Crocodile hunter Steve Irwin dead.

catmag

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is Stevo anyway? I miss him (in a non-gay way :razz: ).

194586[/snapback]

Too cold for him to extend his finger and press the power button on his PC tbh :drinks:

Anyone see the footage of this on the news this morning? The bit with his daughter giving a speech saying she had the best dad in the world was touching.............but the whole thing was let down slightly by a massive floral tribute spelling out the word CRIKEY. I'm not lying.

I saw the flowers spelling CRIKEY. Very strange. Also, what the hell was going on with all the animals they had out there? It was no Seaworld like.

Thought for a cheery moment hey were going to sacrifice them..................

"The service, at Mr Irwin's Crocoseum stadium in Queensland, was broadcast by three of Australia's TV networks.

The tributes were led by Australian Prime Minister John Howard, who said Mr Irwin had taught people to love and respect all creatures, great and small. Mr Irwin died after being spiked in the chest by the barb of a stingray.

The one-hour ceremony was set to music as speakers paid tribute to the 44-year-old, who was famous for his stunts with crocodiles and other dangerous reptiles. Footage was shown of the television presenter falling out of boats, being lunged at by crocodiles and lizards and forgetting his lines.

Employees of Mr Irwin's zoo staged a guard of honour as his pick-up truck drove past, bearing the late naturalist's camping gear and favourite surfboard.

The employees then laid yellow flowers on the ground of the stadium, spelling out Irwin's catchphrase, "Crikey".

'Touched millions'

Hollywood actors Russell Crowe and Cameron Diaz were among those paying tribute to the naturalist.

Animals were also present at the memorial service

"I know as humble as you always were, you would still be pleased to know that the world sends its love and people all over the planet have been grieving," Mr Crowe said.

One of the most touching speeches was made by Steve Irwin's eight-year-old daughter Bindi.

"My daddy was a hero - he was always there for me when I needed him," said the youngster, who like her mother Terri and two-year-old brother Robert, was wearing Steve Irwin's trademark khaki. She said her father had been "working to change the world so everyone would love wildlife like he did. I don't want daddy's passion to ever end. I want to help endangered wildlife just like he did," Bindi Irwin said.

"I have the best daddy in the whole world and I will miss him every day," she said. "When I see a crocodile, I will always think of him."

Mr Howard said Steve Irwin had "touched the hearts of Australians and touched the hearts of millions around the world in a very special way. He brought to Australians and the world an understanding of nature," the prime minister said. "

BARF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!