Soham killer found after overdose

Craig

If the evil fucker wants to die that much, allow the authorities to arrange it but make it as drawn out and painful as possible. :lol:

192944[/snapback]

If someone wants to die and you advocate it, do you think they are going to agree to dying by as painful a method as possible? Also, who is going to benefit from this? If, the said person agrees to this form of death, would you not question their sanity / state of mind and (therefore) their ability to make this decision?

192950[/snapback]

Who said anything about him agreeing to how he goes? He's made two suicide attempts now so he's obviously keen to shuffle off this mortal coil most likely as he's enduring a living hell in prison.

Those kids had no option as to how they died so why the fuck should he?

I'm with Jimbo, I accept that people will find my opinion flawed, but it is MY opinion.

192966[/snapback]

I imagine having kids would inevitably change one's opinion on the matter. Not necessarily making it more right/wrong, but as a parent you probably can't help but think "what if...?".

192969[/snapback]

Indeed mate, the thought has crossed my mind many, many times....

Didn't the dad of one of the kids say he doesn't care how old he is when it happens, but if they ever release Huntley, he'll be stood at the prison gates to ask him exactly how his daughter died.

If Huntley is allowed to kill himself, they lose the chance to ever truly find out what happened to their kids. Not only have they gone through the hell of having their child murdered, they've had to endure the mental torment of not knowing the truth of how they died.

That last bit would do me in for eternity tbh

EDIT: can I just point out that back at the top, I stated that I DIDN'T want him to be allowed to die.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the evil fucker wants to die that much, allow the authorities to arrange it but make it as drawn out and painful as possible. :lol:

192944[/snapback]

If someone wants to die and you advocate it, do you think they are going to agree to dying by as painful a method as possible? Also, who is going to benefit from this? If, the said person agrees to this form of death, would you not question their sanity / state of mind and (therefore) their ability to make this decision?

192950[/snapback]

Who said anything about him agreeing to how he goes? He's made two suicide attempts now so he's obviously keen to shuffle off this mortal coil most likely as he's enduring a living hell in prison.

Those kids had no option as to how they died so why the fuck should he?

I'm with Jimbo, I accept that people will find my opinion flawed, but it is MY opinion.

192966[/snapback]

So, how does this work then Craig? If someone has tried to commit suicide after murdering someone, they then get killed in the manner of their victims? Wouldn't the death penalty make more sense?

At the risk of getting heckled like Dotbum yesterday, I think some of the opinions here are just immature, the type of views I'd expect to hear in secondary school. Thank fuck jurisprudence has evolved over the centuries by lawyers and philosophers far more intelligent than any posters on this board, is MY opinion. [\tinhat]

I was going off on a tangent Alex. My point is that he should be allowed to choose how to die - he's not fucking earned that choice.

As I said just above, my initial point is that I don't think he should die...

At the risk of getting heckled like Dotbum yesterday, I think some of the opinions here are just immature, the type of views I'd expect to hear in secondary school. Thank fuck jurisprudence has evolved over the centuries by lawyers and philosophers far more intelligent than any posters on this board, is MY opinion. [\tinhat]

192976[/snapback]

I agree, I'm trying to make people think here (at the risk of sounding arrogant). I do respect people's views but if you come up with a 'solution' that is totally impractical and unworkable, how is that a solution?

192976[/snapback]

I feel that your opinion is very valid, but not as valid as mine (IMO) but the one thing for sure no one gives a fuck what your opinion is or mine. By no one I mean in places that make decisions

I was going off on a tangent Alex. My point is that he should be allowed to choose how to die - he's not fucking earned that choice.

192980[/snapback]

You said "If the evil fucker wants to die that much, allow the authorities to arrange it but make it as drawn out and painful as possible" though Craig. How does that work then?

192980[/snapback]

You said "If the evil fucker wants to die that much, allow the authorities to arrange it but make it as drawn out and painful as possible" though Craig. How does that work then?

192987[/snapback]

Precisely why I don't think death should be an option until it's natural! Like I said, I was going off on a tangent, my point being that HE doesn't deserve the right to choose his own death. :lol:

192976[/snapback]

I feel that your opinion is very valid, but not as valid as mine (IMO) but the one thing for sure no one gives a fuck what your opinion is or mine. By no one I mean in places that make decisions

192984[/snapback]

I know. I'm just glad that the authorities opinions coincide with my own and not yours. I don't particulary want to live in a country where the state has the right to torture people to death, no matter what they have done.

192980[/snapback]

192987[/snapback]

Precisely why I don't think death should be an option until it's natural! Like I said, I was going off on a tangent, my point being that HE doesn't deserve the right to choose his own death. :lol:

192989[/snapback]

would you rather he faced the death penalty Craig?

Huntley should be subjected to the moral outrage radiation of every Mail reader who cared more about this case than Damilola because the victims were white and wore Man U tops in the picture circulated to the press. Dead in minutes tbh.

192952[/snapback]

Both murders were pretty different though. The Mail (much as I hate it) went after the killers of Stephen Lawrence big style. Or was it the Express?

192964[/snapback]

Aye, fair play. I'm as bad as Leazes and his "Guardian-reading sandalista" smears when I'm in a mood. :lol:

192967[/snapback]

On a similar note though, quite a lot of young people/children go missing (and some end up dead) with barely a footnote in the media. Certain cases seem to fit he profile of what is 'newsworthy' and what is not.

Huntley should be subjected to the moral outrage radiation of every Mail reader who cared more about this case than Damilola because the victims were white and wore Man U tops in the picture circulated to the press. Dead in minutes tbh.

192952[/snapback]

Both murders were pretty different though. The Mail (much as I hate it) went after the killers of Stephen Lawrence big style. Or was it the Express?

192964[/snapback]

Aye, fair play. I'm as bad as Leazes and his "Guardian-reading sandalista" smears when I'm in a mood. :lol:

192967[/snapback]

On a similar note though, quite a lot of young people/children go missing (and some end up dead) with barely a footnote in the media. Certain cases seem to fit he profile of what is 'newsworthy' and what is not.

192998[/snapback]

The Soham case was odd in that it caused an absolute media frenzy. Obviously what happened was tragic, Huntley is evil etc, etc, but the hysteria was ridiculous. The minutes silence at the footy was plain mad, but you got the impression if you even spoke out against it you would be branded as some type of callous monster.

192976[/snapback]

Heckled? I'm posting this from under my fucking bed; Billy's scared the shit out of me!

192976[/snapback]

192984[/snapback]

I know. I'm just glad that the authorities opinions coincide with my own and not yours. I don't particulary want to live in a country where the state has the right to torture people to death, no matter what they have done.

192993[/snapback]

Where is Rob when you need him? State torture, never

Edit: re: what Renton said.

Aye, I wasn't so much thinking of this case as it was always going to be a big story (although perhaps there was no need for the media to go on the way they did - i.e. turning Soham into a circus basically). Think about it though, poor black lad, bit of a charva, goes missing and turns up dead a few weeks later - fuck all. If it's an attractive young white lass (for example), complete with recent footage of her with her family and the papers go beserk.

Edited by alex

192976[/snapback]

192984[/snapback]

192993[/snapback]

Where is Rob when you need him? State torture, never

193013[/snapback]

Missing Leazes too.

"So what you're saying is, Huntley should be allowed to go free and do this again to your kids?"

The words "Sarah's Law" still send a shiver up my spine tbh. When the repeated parroting and relentless exposure of a fundamentally well-meaning idea turn you against it so much that you actually end up resenting the parents of a murdered child, there's got to be something wrong with the media's attitude to these things.

The words "Sarah's Law" still send a shiver up my spine tbh. When the repeated parroting and relentless exposure of a fundamentally well-meaning idea turn you against it so much that you actually end up resenting the parents of a murdered child, there's got to be something wrong with the media's attitude to these things.

193017[/snapback]

Aye, do the NOTW care about the welfare of the potential victims of paedophiles or do they just want to sell more papers by pandering to popular ideas? Their campaign to expose paedophiles went well didn't it?

192980[/snapback]

192987[/snapback]

192989[/snapback]

would you rather he faced the death penalty Craig?

192997[/snapback]

No

I agree with Manc Mag's early post

We are not the same as a child -killer and we shouldn't act as if we were

he is locked up for good (more or less) and that's it - the 40+years inside is the punishment (replacing a quick hanging) and he shouldn't be allowed to opt out of it by committing suicide

If, for some reason, we find out he's innocent (which I certainly don't beieve) he's still around to let out - whereas with a death penalty ..........