Luque to be unveiled this afternoon?

Optimistic Nut

http://www.as.com/articulo.html?xref=20050...0&anchor=dasftb

It basically says our initial £6.6m was rejected, but last night we increased it to £10m plus a choice of Ameobi or Viana. If accepted, Shepherd will send a private jet out to pick him up and have him unveiled before the match this afternoon.

15432[/snapback]

If I'd opened this to find one of those pretend press conference threads, I was going to batter you. ;)

Sounds promising, although the private jet thing sounds doubtful. It would certainly be a nice introduction if they unveiled him at half time with us 1 nil down. :blink:

I agree - it's clear that Viana isn't going to play for us, EVER. But we're talking about the Pie-man here, and on present form, I can't see it happening.

Ameobi in Spain would be pretty funny!

15446[/snapback]

His style might be better suited there. He seemed to play better in europe.

Agree with SSR. Even for the England Under 21s, he was the one who stood out amongst the likes of Defoe, Crouch, Johnson, Bent, Cole, etc. which I put down to his style of football being suited to the Continental style.

15453[/snapback]

I put it down to the fact he's a bloody good player WHEN playing fit AND with the correct formation i.e. NOT with God

I don't give anything on AS or Marca they are as bad as the S*n and the likes of Daily Mirror combined. If you would take them serious Real would sign at least a dozen players daily.

I don't believe in any deal until I see Jimbo's telly confirming it...

I agree - it's clear that Viana isn't going to play for us, EVER. But we're talking about the Pie-man here, and on present form, I can't see it happening.

Ameobi in Spain would be pretty funny!

15446[/snapback]

His style might be better suited there. He seemed to play better in europe.

15451[/snapback]

like Marseille away :blink:

On the official website they have snippets from a press conference with Luque. He is saying that a move to Newcastle would suit him, but that he has no problem with staying at Deportivo if no deal between the clubs can be agreed. (at least that's what I understood with my limited Spanish).

http://www.canaldeportivo.com/servlet/es.i...id=10157&mid=12