Even more insulting than "Geordie women are dogs"

Gemmill

Perhaps our timing was wrong. If we had signed Damien Duff or Oba Martins on transfer deadline day our fans would have been dancing in the street.

In other words, "Our fans are idiots. All I need to do is give them big money signings and they will be blind to everything else." I missed this yesterday, but that's how low his opinion is of the fans' intelligence. :blink:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps our timing was wrong. If we had signed Damien Duff or Oba Martins on transfer deadline day our fans would have been dancing in the street.

In other words, "Our fans are idiots. All I need to do is give them big money signings and they will be blind to everything else." I missed this yesterday, but that's how low his opinion is of the fans' intelligence. :blink:

191776[/snapback]

He's totally deluded :blink:

He is SO out of touch it is untrue.

DUFF, MARTINS = £16 mill (£7.5 really) - not dancing, not even tapping my fucking foot.

BRIDGE, CAMPBELL, HASSELBAINK, NUGENT, EASTWOOD, GRAVESEN = Might have inspired me to skip about a bit cost = circa £10/11 mill (less Boum, Faye dosh etc, could even STILL have had Duff as well )

How fucking difficult is that !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Toonpack

Is he seriously suggesting we should deliberately hold back signings until the last minute to appease the idiot section of our fanbase?

What's even more amazing is that he has actually come out and said this, let alone thought it!

If anyone has A LOT of free time on their hands, would it be interesting to log all the crass comments and idiotic decisions this fat prick has made over the past 10 years?

Is he seriously suggesting we should deliberately hold back signings until the last minute to appease the idiot section of our fanbase?

What's even more amazing is that he has actually come out and said this, let alone thought it!

If anyone has A LOT of free time on their hands, would it be interesting to log all the crass comments and idiotic decisions this fat prick has made over the past 10 years?

191800[/snapback]

http://en.thinkexist.com/quotes/freddy_shepherd/

he has got a point though no matter how insulting. If they had signed Duff and Martins on deadline day a fair portion of fans would be ecstatic. 99% did it last year with Owen

191795[/snapback]

True, but the point is that he clearly believes that the way forward is catering to and getting himself a round of applause from the idiot element rather than improving the squad where it needs it.

191776[/snapback]

the truth hurts.

He's right again, the truth hurts. Some fans are idiots. Sign a quality player and its a PR stunt, sign a journeyman and the club lacks ambition and is shite, seems to be the order of the day and the attitude of many.

191776[/snapback]

the truth hurts.

He's right again, the truth hurts. Some fans are idiots. Sign a quality player and its a PR stunt, sign a journeyman and the club lacks ambition and is shite, seems to be the order of the day and the attitude of many.

191808[/snapback]

No, the fact that that's his attitude is what hurts.

What he's said shows he has complete contempt for the intelligence of toon fans, even though for some fans what he said is exactly true that they would be that stupid!

191815[/snapback]

It's kids and windowlickers that turn up like morons when we sign a big name player. Does he really want to run a football club with these people in mind? Jesus we may as well let a bairn run the place if they're going to be the driving factor behind our transfer policy. Until we get out of this mentality of turning up to a player signing as if we were parading a trophy, he'll continue to run the place with those sort of days in mind. Shepherd's proudest days as chairman are not when we win matches but when he gets to play the big I AM in front of an adoring crowd and the press corps.

What he's said shows he has complete contempt for the intelligence of toon fans, even though for some fans what he said is exactly true that they would be that stupid!

191815[/snapback]

It's kids and windowlickers that turn up like morons when we sign a big name player. Does he really want to run a football club with these people in mind? Jesus we may as well let a bairn run the place if they're going to be the driving factor behind our transfer policy. Until we get out of this mentality of turning up to a player signing as if we were parading a trophy, he'll continue to run the place with those sort of days in mind. Shepherd's proudest days as chairman are not when we win matches but when he gets to play the big I AM in front of an adoring crowd and the press corps.

191821[/snapback]

:blink:

Fat Fred and the windowlickers...sounds like it could be a new band which means he could pursue that and leave his job as chairman!

He definitley loves all that stuff though, just as he loves it when he's on Sky spouting his usual bollocks. And things like his "special relationship" with Madrid!

191776[/snapback]

the truth hurts.

191808[/snapback]

Is that you Freddy? :blink:

he has got a point though no matter how insulting. If they had signed Duff and Martins on deadline day a fair portion of fans would be ecstatic. 99% did it last year with Owen

191795[/snapback]

Rubbish!

It was clear that we needed to strengthen our defence and buy more than one long term quality striker and he had plenty of time to do this. A Man-City reject (panic buy) Bernard (panic buy) and Rossi (panic buy) who were all brought in last minute. Not good enough and the fact he blames the transfer window and insults our intelligence by saying something like that says what a complete and utter fat twat he is.

191795[/snapback]

Rubbish!

It was clear that we needed to strengthen our defence and buy more than one long term quality striker and he had plenty of time to do this. A Man-City reject (panic buy) Bernard (panic buy) and Rossi (panic buy) who were all brought in last minute. Not good enough and the fact he blames the transfer window and insults our intelligence by saying something like that says what a complete and utter fat twat he is.

191828[/snapback]

huh

whats rubbish? Im struggling to see what your reply has to do with my post tbh

Edited by luckypierre

191795[/snapback]

Rubbish!

191828[/snapback]

huh

191829[/snapback]

I think you must have changed the 'fair portion of fans' part by the looks of it as I read it that you had agreed by him saying 'our fans would have been dancing in the street' meaning all our supporters. :blink:

I'm in the despicable but true camp.

Shepherd and Hall before him see us as wallets to be emptied - the fact that it feeds his ego when 15k mongs turn up at a signing is just a bonus to him.

191795[/snapback]

Rubbish!

191828[/snapback]

huh

191829[/snapback]

I think you must have changed the 'fair portion of fans' part by the looks of it as I read it that you had agreed by him saying 'our fans would have been dancing in the street' meaning all our supporters. :blink:

191830[/snapback]

nope, never edited that bit, just a few typos, and it was edited an hour before you posted :blink:

need glasses dude

I still think it would be a very large portion if not a majority. The few on here and NO who werent ecstatic about Owen were ridiculed. We needed the same postions strengthening then as we do now

Edited by luckypierre

Shepherd and Hall before him see us as wallets to be emptied - the fact that it feeds his ego when 15k mongs turn up at a signing is just a bonus to him.

191831[/snapback]

Even if it is true, to say it publically is nothing but crass stupidity yet again and another PR disaster!

Edited by Renton

191831[/snapback]

Even if it is true, to say it publically is nothing but crass stupidity yet again and another PR disaster!

191834[/snapback]

True but the only surprise to me is that he didn't phrase it as "the geordie nation" would have been dancing in the streets.

I think he an Oliver share a mindset where the people who turn up at the signings (the "nation") swallow their "Geordie" vision to the last stottie cake. See his reaction to the Hitzfeld thing - the last thing that would occur to him is that intelligent fans had looked about and identified a good candidate (whoever that may be) so it had to be outsiders attempting a betting coup.

In his world we're all unemployed morons who are ready to hit SJP in our strips which we wear 24/7 at a moments notice for the world to see - God knows how he thinks we can afford STs.

In other words, "Our fans are idiots. All I need to do is give them big money signings and they will be blind to everything else." I missed this yesterday, but that's how low his opinion is of the fans' intelligence. :blush:

191776[/snapback]

This is starting to become scary, Gemmill, as I was going to start a thread this morning on the exact same subject :blink::blink:

I found his comments a complete insult tbh.

I've just read the thread, and some of the comments that he is telling the truth are a little misguided imo.

Shepherd aimed the comments at who exactly? The mongs that turn up to the hollywood signings, or the more astute supporters amongst us? WHOEVER he aimed the comments at they were a fuckin insult PLAIN AND SIMPLE and should NOT come from the Chairman and be aimed at any section of the company's clientel!!! :blink::blink:

Had he indeed signed Martins and Duff on the last day, I am fairly sure the majority of the 'thinkers' amongst the fans would have had raised eyebrows as to where the defenders were amongst the signings, not sent him txts of 'well done, Freddie, you've done it again big fella'.