HELP!HELP!

Radgina

I know Iknow it's the wrong forum but I needs help quick. My p.c has all gone Pete Tong :good: it is so slow a slug has just walked past my keyboard in the time it took to load the next page.fast Broadband ny arse, I have done a virus scan and deleted loads of shit I do not use but it's still cac. Now bear in mind I am a TOTAL PLANK when it comes to anything to do with this thing so I need the answers in "FOOLPROOF step by step so easy a charver could follow it type language :D

Thanking you all in anticipation...

I know Iknow it's the wrong forum but I needs help quick. My p.c has all gone Pete Tong  :good:  it is so slow a slug has just walked past my keyboard in the time it took to load the next page.fast Broadband ny arse, I have done a virus scan and deleted loads of shit I do not use but it's still cac. Now bear in mind I am a TOTAL PLANK when it comes to anything to do with this thing so I need the answers in "FOOLPROOF step by step so easy a charver could follow it type language  :D

194100[/snapback]

Is it your actual internet speeds that have slowed down or your windows OS?

(by the way - we do have a help forum y'know)

I know Iknow it's the wrong forum but I needs help quick. My p.c has all gone Pete Tong  :good:  it is so slow a slug has just walked past my keyboard in the time it took to load the next page.fast Broadband ny arse, I have done a virus scan and deleted loads of shit I do not use but it's still cac. Now bear in mind I am a TOTAL PLANK when it comes to anything to do with this thing so I need the answers in "FOOLPROOF step by step so easy a charver could follow it type language  :D

194100[/snapback]

194110[/snapback]

I know we have a Help forum as I said at the beginning but it takes ages to get an answer on there. Wor lad has lost loads of his icons, we can't get into the program he uses for work via the internet , it just says no such website whereas he uses it every day whilst at work ?? and everything has slowed down altogether ??

194100[/snapback]

194110[/snapback]

I know we have a Help forum as I said at the beginning but it takes ages to get an answer on there. Wor lad has lost loads of his icons, we can't get into the program he uses for work via the internet , it just says no such website whereas he uses it every day whilst at work ?? and everything has slowed down altogether ??

194111[/snapback]

try switching pc off and leaving it for a few minutes before switching it back on again

What version of windows?

Open up task manager and see if any processes are running at above 50%

194122[/snapback]

Windows XP and nothing running at above 50%

194124[/snapback]

You got adaware?

With task manager open, what happens when you try to open an application?

you could try a system restore

194130[/snapback]

??? :good:

194132[/snapback]

Every now and again, windows takes a 'snapshot' of your system. it basically copies all the critical system files, puts a date and time stamp on them, then hides them out the way.

if your pc is kaput you can 'restore' it to a date and time when you knew your pc was working perfectly.

Doesnt always work though.

you could try a system restore

194130[/snapback]

??? :D

194132[/snapback]

Every now and again, windows takes a 'snapshot' of your system. it basically copies all the critical system files, puts a date and time stamp on them, then hides them out the way.

if your pc is kaput you can 'restore' it to a date and time when you knew your pc was working perfectly.

Doesnt always work though.

194137[/snapback]

it didn't :good: I am going to throw this piece of shit out into the street in a minute

is your pc showing any other unusual behaviour?  pop ups, redirects, homepage changes, new added favourites, new icons????

and how old is the pc?

194148[/snapback]

wor lads homepage has change and he has lost his toolbars, no unusual icons that I can see. we got it in Oct 05. Now I am getting a lot of unable to connect please refresh pages and it keeps throwing me out ??

is your pc showing any other unusual behaviour?  pop ups, redirects, homepage changes, new added favourites, new icons????

and how old is the pc?

194148[/snapback]

wor lads homepage has change and he has lost his toolbars, no unusual icons that I can see. we got it in Oct 05. Now I am getting a lot of unable to connect please refresh pages and it keeps throwing me out ??

194152[/snapback]

whats the new home page?

is your pc showing any other unusual behaviour?   pop ups, redirects, homepage changes, new added favourites, new icons????

and how old is the pc?

194148[/snapback]

194152[/snapback]

whats the new home page?

194154[/snapback]

MSN ??

ok

download and install each of these programs.

spybot - http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail/Spybo...oy/1043809773/1

Adaware - http://www.download.com/3405-8022-5153545....ubj=dl&tag=top5

download any updates for each program until it says theres none left to download.

Then reboot.

then run each program deleting everything it finds.

reboot again.

ok

download any updates for each program until it says theres none left to  download.

Then reboot.

reboot again.

194162[/snapback]

Thnak you Laz...that appears to have speeded things up somewhat :D I owe you a drink :good:

ok

download any updates for each program until it says theres none left to  download.

Then reboot.

reboot again.

194162[/snapback]

Thnak you Laz...that appears to have speeded things up somewhat :angry: I owe you a drink :good:

194180[/snapback]

if you havnt already, i'd suggest backing up anything on your pc that you wouldnt want to lose.

by the way - i dont drink, so you'll have to return the favour another way

:D

ok

Then reboot.

reboot again.

194162[/snapback]

Thnak you Laz...that appears to have speeded things up somewhat :angry: I owe you a drink :good:

194180[/snapback]

if you havnt already, i'd suggest backing up anything on your pc that you wouldnt want to lose.

by the way - i dont drink, so you'll have to return the favour another way

:D

194182[/snapback]

:) I spoke too soon...it's back going slow again and giving me the refresh page !!! aaah FUCK IT