in the Premier League? Have you not seen the Luque youtube video? :blink:

191289[/snapback]

191291[/snapback]

191330[/snapback]

And so were Veron, Morientes et al.

The top and bottom of it is this: a transfer window places restrictions on a club and requires them to plan in place in order to achieve the goals of their transfer policy. Basically it requires you to act professionally.

And that's where it all falls down with the fat arsehole. We have no professionalism, no planning and no transfer policy. We simply react as players become available, whether we need them or not.

So when clubs don't want to sell their valuable players in the summer before the season starts, why should they want to sell them in September, October, November etc.? Hmm...

191381[/snapback]

What do you make a the protracted negotiations for Ashley Cole?

So when clubs don't want to sell their valuable players in the summer before the season starts, why should they want to sell them in September, October, November etc.? Hmm...

191381[/snapback]

191387[/snapback]

Sorry, me Keeganite foreigner, me nichts understand.

191381[/snapback]

191387[/snapback]

191394[/snapback]

Luftboy! :blink: (sorry, I don't know the Gorman for boy :blush: )

EDIT: come to think of it, Luft is probably Gorman for 'air' rather than 'sky' :)

Sorry, I'm in spazz mode today :blink:

Edited by snakehips

191381[/snapback]

191387[/snapback]

191394[/snapback]

Luftboy! :blink: (sorry, I don't know the Gorman for boy :blush: )

EDIT: come to think of it, Luft is probably Gorman for 'air' rather than 'sky' :)

Sorry, I'm in spazz mode today :blink:

191400[/snapback]

"Himmeljunge" is what you're looking for...

191394[/snapback]

Keeganite? Roederite tbqfh.

Instead of asking leading questions, I'll just say what I mean. :blink:

There's plenty of other clubs, far better run than ours, that have failed in getting the players they needed in (eg. Man U) and that have used the full extent of the window to broker their deals (eg. Arsenal). I just see some posts that seem to be measuring Newcastle by different standards than other clubs.

Basically, planned correctly, the tactics Shepherd's using are sound, but there appears to be no clear strategy in his case; and even the best laid plans often go awry.

191394[/snapback]

There's plenty of other clubs, far better run than ours, that have failed in getting the players they needed in (eg. Man U) and that have used the full extent of the window to broker their deals (eg. Arsenal). I just see some posts that seem to be measuring Newcastle by different standards than other clubs.

Basically, planned correctly, the tactics Shepherd's using are sound, but there appears to be no clear strategy in his case; and even the best laid plans often go awry.

191407[/snapback]

I do only agree to a very limited extent. Most of the clubs where in a position where they could broker their deals because they had done their major business beforehand. Of course ManUre failed to lure Hargreaves to Munich, but he would only have been a luxury to their already well stocked squad. And they also felt in the end that they are in a position to let two of their strikers go. Arsenal/Chelsea as well as Arsenal/Madrid were long on-going sagas where maybe the end of the window even helped to end this ridiculous drama. Again for Chelsea Cole was only a luxury. They had their major transfer deals done long before and would have coped without him. Newcastle weren't in this position. They desperately needed strengthening in key areas. It wasn't just about some finishing touches in the end. And that why I do measure it by different standards.

191394[/snapback]

191407[/snapback]

Precisely. Completely paranoid, and lacking in sound judgement, is what it is.

Someone said we should have spent 15m quid on more players. Bollocks. Spending 15m quid on 5 players would get us exactly nowhere other than treading the path clubs like Birmingham etc take. Speaking about Birmingham, aren't they run by good ambitous men, 2 of the richest men in the UK ? Better than Fred of course :blink::blush:

It is absolutely right and proper the club tries to buy quality footballers, in the managers judgement. If you can't buy the ones you want then a short term one will do, while waiting for the one you want. The players we have brought in have been for the areas that were most needed ie left back, and at least 2 forwards. If 15m quid was the limit of the budget then its tough shit really, that is the name of the game and people need to get real and realise we can't spend 50m quid every year or every player who is available.

I do only agree to a very limited extent. Most of the clubs where in a position where they could broker their deals because they had done their major business beforehand. Of course ManUre failed to lure Hargreaves to Munich, but he would only have been a luxury to their already well stocked squad. And they also felt in the end that they are in a position to let two of their strikers go. Arsenal/Chelsea as well as Arsenal/Madrid were long on-going sagas where maybe the end of the window even helped to end this ridiculous drama. Again for Chelsea Cole was only a luxury. They had their major transfer deals done long before and would have coped without him. Newcastle weren't in this position. They desperately needed strengthening in key areas. It wasn't just about some finishing touches in the end. And that why I do measure it by different standards.

191423[/snapback]

Fair point, and it's for that reason that this window has been an unmitigated disaster. Then again, one has to feel that Roeder is the man who did not stregthen in the right places, unless we're now going to assume that FS has total control of the transfers (something Robson strenuously denied in the autobiography).

191423[/snapback]

Fair point, and it's for that reason that this window has been an unmitigated disaster. Then again, one has to feel that Roeder is the man who did not stregthen in the right places, unless we're now going to assume that FS has total control of the transfers (something Robson strenuously denied in the autobiography).

191427[/snapback]

So where did you think we should have strengthened the team/squad ?

Why do people think this was such as disaster? What did you expect after souness spent so much money over the last year and a half, i think spending 15 million on two class players was more than we could have hoped for the and other 3 signinings were just a bonus. The only bad bit of business we did was selling bowyer.

Get off fredys back he is a class chairman who has put so much money into the team that hasnt won a single trophy and spends most seasons in mid table. What more can you want than attracting top players like owen,martins and duff? we aint man utd or chelsea we dont have unlimited funds.

191428[/snapback]

The same places Roeder did in his attempts to sign Neill, Huth, Knight and Bridge.

The first 3 could have been attempted a lot earlier to allow time for to and fro bidding and persuasion - thats what is pissing me and a lot of other off.

191428[/snapback]

The same places Roeder did in his attempts to sign Neill, Huth, Knight and Bridge.

The first 3 could have been attempted a lot earlier to allow time for to and fro bidding and persuasion - thats what is pissing me and a lot of other off.

191436[/snapback]

So you think we should have gone into the season with only Ameobi and Luque up front ?

why does everybody blame me? si berk ski will be a good buy for the long term, and barnys for free. what more do you expect the window shut at 12 and i was in bed at 11 phoning millner to come home, that was just a complete mix up with roedeer i told him to get rid of a whinger not a winger. you could not make it up it just happens

Keeganite?  Roederite tbqfh.

There's plenty of other clubs, far better run than ours, that have failed in getting the players they needed in (eg. Man U) and that have used the full extent of the window to broker their deals (eg. Arsenal).  I just see some posts that seem to be measuring Newcastle by different standards than other clubs.

191407[/snapback]

Shepherd, himself, likened the transfer window to a game of poker. Unfortunately, the way I see it, Shepherd is the fat bloke in the corner, sweating profusely, and is desperate for a change in his luck. As we all know, in poker, you have to be able to keep your true feelings hidden or your oponents will suss you out!! I get the feeling Shepherd was sussed out long ago and the major players are just toying with him.

191428[/snapback]

191436[/snapback]

So you think we should have gone into the season with only Ameobi and Luque up front ?

191443[/snapback]

Everybody knew that this wasn't a acceptable scenario. Roeder was right in saying that he needed six players. Though, I think that's where it stops. IMHO it was a huge mistake to wait for six weeks after Roeder's appointment to really start with the transfer business. After Roeder first said that he can't afford a holiday because there were too many things to prepare for the next season I found it strange that only a short time later he was saying he was going on holiday to Turkey. Waiting for the WC to end to start doing the transfer business was absolutely nonsense. I was surprised (not pleasantly) when I read Roeder's comment about how he has to sit together with the Chairman to talk about the transfer deals - that was at the end of June. What the fuck were they doing before. In recent days we got told that Roeder had identified Huth as his preferred choice for central defence. I am not too unhappy that we missed on him as he is vastly overprized at 6m. But what people forget is that Huth had already agreed a deal long before that only collapsed because Huth failed a medcial the first time. That was during the World Cup, i.e. before Newcastle were even starting doing their transfer business. So in my eyes Newcastle wasted about at least six weeks during this transfer window. Of course it might not be perfect, but as long as it exists you have to cope with it. Newcastle's aproach was a tad bit unprofessional if you ask me.

How can he blame the window?

Its not as if the deadline is going to dissapear if the fat useless cunt closes his eyes.

He knew the window would close - he knew what we needed - he knew he''d have to put the effort in.

What a prize fucking plum.