.............AMEOBI....MARTINS

OR IF SHOLA IS OUT, EITHER REPLACE WITH SIBERSKI OR:

.....................GIVEN

RAMAGE TAYLOR MOORE BABA

DUFF PARKER BUTT ZOGGY

.............................EMRE

..............MARTINS

Edited by TOPTOON

Shola's knackered for a while I believe. Wouldn't play Emre upfront like (he'd be on the bench anyway for me). I have a feeling Roeder might play Sibierski.

Anyone think he might play Luque and Martins up front?

Not a question regarding your preferences but what GR might do. I know he doesn't like Luque much but if Rossi hasn't even trained with the other players he'd be a bigger gamble imo.

Luque in a free (doing f**k all) role i reckon.

Got a feeling he might play:

Given

Car Bramble Moore Baba

Nobby Parker Emre Duff

Martins Rossi

Be gutted if he did like as Car, Bramble and Nobby all look very poor imo and not to play Zoggy would be a poor decision.

Edited by TOPTOON

Simple 4-4-2 for me.

Given

Babayaro

Moore

Taylor

Carr

Zog

Emre

Parker

Duff

Martins

Rossi

193760[/snapback]

That would be my first choice starting 11.

You're going to get banned you stupid dickhead.  Is it so much to ask that you post 50 posts with some sensible content you total fucking moron?

193892[/snapback]

Tut tut Mr. Gemmell, behave yersel :good:

Dont know what Roeder will start but here is what I hope he will put out:

----------------Given------------------

Carr------Taylor-------Moore-------Bernard

Duff-------Parker---------Emre--------N'Zogbia

-------------Martins---------Rossi

After reading GR's comments about not wanting to rush Rossi i'm fairly sure he won't start.

Ameobi seems to be struggling still so i think GR might save him for Thursday, he's better against Euro teams anyway.

That leaves either Milner/Luque/Duff to partner Oba in a 4-4-2, i'd try Luque (again) but i think GR will play Milner with Duff on the right.

We could go for 4-5-1

------------------------Butt-----------------------

--------------Parker---------Emre---------------

Duff-------------------------------------------Zog

------------------------Oba-----------------------

That way we'll own the midfield, i think we'll have to play through the middle though, i don't see the point in going down the flanks to cross, no one there to head it and Fulham will play too deep to get behind them, they'll come for a point not a victory. They could get us on the break though but if play the one above i don't think they'll get through us. Us scoring will depend on good movement from Oba and Duff and Zoggy running into the channels between FB and CB and picking up through balls. We might have to be a bit tricky with experimental flicks and dummy's, etc to create a bit of uncertainty in their back line.

If we keep our passing sharp and quick we should be able to move them about a bit and create some opportunities.

Might be seen to be too negative to play 5 across the middle at home. Also i think it may lack a bit of penetration so i might play N'Zogbia instead of Emre in the middle with Duff on the left and Milner on the right.

194964[/snapback]

Might also be considered less negative than playing Luque up front. I see Rooney said Rossi may be the best finisher at Man U today, so I'd like to see what a pair of midgets can do for us.

Roeder - "If Shola Ameobi manages to climb off the treatment table on Saturday he will be making a heck of a statement as to how much he wants to play for Newcastle United."

I think he'll start and be replaced by Rossi sometime in the second half.

Zoggy on the left, Duff on the right :razz:

As much as I love Nobby (that just sounds wrong in so many ways), I agree with Zog on the left and Duff on the right. Parker n Emre centre. Shola n Martins up front. Given in goal, Carr, Baba, Moore and Bramble centre. Subs Harper, Taylor, Rossi, Milner, Sibierski. Though Butt might get squeezed in somewhere (there I go again).

Fitness tests for Taylor and Ameobi prior to the game.

I really need to cancel this subscription to their text service. :razz:

195089[/snapback]

Hopefully Ameobi will be fit for this one, he can be rested for Thursday.

Edited by Bombadil