Who's been a naughty boy, then?

Ted Maul

Just another episode in the ever going TV soap called Newcastle Enders:

This week the dodgy wheeler and dealer freddy gets caught by the tax man for his little back handers, anotonie draws his first pension check and a cameo appearance for a young man name dyer.

Never loose the faith thats what I say :good:

"The tribunal found that on forms which must be lodged with the FA to register transfers and new contracts, Newcastle United "falsely stated" that the agents had acted solely for the club, and not for the players."

Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you Paul Stretford and Willie McKay!

None of this would surprise me in the least...

So how is LM going to defend this.

193473[/snapback]

It's normal procedure these days for any club that averages a top-five finish, not like in the pre-1992 days before any of you were born when our team was a bunch of amputees and malnourished orphans on 27p a week.

So how is LM going to defend this. It's al McKeag's fault. Maybe blame it on SOuness. No wait a minute because it's got something to do with accounting I know.

Gemmil it's your fault.

193473[/snapback]

I believe 'The Guardian is a shit newspaper anyway' will be the response.

I beleive the response will be to claim that the only other option to Shepherd would be to support a club who didnt want to buy any players

193672[/snapback]

Well, its a fair, and realistic response :D

The mackems would be a good starting point, anyone and everyone is better than Fred etc etc blah blah blah :good:

I don't have any deep knowledge about taxation, but if there is a way to legally chalenge it and recoup money then I think the club is entitled to do it. Therefore I'll wait and see what the final verdict is on this. But I think there is nothing wrong in trying.

Far more interesting was the coverage of the Indpendent about this a couple of weeks ago, which was mainly dealing with the amount of money we paid to agents regarding transfer deals and contract renegotiations. They blanked the names but it was easy to spot about which players they were speaking. Therefore I'd actually rather want to see the club chalenging dodgy agents like Mr. MacKay etc.