Economics, Psychology, Sociology, Politics

Kevin Carr's Gloves

Anybody done these at Uni and have books they want to sell. I am going into full time education at 37. Everyone will think I am someones dad.

194435[/snapback]

Tbh mate, while I can't help specifically on this one, courses tend to have pretty specific reading lists that tie in with lectures so getting the 'wrong' books might be a bit of a waste of your lolly. By all means try and get some second-hand ones though as academic text books tend to be quite expensive. I would try university book shops and notice boards in the department(s) in question. Try and get the right editions too.

Anybody done these at Uni and have books they want to sell. I am going into full time education at 37. Everyone will think I am someones dad.

194435[/snapback]

Tbh mate, while I can't help specifically on this one, courses tend to have pretty specific reading lists that tie in with lectures so getting the 'wrong' books might be a bit of a waste of your lolly. By all means try and get some second-hand ones though as academic text books tend to be quite expensive. I would try university book shops and notice boards in the department(s) in question. Try and get the right editions too.

194444[/snapback]

Closet student tbh.

194435[/snapback]

194444[/snapback]

Closet student tbh.

194445[/snapback]

Ex-student you cock-end! :good:

194435[/snapback]

194444[/snapback]

Closet student tbh.

194445[/snapback]

Ex-student you cock-end! :D

194447[/snapback]

I'm telling Craig, you swore. :good:

194435[/snapback]

194444[/snapback]

Closet student tbh.

194445[/snapback]

Ex-student you cock-end! :D

194447[/snapback]

I'm telling Craig, you swore. :good:

194449[/snapback]

He'll only fucking tell you you didn't bastard swear enough!

I would have a look on ebay. Either that or do what this dickhead at my university did, and run straight from the lectures to the library after you've been told what the recommended reading list is. Quickly grab a copy of each off the shelves and hide them in various shelves in different sections of the library. That way they'll always be available for you, and only you, when you need them. :razz:

I would have a look on ebay.  Either that or do what this dickhead at my university did, and run straight from the lectures to the library after you've been told what the recommended reading list is.  Quickly grab a copy of each off the shelves and hide them in various shelves in different sections of the library.  That way they'll always be available for you, and only you, when you need them. :drinks:

194494[/snapback]

The Newcastle University boys :drinks:

:razz:

I would have a look on ebay.  Either that or do what this dickhead at my university did, and run straight from the lectures to the library after you've been told what the recommended reading list is.  Quickly grab a copy of each off the shelves and hide them in various shelves in different sections of the library.  That way they'll always be available for you, and only you, when you need them. :drinks:

194494[/snapback]

Why are you doing this KCG? I thought you already had a trade behind you, which is probably better than getting a degree in the subjects you mention imo.

I don't know about the humanities, but in most science subjects old textbooks are pretty much useless. In fact research advances so fast that even new textbooks have limited value, although admittedly this is probably more relevant to post graduate study. I haven't looked at a text book in years.

Good luck anyway.

194494[/snapback]

Why are you doing this KCG? I thought you already had a trade behind you, which is probably better than getting a degree in the subjects you mention imo.

I don't know about the humanities, but in most science subjects old textbooks are pretty much useless. In fact research advances so fast that even new textbooks have limited value, although admittedly this is probably more relevant to post graduate study. I haven't looked at a text book in years.

Good luck anyway.

194497[/snapback]

Digressing a little, but I have some HR management books in me garage if anyone wants them :drinks:

194494[/snapback]

The Newcastle University boys :drinks:

194496[/snapback]

The lad was an absolute wanker. Neil Horan he was called. Ended up getting a first like, but he basically lived in the library, moving his secret book stash from one place to another like a bookworm version of Gollum. Neil Gollum. "Preciousssssssssss".

194494[/snapback]

Good luck anyway.

194497[/snapback]

F*cked me back in some time ago. Going to become a teacher like the wife. Want to do History and modern studies. History is the other subject but in first year we are doing 1870 - 1945 and I have loads of stuff on that.

I do History and Politics, text books are near essential items but I rarely buy them. In first year I got excited and bought loads, ended up reading the odd page. Now I just get them from the library.

Got a couple of unwanted political theory ones like.