Crocodile hunter Steve Irwin dead.

catmag

Filming a documentary off the Queensland coast and was pierced in the chest by a stingray apparently. Always thought he was a bit of a nutter but sad news as he has a young daughter. RIP.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

r104739322148zd4.jpgr104737322139fn9.jpg

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200609/s1732439.htm

Steve Irwin dead

The naturalist and television star Steve Irwin has died in a diving accident in far north Queensland. He was 44.

Police say he was stung through the heart by a stingray while diving off Port Douglas. He was filming a documentary when the accident occurred around midday AEST near the Low Isles. A helicopter arrived with paramedics on board to try to resuscitate him, but it was too late.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/5311298.stm

'Crocodile Hunter' Irwin killed

Australian environmentalist and television personality Steve Irwin has died during a diving accident.

Mr Irwin, 44, was killed by a stingray barb to the chest while he was filming an underwater documentary in Queensland's Great Barrier Reef.

:blink:

RIP - I guess he's died doing what he loved doing but jesus, that sounds absolutely horrific..

192020[/snapback]

Being stabbed in the heart by stingrays?

192021[/snapback]

:blink:

Sad news. Strange one though; stingrays aren't aggressive unless it's threatened - it wouldn't retaliate on a human unless it's being pinned down. If he was pierced through the chest, it would mean that he didn't accidently step on it, so what the hell was he doing to it?

Bloody hell - he seemed invincible.

i remember thinking a few years ago that it was only a matter of time before he died but he seemed to have calmed down a bit recently after his daughter arrived.

the guys a legend. i bet the whole of australia is gutted.

:blink::blink::blush::):blush::):icon_lol::lol::lol::lol:

Only think I can think he was doing was swimming along with it and was slightly behind it. The ray's felt threatened and had him.

Terribly sad for his family. Those kids aren't very old at all, are they? :blink:

No not at all :blink:

Thing is I can almost hear his voice...

"crikey, dont be mad at the stingray, it was only doing what it does naturally"

We wont see another Steve :blink:

I remember the first programme I saw on him, he was trying to find a rare snake and got incredibly excited when he found the trail of the snake he was after, he turned to the camera with the expression of an excited schoolboy and declared...."Rat poo!" Had me pissing myself so days.

RIP

Amazing! Two young kids, a major wildlife Australian Zoo, highly successful television series, countless TV episodes and two Hollywood films yet he still plays with death. I do feel sorry for his wife and kids more than anything, but what an idiot. He would have been messing around with it thinking he was one with nature again, despite the risks. RIP

Amazing! Two young kids, a major wildlife Australian Zoo, highly successful television series, countless TV episodes and two Hollywood films yet he still plays with death. I do feel sorry for his wife and kids more than anything, but what an idiot. He would have been messing around with it thinking he was one with nature again, despite the risks. RIP

192047[/snapback]

Sadly, that's exactly what I first thought.

He knew the risks though, and so did his wife. It's his kids who I really feel sorry for.