If only Tony Blair had any balls to say this...

Geordie Boyo

Without taking sides here, I can see that one poster is right, and the other is wrong. I'm not going to mention who yet, in case I get dragged in :lol:

192417[/snapback]

No, you won’t. If I am the one in the wrong then just say so. I won’t bite your head off, that's your opinion, just explain how. I don’t mind putting my hands up if that’s the case.

192426[/snapback]

Ok, perhaps "wrong" was the wrong word anyway. I just think you're taking it a bit personally; as you said earlier in the thread, if one of your "mates" on here had said the same thing, you'd have been fine with it.

192430[/snapback]

Gol, I am a pretty sensitive person as you know and I am that way for a reason. To assume because I have banter with people on here that I'd take crap like that from someone I don't even know well I don't agree with that, IMO. For me to do that I'd be a dick, I'd rather get to know that person on here and know what kind of a person he/she is and what his humor is like before jumping the gun and taking the piss because other people do. That's just the way I look upon things and I think it's far more considerate. To be honest, I can see banter when ever it's there, if I'm not sure I won’t post back in reply, lol, but he was pretty straight forward on judging my intelligence which I found offensive when he doesn't even know me.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd agree with that but John Howard always reminds me of Les Patterson anyway so it's pretty sensible stuff for him.

192431[/snapback]

It's more what people on here make of it that interests me. Agree with the comparison, though. :lol:

The debate has strayed from the original topic somewhat :lol:

192401[/snapback]

Just to bring it back around, as I'm sure I'm now going to have to explain everything I said at some point anyway. I agree with the crux of the issue, that shariah law should not be allowed in Australia (or by easy extension the UK), but he is attacking the issue as a patriot, I do not think patriotism is a good thing and believe that we should attack oppressive religion from a human rights angle. This also allows us to push the matter further than our own countries and into foreign soil, where they are violating human rights under the banner of religion.

192427[/snapback]

I'd agree with that but John Howard always reminds me of Les Patterson anyway so it's pretty sensible stuff for him.

192431[/snapback]

It looks sensible but to be honest it is easy cheap headline grabbing lowest common denominator tub thumping.

192437[/snapback]

Hence 'for him'. Playing the patriotism card is never a great way to go about these matters. Is there an election soon by nay chance?

Obagol just PM'd me to say that GB is a hom. :lol:

192436[/snapback]

Obagol just PM'd me to say that Dotbum is a hom. :lol:

192438[/snapback]

I was just coming on to you tbh.

Gol, I am a pretty sensitive person as you know and I am that way for a reason. To assume because I have banter with people on here that I'd take crap like that from someone I don't even know well I don't agree with that, IMO. For me to do that I'd be a dick, I'd rather get to know that person on here and know what kind of a person he/she is and what his humor is like before jumping the gun and taking the piss because other people do. That's just the way I look upon things and I think it's far more considerate. To be honest, I can see banter when ever it's there, if I'm not sure I won’t post back in reply, lol, but he was pretty straight forward on judging my intelligence which I found offensive when he doesn't even know me.

192439[/snapback]

You do know I was responding to a post where you called me a "thicko" and a "big girl"? I'm not offended by that, the girlfriend says worse when I'm fucking her tbh, but is that kind of what you're saying makes me a dick?

I expect my award for Toontastic's surrealist threat of year award is all wrapped up?

192439[/snapback]

You do know I was responding to a post where you called me a "thicko" and a "big girl"? I'm not offended by that, the girlfriend says worse when I'm fucking her tbh, but is that kind of what you're saying makes me a dick?

I expect my award for Toontastic's surrealist threat of year award is all wrapped up?

192445[/snapback]

:lol:

GB, you do take things a bit seriously if you don't mind me saying; this reminds me of a flounce you had with me just before the general election. Even if DB does think you're thick, so what? People can think what they like about me and I won't be too bothered about it. You've got shades of LeazesMag style paranoia tbh - now that is an insult. :lol:

192439[/snapback]

192445[/snapback]

GB, you do take things a bit seriously if you don't mind me saying; this reminds me of a flounce you had with me just before the general election. Even if DB does think you're thick, so what? People can think what they like about me and I won't be too bothered about it. You've got shades of LeazesMag style paranoia tbh - now that is an insult. :yes

192453[/snapback]

FATTY! FATTEH! Oo you so fat! Fatteh belatteh!

You threatening me, mate? Hey, which ever way you like. Don't think because your 6'0" that makes you the big hard man because I'd be willing to prove that theory wrong.

However, moving on from your hard man antics I think it's fair to say you were questioning my integrity by saying you wouldn't want to get into a serious political discussion with me and plus might I add that I am not willing to accept other people's opinions with only the expectation that everyone should agree with me when I make a thread.

192415[/snapback]

:lol: Jaysus Boyo, go away and have a drink for half an hour. It says it on my passport too, I'm worried that customs may think I'm being aggressive now, I'll be in Gitmo before the week's out.

You called me thick, then I called you thick, that's about all there is to that tbh.

I also think that you've completely misread what I've said about everyone agreeing with you. What I meant was, I've said what I thought on the issue and you've said "There's nothing wrong in showing patriotism. You'd like to see that in every country you'd visit all though sadly it doesn't exist here. As far as infringement on human rights what's this article got to do with that? Lets not drift off to something else and turn this into a 40 odd page thread, he's talking about his country's identity (yeah I know, Australia...!) where a religious law is being pushed on society and there way of life.", basically you were pretty dismissive of my point. Just to be clear, I don't really think you expect everyone to agree with you.

192433[/snapback]

Well then I think you might have miss-read my post, tbh. I was never attacking what you said but just simply saying what I thought about patriotism.

When I said to you what's this article got to do with human rights? Again, I wasn't saying it in an aggressive way. I followed that by saying I didn't want this to turn into a 40 odd page thread and drift off topic which I thought might have happened after reading that part. That's not me saying 'do this' or 'do that' it's just me stating what might happen after seeing threads like this drift off into something entirely different when I feel quite strong about this particular topic living in the West End with a quite a big Muslim population.

I felt that it was important to know people’s feelings towards what he has said, which is why I posted this topic on N-O too.

As for the post where I did miss-read what you said I apologize. I do jump the gun if I think someone wants a scrap. As I said to Gol, I am quite sensitive, but I am also fairly laid back and easy going as I'm sure these lads & lasses on here will back me up on....wey yers' fooking better! :yes With people I don't know though yeah I can be like that. I wasn't sure if you meant you wanted to wait till after you finished work to talk about this further or....well....you can see how I might have picked it up that way. That's not me being thick, that's me being an aggressive cunt! :lol:

192439[/snapback]

192445[/snapback]

GB, you do take things a bit seriously if you don't mind me saying; this reminds me of a flounce you had with me just before the general election. Even if DB does think you're thick, so what? People can think what they like about me and I won't be too bothered about it. You've got shades of LeazesMag style paranoia tbh - now that is an insult. :yes

192453[/snapback]

FATTY! FATTEH! Oo you so fat! Fatteh belatteh!

192457[/snapback]

:)

Actually I used to be bothered by some of stuff you and others came up with, but now I know you better it's water off a ducks back. You don't have to have met people in real life to get the gauge of them however, conversing on the internet for 3 years is enough!

The person I feel sorry for is Fish. The abuse he gets is legendary, even if he does bring it on himself!

You threatening me, mate? Hey, which ever way you like. Don't think because your 6'0" that makes you the big hard man because I'd be willing to prove that theory wrong.

However, moving on from your hard man antics I think it's fair to say you were questioning my integrity by saying you wouldn't want to get into a serious political discussion with me and plus might I add that I am not willing to accept other people's opinions with only the expectation that everyone should agree with me when I make a thread.

192415[/snapback]

:lol: Jaysus Boyo, go away and have a drink for half an hour. It says it on my passport too, I'm worried that customs may think I'm being aggressive now, I'll be in Gitmo before the week's out.

You called me thick, then I called you thick, that's about all there is to that tbh.

I also think that you've completely misread what I've said about everyone agreeing with you. What I meant was, I've said what I thought on the issue and you've said "There's nothing wrong in showing patriotism. You'd like to see that in every country you'd visit all though sadly it doesn't exist here. As far as infringement on human rights what's this article got to do with that? Lets not drift off to something else and turn this into a 40 odd page thread, he's talking about his country's identity (yeah I know, Australia...!) where a religious law is being pushed on society and there way of life.", basically you were pretty dismissive of my point. Just to be clear, I don't really think you expect everyone to agree with you.

192433[/snapback]

Well then I think you might have miss-read my post, tbh. I was never attacking what you said but just simply saying what I thought about patriotism.

When I said to you what's this article got to do with human rights? Again, I wasn't saying it in an aggressive way. I followed that by saying I didn't want this to turn into a 40 odd page thread and drift off topic which I thought might have happened after reading that part. That's not me saying 'do this' or 'do that' it's just me stating what might happen after seeing threads like this drift off into something entirely different when I feel quite strong about this particular topic living in the West End with a quite a big Muslim population.

I felt that it was important to know people’s feelings towards what he has said, which is why I posted this topic on N-O too.

As for the post where I did miss-read what you said I apologize. I do jump the gun if I think someone wants a scrap. As I said to Gol, I am quite sensitive, but I am also fairly laid back and easy going as I'm sure these lads & lasses on here will back me up on....wey yers' fooking better! :) With people I don't know though yeah I can be like that. I wasn't sure if you meant you wanted to wait till after you finished work to talk about this further or....well....you can see how I might have picked it up that way. That's not me being thick, that's me being an aggressive cunt! :yes

192462[/snapback]

He'd have to fly from France first! :lol:

Actually I used to be bothered by some of stuff you and others came up with, but now I know you better it's water off a ducks back. You don't have to have met people in real life to get the gauge of them however, conversing on the internet for 3 years is enough!

The person I feel sorry for is Fish. The abuse he gets is legendary, even if he does bring it on himself!

192464[/snapback]

I reckon the fatty stuff gets to you a bit. :lol:

What on earth were people saying before they'd met you that got to you btw?

:yes

192464[/snapback]

I reckon the fatty stuff gets to you a bit. :lol:

What on earth were people saying before they'd met you that got to you btw?

192474[/snapback]

Gemmill, the leader of the clique, used to pick on me sir.

Naah, this stuff about me being clinically depressed used to get on my tits a bit because mental illness has affected some of my relatives - but other people wouldn't know that. Besides, after this latest transer fiasco being depressed is the norm! I was a trend setter! :lol:

Nah fuck this ObaGol you’re a cunt and a coward. Bring it on mate, just say where and when!

192487[/snapback]

Jesus wept Billy! You're being fucking stupid now man.

Nah fuck this ObaGol you’re a cunt and a coward. Bring it on mate, just say where and when!

192487[/snapback]

Fuck's sake I've taken this shite long enough, dick this, dick that, and now cunt? I've been nice in this thread but you're a thick fucking cunt, bring it fucking on.

192487[/snapback]

Fuck's sake I've taken this shite long enough, dick this, dick that, and now cunt? I've been nice in this thread but you're a thick fucking cunt, bring it fucking on.

192500[/snapback]

Your a BIG MAN to be saying that on here you French fuckwitt. I'm fascinated that you can even speak English knowing how arrogant you twats are. AGAIN, just say the word mate! Stupid twat, I suggest you read my last post again slowly this time...!

Edited by Geordie Boyo