let's not bother with an england game thread

walkinthedog

I was thinking about a Jorman match thread, but then I would have been too busy in updating it all the time. 10-0 at the moment.

194225[/snapback]

remember when San Marino scored against us?

John Motson blew his whole year's wodge!

Edited by walkinthedog

194230[/snapback]

After 7 seconds :good:

11 now for the Jormans. Typically efficient.

194231[/snapback]

What cannot be said of the Skysports match centre. They got half the scorers wrong...

194230[/snapback]

After 7 seconds :good:

11 now for the Jormans. Typically efficient.

194231[/snapback]

What cannot be said of the Skysports match centre. They got half the scorers wrong...

194233[/snapback]

Typically English. Probably on a tea-break.

When did Downing become good enough for England by the way? Did he win some form of competition to win a place in the team?

194242[/snapback]

When Owen Hargreaves fell out of favour of being England's official scapegoat.

When did Downing become good enough for England by the way? Did he win some form of competition to win a place in the team?

194242[/snapback]

194245[/snapback]

Are you suggesting that Downing is a scapegoat?

Jesus wept :good:

194242[/snapback]

194245[/snapback]

194249[/snapback]

Scapegoat in the making tbh. I see Joe Cole is not available at the moment. How many genuine English left wingers are there who should get selected ahead of Downing?

194242[/snapback]

194245[/snapback]

194249[/snapback]

Scapegoat in the making tbh. I see Joe Cole is not available at the moment. How many genuine English left wingers are there who should get selected ahead of Downing?

194250[/snapback]

Gerrard's not a genuine right winger, still does a good job there. Why do you say it has to be a genuine left winger?

IN MY OPINION Downing just isn't good enough for the England team. That doesn't make him a scapegoat (by the way, a scapegoat in a win??), it makes him just not good enough.

194242[/snapback]

194245[/snapback]

194249[/snapback]

194250[/snapback]

Gerrard's not a genuine right winger, still does a good job there. Why do you say it has to be a genuine left winger?

IN MY OPINION Downing just isn't good enough for the England team. That doesn't make him a scapegoat (by the way, a scapegoat in a win??), it makes him just not good enough.

194251[/snapback]

But Gerrard has a right foot and can offer the width with crosses McClaren seem to want. I can't think of any other left footed player who could provide the same from the left flank. And remembering the Greece game he did this quite well. But I think I already reat today that McClaren had to defend Downing from criticism after the Andorra game. It's just the urge English people seem to have to slate players I find a bit puzzling. I always thought Jormans would be World Champions in moaning.

194242[/snapback]

I think he's in the England squad because he plays for Boro and was/is one of MaClaren's boys when he was at Boro. Mac probably extolled his virtues to Eriksson and will stick with him to prove his point.

I had the misfrotune of listening to this on Radio 5 last night. Alan Green et al spent the entire 90 minutes whinging about how bad England were and how it wasn't good enough, should be doing more etc. Fair comment I would usually say, except they spent the entire hour into the biuld up of the game going on and on about how it was going to be difficult, that it wasn't going to be pretty, and the most important thing was to get the result and get out of there. Erm...exactly what England did.

Then Spoony came on 606 and my head exploded.

I had the misfrotune of listening to this on Radio 5 last night. Alan Green et al spent the entire 90 minutes whinging about how bad England were and how it wasn't good enough, should be doing more etc. Fair comment I would usually say, except they spent the entire hour into the biuld up of the game going on and on about how it was going to be difficult, that it wasn't going to be pretty, and the most important thing was to get the result and get out of there. Erm...exactly what England did.

Then Spoony came on 606 and my head exploded.

194349[/snapback]

Unbelievable! Did he not give credit to Macedonia? Because they were all over us!

Every time we got the ball they closed us down and when they got he ball they attacked at every opportunity with slick passing and great pace. It was like watching a top Premiership game! Obviously because of the pressure they were putting on us, up until the last minute, are passing went a bit wayward at times. I was a bit disappointed in the referee who was falling for there dirty tactics of diving at every opportunity, but they never really threatened out goal with John Terry having a great game.