Holiday suggestions

Kid Dynamite

Im after a long weekend away in the first couple of weeks in december. I want somewhere christmasy, snowing, christmas markets, that sort of thing to take the gf.

Preferably on an easyjet, ryanair £50-60 return type flight from newcastle.

Any ideas?

Im after a long weekend away in the first couple of weeks in december. I want somewhere christmasy, snowing, christmas markets, that sort of thing to take the gf.

Preferably on an easyjet, ryanair £50-60 return type flight from newcastle.

Any ideas?

191701[/snapback]

There's always the classic German or Belgian markets. For a bit of a different slant on it you could always go to Salzberg or Vienna. Have a look at this for your destinations and then maybe look at arranging your own travel and accomodation..

http://www.travelsphere.co.uk/website/intr...mark-intro.aspx

If you get stuck then there's a European Christmas market on in Manchester in the first couple of weeks in December. Head for St Ann's Square :blink:

I love these christmas market trips. Im going on one, though its only Newquay, but its a good hotel with full board plus coach travel and really cheap....Not much chance of that snow mind :blink:

Prague would be abit special i think, a friend of mine is doing an Italian Alpine christmassy trip, sounds really romantic 'sigh' :blink:

I think Thompsons is doing an autumn special of £15 for a flight to Prague at the moment so you may get a deal near Christmas aswell. Worth looking into and mebbes booking early anyway.

Oslo looks cheap and theres tons of xmas stuff on. Did anyone go there for our game? whats it like?

191717[/snapback]

Oslo is really expensive. £5-6 per pint easy. I would recommend going somewhere cheaper.

191771[/snapback]

Too bloody true - one of the most expensive cities in the world - I think you're confusing getting there (or to Torp Airport) with the place itself - little cheap accomodation. food and booze is UNBELEIVABLY expensive and don't even think of taking a taxi unless you want to sell a kidney

People are friendly mind and all speak superb english

V beautiful at Christmas but very dark all the time - only about 4 hours of dusk

Aaamm off there in a couple of weeks but its on business

Dad and bro are off to Marmaris tonight.  Let's hope they've stopped their bombing  :blush:

191786[/snapback]

your dad and brother are terrorists? :blink:

191826[/snapback]

:blink:

I bloody hate Christmas markets. They are totally packed with mentally retarded people who are gethering together in front of stands selling trumpery of absolutely no usage and worth. Annoyning Christmas songs all over the place and the average walking speed is 5 meters per hour. I don't set a foot into town when it is, thankfully where I live they only do it on one extended weekend and not over several weeks as in other towns.

But if you are in for this nonsense than in Jormany the best shout is Nuremberg where is probably the most famous Christmas market. Outside of Jormany I would recommend Vienna, which is supposed to have a famous market and is an interesting city to visit in general.

Dad and bro are off to Marmaris tonight.  Let's hope they've stopped their bombing  :blush:

191786[/snapback]

191826[/snapback]

I bloody hate Christmas markets. They are totally packed with mentally retarded people who are gethering together in front of stands selling trumpery of absolutely no usage and worth. Annoyning Christmas songs all over the place and the average walking speed is 5 meters per hour. I don't set a foot into town when it is, thankfully where I live they only do it on one extended weekend and not over several weeks as in other towns.

But if you are in for this nonsense than in Jormany the best shout is Nuremberg where is probably the most famous Christmas market. Outside of Jormany I would recommend Vienna, which is supposed to have a famous market and is an interesting city to visit in general.

191839[/snapback]

he famous Jorman sense of Humour ? no??

Relax friend - be more like the Austrians!!!

191786[/snapback]

191826[/snapback]

191839[/snapback]

he famous Jorman sense of Humour ? no??

Relax friend - be more like the Austrians!!!

191868[/snapback]

Oh, I think I am relaxed. But everybody who is enjoying Christmas markets and even buying stuff there needs is head sorted. FAKT HEIL

Dad and bro are off to Marmaris tonight.  Let's hope they've stopped their bombing  :)

191786[/snapback]

your dad and brother are terrorists? :blush:

191826[/snapback]

191839[/snapback]

Best vocabulary choice ever. :blink:

Christmas starts in Britain around the second week of October.  :blink:

Let me know what Prague's like, I'm being dragged over there for my stag do.

192092[/snapback]

You should czech first tbh.

*groans*

• 3 years later...

I'd suggest taking up Halifax's Clarity card and using it for all your holiday spending......

The Clarity card from Halifax has no foreign exchange fee anywhere in the world, so you can get the best rate possible.

Plus it doesn't charge for cash withdrawals, although you will be charged interest even if you repay in full.

The rate for cash withdrawals is a fairly low 12.9% APR (this rate is 'typical' which means two thirds of those that are accepted will get it, the rest will be charged up to 21.9%). This works out as around £1 per month for every £100 withdrawn.

This card is top for spending abroad and can only be beaten by Nationwide debit card for ATM withdrawals within Europe

I've got a Santander zero. Although there's no interest if you repay in full, the rate of interest could reach 28% if you didn't and there's a £10 charge if you don't use it for 6 months. It's only available to existing customers but the Halifax card seems to beat it if you want to pay off your holiday spending over a few months at a lower rate......or even better if you want to put your spending money onto the card then use it while abroad without the worry of losing your currency or getting it stolen.

Edited by Happy Face