Crawling this board?

GafferTape

Thanking you

edit - and the forum software doesn't block signature links to google bots as some forums apparently do, right?  :yes

192681[/snapback]

It's not set to, no. I'll have to check with uber-nerd though.

192706[/snapback]

:lol:

Check it yourself, cock-knocker....

:lol:

Google hasn't cached your profile or anything you've posted in for a couple of months. It likes Alex, ask politely for him to stick your url as his homepage in the profile :lol: - I don't think this board shows sigs to google from what I can tell, but it will pick it up in the profile.

Where have you got the idea forums are good places for link crawling btw? Maybe very, very popular forums if you have no other option, but I wouldn't have recommended it personally.

Ok geeks, how do I get my stepdad's business's site listed on search engines? They've paid for a thing called "Instant traffic" which is supposed to handle it all for them, but I'm wondering if you dweebs have any better ideas? I can't put meta tags on the website because I made it with "Software for Internet Spazzers" - not that I know what meta tags do anyway. :lol:

Ok geeks, how do I get my stepdad's business's site listed on search engines?  They've paid for a thing called "Instant traffic" which is supposed to handle it all for them, but I'm wondering if you dweebs have any better ideas?  I can't put meta tags on the website because I made it with "Software for Internet Spazzers" - not that I know what meta tags do anyway. :lol:

192874[/snapback]

Jesus Wept! :lol:

PM me and I'll give you some pointers.

Hmm, not sure where I read about the forum crawling thing, may have been someone doing some experimenting and I never got round to actually reading the results.

What would you recommend ? I've bitten the bullet and submitted manually to Google, MSN and Yahoo, any tips on what else I should have a go with? (My Meta Tags and Description should be fine for now).

Hmm, not sure where I read about the forum crawling thing, may have been someone doing some experimenting and I never got round to actually reading the results.

What would you recommend ? I've bitten the bullet and submitted manually to Google, MSN and Yahoo, any tips on what else I should have a go with? (My Meta Tags and Description should be fine for now).

193033[/snapback]

The thing is, all submitting your site is going to do is get it crawled and make the engines aware that your site exists. What you really need to do is convince the sites that you are popular, something they basically look at the number of people linking to you to decide and also how popular those sites are. They may come up with more and more complex ways to figure this out, but the basics are unlikely to change. Get links in with key phrases in the anchor text.