Stevie G Tips Crouch To Break Record

Tooj

Steven Gerrard believes that Peter Crouch has a terrific chance of becoming England's all-time record scorer.

The striker scored his ninth and tenth goals for England during the 5-0 demolition of Andorra on Saturday, no mean feat considering that he only opened his international account against Uruguay in March.

And team-mate Gerrard feels that Crouch possesses the finishing abilities to eventually overhaul Bobby Charlton's record of 49 goals for England.

"Peter's goal record is frightening and it's great to see as well," hailed Gerrard. "I am sure he will be disappointed not to have got another hat-trick because he had a good chance at the end as well.

"If Crouchy gets the right service, he is going to put the ball in the back of the net because he is a great finisher. I hope he beats Bobby Charlton's record."

Crouch famously went through a long barren spell in front of goal when he first joined Liverpool, but he is now on top form and determined to cash in.

"I am pleased with the record I've got. We are a creative team and it's great to play in a team like this when you are going to get chances and I got a couple today," he said.

"I am enjoying it. There have been times when I haven't scored but at the minute it's happening and if you can't enjoy it when you are scoring goals, you never will.

"I do love playing here. I love playing for England. It's an attacking team and I know I am going to get chances. I was disappointed not to get the hat-trick.

"Steven Gerrard said to me about Bobby Charlton's record in the dressing room. I've just got to keep on going. I am enjoying myself at the moment and have just got to keep going."

Gerrard excelled on the right of midfield against Andorra, but he feels that coach Steve McClaren should be recognised for his decision to switch him from the centre.

"The manager deserves credit for giving me freedom to express myself and I've always said you will get the best out of me if I am free and allowed to go forward and set up attacks and get shots on goal," he explained.

"I've still got a responsibility out there but the manager wants me to express myself and get crosses into the box and join up with the front men, get into the box and get chances.

"The manager asked us to play at a high tempo.

"He wanted a clean sheet and 11 men on the pitch at the end and we did the job.

"But he also said there will be harder games and we have to build on these performances against Greece and Andorra."

Crouch hasn't a chance in hell, but better that his team mates back him and give him confidence.

The only players with a chance are Owen (if he comes back strong enough after the injury) and perhaps Rooney, though for all he's an amazing player i don't know if Rooney will get quite enough goals to beat the record, could depend on how many years he plays for.

Edited by Papa Lazaru

I'm not going to 'stoop' to dignify this twaddle with a response.

I wish Gerrard would shut his fucking mouth, he's 'penning' pieces in different papers every bloody day.  Not got enough money you spoilt git?    Shut it, Steven.  :blink:

191854[/snapback]

'dog, can you give me a completely HONEST answer on something, with no spin?

Is The Sun still boycotted on Merseyside? And if so, is it to the same extent as it was?

Y'knaa aam baffled

I've seen all of the GREAT English strikers of the last

Greavsie, Shearer, Horst, Lineker, Owen, Platt, robson...............

and people like Wyn the leap, Allchurch, Len White, Pop Robson ,CLoughie

and Peter Crouch isn't fit to lace their boots...................... but his recent record (mainly against rubbish ) is startling

all I can think is that they haven't figured him out yet - when they do...........

I'm not going to 'stoop' to dignify this twaddle with a response.

I wish Gerrard would shut his fucking mouth, he's 'penning' pieces in different papers every bloody day.  Not got enough money you spoilt git?    Shut it, Steven.  :blink:

191854[/snapback]

'dog, can you give me a completely HONEST answer on something, with no spin?

Is The Sun still boycotted on Merseyside? And if so, is it to the same extent as it was?

191859[/snapback]

My completely honest answer with no spin is I have no idea. :blink:

Its a daft thing to say. For him to come close to the record he's going to have to be an England regular for years to come, and even if he keeps up the current scoring rate he'll have to get another 40 caps - can't see that happening really.

Seriously why are you slagging him still, ffs.

This could be my first argument on here, if Crouch played for you he would be an hero now Shearers fucked off.

Goals against Andora, okay they were shit, name me the shit sides in the last 9 games, even Greece are Euro fucking champions, get a fuckin life and pick on ermmmmmmmm someone like the greedy twat called Lampard.

Seriously why are you slagging him still, ffs.

This could be my first argument on here, if Crouch played for you he would be an hero now Shearers fucked off.

Goals against Andora, okay they were shit, name me the shit sides in the last 9 games, even Greece are Euro fucking champions, get a fuckin life and pick on ermmmmmmmm someone like the greedy twat called Lampard.

191992[/snapback]

They do, trust me.

Apart from the last line, I actually agree with your post.

Crouch has done well for England but he's having a 'purple patch' regarding goals. Can't see him breaking the record as he's never been prolific at club level.

I quite like Crouch, the stick he got when he first played for England was disgusting imo. Being booed by England fans ffs. Always plays well up here. Bit of a gangly freak, but effective.

192090[/snapback]

Wouldn't want to see the rest of it! :blink:

Seriously, I reckon that's why he gets most of his abuse, he's a handy player and I'd love him in our side.

Has the mad scouser just opened his post complaining about irrational hatred of another team's player, and closed with irrational hatred of another team's player?

...rational.

Crouch Goals

Friendly Uruguay 1

Friendly Hungary 1

Friendly Jamacia 3

WC06    T&T      1

Friendly Greece  2

Euro08  Andorra  2

Hardly special now. I will start taking notice when he scores against Brazil, Argentina and Germany.

192228[/snapback]

One of them against Jamaica was an obvious own goal.

Plus, he only scored against Trinity Tobacco because he pulled the defenders pigtails like a girly.

But then what do i know, i'm just a Jock. :lol:

It's nailed on to be honest, Crouchino is a fantastic player who has proven he can do it against the best international teams and he's now undroppable. I'd be surprised if he didn't get 50 international goals.

Liniker and Greaves both scored plenty against shite sides, the differnence is Liniker and Freaves also did it against the good sides too, that lanky streak of piss doesnt!

194544[/snapback]

Comedy lookey-likey double act?