Sign in to follow this  
snakehips

60's Re-visited

It's all about opinions, peeps :lol: Personally, I think the Angel of the North is effing superb, but that's just me - everyone has their own opinion.

What I would like to know though, is it just me who thinks the Sage Music Centre is one of the most fucking horrible buildings in the UK?

At first glance it looks funky, different and 'summit else'. But thinking about it a little more, I reckon we have been decieved by its difference and, ultimately, will be left with something we want to get rid of sharpish - much like some of the monstrosities that were put up in the 60's.

Thoughts?

Guest alex

I like the Angel and always have. Didn't like the Sage but it's grown on me a lot and it's supposed to be a superb venue.

It 30 years the Sage will be fowl.

Fact.

The Angel of the North has somehow gained cult status outside the north east from people who actually think we love it.

Its not bad like but the only reason i like it is because somebody put a massive shearer shirt on it :lol:

soopafan tbh

Guest alex
It 30 years the Sage will be fowl.

Fact.

The Angel of the North has somehow gained cult status outside the north east from people who actually think we love it.

Its not bad like but the only reason i like it is because somebody put a massive shearer shirt on it :lol:

soopafan tbh

193035[/snapback]

Don't be a chicken, say what you really think.

The Sage is as much about functionality as aesthetics. Besides, it looks fine and was designed by Norman Foster. It will outlast everyone on this board.

I can see the Sage looking a bit outdated in years to come, but at least it's never going to be a Pearl Assurance building, Cale Cross House or Bewick Court...