GIVEN

RAMAGE TAYLOR MOORE BABA

DUFF PARKER EMRE ZOGGY

AMEOBI MARTINS

SUBS

HARPER

BUTT

MILNER

BERNARD/DYER?? (APPARENTLY FIT AGAIN ON THE 9TH)

SIBIESKI

PATTISON

O'BRIEN

NOBBY

I agree with your midfield like. You have to put the Zog in, and Duff can play on the right. Whether he likes to play there is debatable. As much as I like Nobby, he's doesn't seem to add anything to the team at the minute. I don't expect to see much of Shola this season, reckon not having that hip operation has been a big mistake.

I agree with your midfield like. You have to put the Zog in, and Duff can play on the right. Whether he likes to play there is debatable. As much as I like Nobby, he's doesn't seem to add anything to the team at the minute. I don't expect to see much of Shola this season, reckon not having that hip operation has been a big mistake.

192074[/snapback]

It says something about the state of our squad that that's a bad thing, no, a terrible thing! I'd probably drop Emre for Butt.

reading sum of your posts im actually really shocked at your suggestions.. leaving out solano and playing nzogbia wide right ? hmmm mine wud look a little like this

1 - GIVEN

2- CARR

3 - TAYLOR

4 - BRAMBLE

5 - BERNARD

6 - SOLANO

7 - PARKER

8- N'ZOGBIA

9- DUFF

10 -AMEOBI

11- MARTINS

................................Given.................................

Baba...............Taylor.............Bramble..............Bernard

(Is 2 footed and

better than Carr, just)

Duff......................Parker......Emre..................Zoggy

...........................Ameobi.....Martins..........................

Harper

Moore

Butt

Luque/Milner/Solano/Pattison/O'Brien

Rossi

Edited by ChocChip

Agree with most. I think Carr is a better right back than Babayaro though. Would probably play Taylor right-back and Babayaro left-back but if Bernard can recapture his old form, I'd play him there.

Agree with most. I think Carr is a better right back than Babayaro though. Would probably play Taylor right-back and Babayaro left-back but if Bernard can recapture his old form, I'd play him there.

192460[/snapback]

It's touch'n'go for me. Carr is soooo bad, going forward and defensively. Baba i think offers a bit more in attack and has more recovery pace than Carr who is the slowest player on the turn EVER! Carr is a better competitor though. I think Baba gets a bit of bad press imo.

192460[/snapback]

It's touch'n'go for me. Carr is soooo bad, going forward and defensively. Baba i think offers a bit more in attack and has more recovery pace than Carr who is the slowest player on the turn EVER! Carr is a better competitor though. I think Baba gets a bit of bad press imo.

192476[/snapback]

Well I've stuck up for Babayaro (and Carr) in the past but I think both (particularly Babayaro) have struggled so far this season.

Edited by alex

...................Given.......................

Taylor...Bramble...Moore...Bernard

........Duff.....Parker...N'Zogbia.......

....................Dyer......................

.............Ameobi...Martins............

DYER?? (APPARENTLY FIT AGAIN ON THE 9TH)

192059[/snapback]

:lol:

192080[/snapback]

Aye, and injured again on the 10th.

Given

Taylor - Bramble - Moore

Solano - Parker - Butt - Emre - Zoggy

Martins - Duff

Harper

Babayaro

Rossi

Carr.

192655[/snapback]

Noelie, don't you remember our disasterous experiments with 3-5-2 in the past :lol:

DYER?? (APPARENTLY FIT AGAIN ON THE 9TH)

192059[/snapback]

192080[/snapback]

Aye, and injured again on the 10th.

Given

Taylor - Bramble - Moore

Solano - Parker - Butt - Emre - Zoggy

Martins - Duff

Harper

Babayaro

Rossi

Carr.

192655[/snapback]

Noelie, don't you remember our disasterous experiments with 3-5-2 in the past :lol:

192669[/snapback]

Yes I do Doctor but;

I think Solano, Parker, Butt, and perhaps Zoggy are capable of tracking back to support the back 3.

I think all 5 of the mid-field are also capable of getting forward to support the front 2.

And I think to partner Martins with Duff as twin strikers will provide a lot of activity in the box, Duff is capable of providing a lot of movement in the front line.

192074[/snapback]

Vs. Fulham

Formation: 4-4-1-1

Given

Babayaro

Bramble

Moore

Carr

N’Zogbia

Emre

Parker

Milner

Duff

Martins

---------

Harper

Taylor

Butt

Solano

Rossi

Best XI (when all fit):

Formation: 4-4-2

Given

Babayaro

Bramble

Moore

Taylor

N’Zogbia

Dyer

Parker

Duff

Martins

Owen

---------

Harper

Carr

Emre

Milner

Ameobi

Solano

Rossi

Vs. Fulham

Formation: 4-4-1-1

Given

Babayaro

Bramble

Moore

Carr

N’Zogbia

Emre

Parker

Milner

Duff

Martins

---------

Harper

Taylor

Butt

Solano

Rossi

Best XI (when all fit):

Formation: 4-4-2

Given

Babayaro

Bramble

Moore

Taylor

N’Zogbia

Dyer

Parker

Duff

Martins

Owen

---------

Harper

Carr

Emre

Milner

Ameobi

Solano

Rossi

192738[/snapback]

Probably agree with best 11 although would wait til Bernard shows what he can do - if he does what he did in first spell then he is here.

Dont like Taylor at centre back neve mind right back so would put Carr back in. Not sure he is as bad as some would like to have us believe.

As for Saturday. I wouldnt pick Milner for any NUFC side. He tries hard but he is one paced, cant cross a ball and all too often ends up failing to provide anything either on or off the ball. Solano was excellent at the end of last season and unlike the bairns on NO I would happily give him time to regain that form.

So one man up front supported by the two wide players Duff and Zog. Push Nobby inside with Emre and Parker and make sure we win the midfield battle.

Last season against them we failed to tame their midfield - Bowyer gave the worst performance I have seen in a black and white shirt (at least Pat Heard et al went for the ball rather than his own petty battles) and we were fortunate. Prefer to do that with 3 higher up the pitch and press them.

Perfer 442 but we havent got the men to do it.

192074[/snapback]

192731[/snapback]

:lol: Did I say something wrong?

I think that, if he can regain full fitness, Dyer paired with Butt or Parker in the centre of midfield could do a good job. Would be nice to have a midfielder who regularly breaks forward and into the box, and isn't afraid to run with the ball at his feet.

192074[/snapback]

192731[/snapback]

192796[/snapback]

That's you told

192074[/snapback]

:yes

192731[/snapback]

192796[/snapback]

That's you told

192890[/snapback]

The only thing I can think of is that I said no-one has said the Zog should play wide right and, somehow, in this post I've said he should, even though I'm saying it's Duff who should play wide right. Ow..me heed. :lol: