God damn train lines

Southern Geordie

Just got a 20 quid fine for not havin a ticket. That is fair enough and I can accept that I've been naughty, but it's the fact that I was running for the train and ran onto the train.. If I'd not I'd have had to wait another hour for my train.. So basically got a fine cos I didn't want to miss my train.. Fookin jokes

Anyways I have to write a letter to appeal.. Any ideas what to include in it? :good:

Just got a 20 quid fine for not havin a ticket. That is fair enough and I can accept that I've been naughty, but it's the fact that I was running for the train and ran onto the train.. If I'd not I'd have had to wait another hour for my train.. So basically got a fine cos I didn't want to miss my train.. Fookin jokes

Anyways I have to write a letter to appeal.. Any ideas what to include in it?  :good:

194115[/snapback]

i dont know - dont trains have inspectors anymore?

could you explain that you were gonna buy the ticket of an inspector?

Anyways I have to write a letter to appeal.. Any ideas what to include in it?  :good:

194115[/snapback]

i dont know - dont trains have inspectors anymore?

could you explain that you were gonna buy the ticket of an inspector?

194117[/snapback]

I was gonna say that.. Cos that's what I usually do. If I run for the train I then get one off the inspectors. But these muppets were from the revenue office apparantly (or something) and they said they checked and my station had been open, so I have no excuse.. Which is rubbish cos I wasn't prepared to wait ages for the next train

Thing is, I imagine you're basically screwed and their argument would be that the trains run to a timetable that serves the network as a whole and not the individual customer. They're nice like that (though they sort of have a point).

Thing is, I imagine you're basically screwed and their argument would be that the trains run to a timetable that serves the network as a whole and not the individual customer. They're nice like that (though they sort of have a point).

194121[/snapback]

They do have a point, it's just that I'm used to getting on the train and if I've missed the ticket man, to get one on the train.. I didn't wanna wait another aage for the train, specially as it's my mum's birthday! I needed to get my car to bring it home.. grr

edit- will they look upon it favourably if I said that I left my car in town because I got the train home last night so I didn't drink drive? :good:

Edited by Southern Geordie

194121[/snapback]

They do have a point, it's just that I'm used to getting on the train and if I've missed the ticket man, to get one on the train.. I didn't wanna wait another aage for the train, specially as it's my mum's birthday! I needed to get my car to bring it home.. grr

edit- will they look upon it favourably if I said that I left my car in town because I got the train home last night so I didn't drink drive? :D

194128[/snapback]

You're fucked tbh, just pay the fine and stop whining about it, there's no point crying over spilled milk 'n'all that :good:

194121[/snapback]

edit- will they look upon it favourably if I said that I left my car in town because I got the train home last night so I didn't drink drive? :D

194128[/snapback]

You're fucked tbh, just pay the fine and stop whining about it, there's no point crying over spilled milk 'n'all that :good:

194136[/snapback]

True, but the bitch that gave me the fine bigged up the appeal.. and said a decent percentage of them are revoked..

I had the exact change too, was a pain in the arse!

worth a try - especially if you don't have previous - whine on about the length of the queues on that day, that the guy in front was trying to buy a 187.5 day season from Maidstone to Helsinki and that if you'd missed the train it was an hour's wait

Make it nice and tidy, get yer spelling right and tell em you fessed up when they asked you for your ticket and you have learn't your lesson

They often reduce the fine anyway

194121[/snapback]

edit- will they look upon it favourably if I said that I left my car in town because I got the train home last night so I didn't drink drive? :drinks:

194128[/snapback]

You're fucked tbh, just pay the fine and stop whining about it, there's no point crying over spilled milk 'n'all that :razz:

194136[/snapback]

Agree with that, I got a £280 fine for not paying a train ticket (was never offered the £20 spot fine) last year and that was for a ticket which would have cost £3.30.

Pay it and move on basically - start protesting and they'll take it to court :drinks:

194121[/snapback]

edit- will they look upon it favourably if I said that I left my car in town because I got the train home last night so I didn't drink drive? :drinks:

194128[/snapback]

You're fucked tbh, just pay the fine and stop whining about it, there's no point crying over spilled milk 'n'all that :razz:

194136[/snapback]

Agree with that, I got a £280 fine for not paying a train ticket (was never offered the £20 spot fine) last year and that was for a ticket which would have cost £3.30.

Pay it and move on basically - start protesting and they'll take it to court :drinks:

194479[/snapback]

Exactly. Basically you haven't got a leg to stand on. Anyway, what's 20 quid? A 10 mile drive in a taxi....