Take over

Kevin Carr's Gloves

I have been considering this takeover talk for some time. I would like to at this time say I hate FFS.

I have always wondered how a consortium were expecting to make money from NUFC. They are a hedge fund and that is their raison d'etre.

Then I heard something on radio 5 when listening to the Argentina / Brazil game. They were talking about the Tevez / Javier signings for West Ham. They were talking about how in South America sometimes the clubs didnt own the registrations for the palyers. In some cases they had sold them to finance companies to raise money.

It was at this point a thought struck me. Would it be possible for a company to take over at NUFC. Sell all of the players to a second arm of it's finance corp at a severely reduced rate. Then Divest itself of the club recouping most of it's outlay but sitting with approx 80 Million pounds (Guestimate including all players) worth of players it can sell to anyone at anytime?

Maybe the accountants can fill me in on this.

Edited by Kevin Carr's Gloves

I have been considering this takeover talk for some time. I would like to at this time say I hate FFS.

I have always wondered how a consortium were expecting to make money from NUFC. They are a hedge fund and that is their raison d'etre.

Then I heard something on radio 5 when listening to the Argentina / Brazil game. They were talking about the Tevez / Javier signings for West Ham. They were talking about how in South America sometimes the clubs didnt own the registrations for the palyers. In some cases they had sold them to finance companies to raise money.

It was at this point a thought struck me. Would it be possible for a company to take over at NUFC. Sell all of the players to a second arm of it's finance corp at a severely reduced rate. Then Divest itself of the club recouping most of it's outlay but sitting with approx 80 Million pounds (Guestimate including all players) worth of players it can sell to anyone at anytime?

Maybe the accountants can fill me in on this.

192023[/snapback]

Well Im no expert on this at all but I would have thought that wasnt possible because

at the time of buying the club the players would be down as an asset and therefore would add (using your guesstimate) 80 million to the price. On selling the club these players would not be shown on the books and therefore they couldnt sell it for anything like the price they bought it.

Or am I missing a trick?