have you ever been on the telly?

bobbyshinton

Only the once, was on Tyne Tees news in the background when they were at Consett swimming baths doing a piece on an inflateable obstacle course that was touring the North East. It was a dinosaur themed one :lol: . Must have been in 1993 cos thats when Jurassic Park came out.

Consett swimming baths - now there's a blast from the past!

They ever open up that slide again or has it gone now? I remember one of the life guards jumping off the very top of that onto one of those massive float panels and getting an absolute bollocking from the centre management!

Consett swimming baths - now there's a blast from the past!

They ever open up that slide again or has it gone now? I remember one of the life guards jumping off the very top of that onto one of those massive float panels and getting an absolute bollocking from the centre management!

193364[/snapback]

I've not been in years. Infact that might have been the last time I was there :lol:. It was done out a while back. I'm at the sports centre across from it all the time for 5 a side. The courts at that place have never changed since I was a bairn. It still has that balcony too and the pool table.

Oh yes, the 5-a-side courts in the Leisure Centre. I used to be up there every Thursday night for kids football training. It used to get run by some bloke called Colin IIRC

Oh yes, the 5-a-side courts in the Leisure Centre. I used to be up there every Thursday night for kids football training. It used to get run by some bloke called Colin IIRC

193397[/snapback]

Colin Carr? Used to teach PE at Blackfyne. He was manager of Consett when they got to the first round of the FA Cup back in 96 or 97.

Edited by The Mighty Hog

Could well be the same bloke actually...

I've heard of Mr Carr the PE teacher Blackfyne a lot. My brother was notorious to him for always finding a way to get out of PE :good:

All I seem to remember is him trying to teach us the Roeder 'shuffle' and the Maradona 'turn on the ball'

The latter always resulted in most of the kids ending up flat on their arses! :D