Lawrenson - you sad, bitter git

East Stander

More bitter bile from the failed ex-defence coach with his prediction for Saturday. After seeing the lad in complete agony, I'm surprised and grateful Obi wan kenobi is available.

Prediction: 2-0

Both teams' strength lies in their home form, and both struggle on the road. So this will be Newcastle's game.

Obafemi Martins is in line for a home debut after 10 days out with a dead leg. I have to say, I've never known anybody get carried off with a dead leg. If you had that long off with a dead leg 15 years ago they'd have cancelled your contract.

What's so wrong with what he said?  We are generally shit away.  Fulham are like two different football teams home and away.  A dead leg is not a 'proper' injury.  I've had them plenty and continued playing after a short break.

194918[/snapback]

Have to be honest that's what i was thinking. Its fair comment that both teams are a different proposition home and away and its just a bit jokey about the dead leg, don't see the harm myself?

It's not so much about what he said here but just the bloke himself - he's a bitter, twisted arsehole who's had it in for us ever since we fired him!

He was a right cock during his commentary on the England-Andorra game too. Kept saying "I don't want to disrespect the opposition, but..." then using the phrase as a carte blanche to do exactly that. For half a minute. Over and over again. With puns.

I don't like Lawrenson but he's only saying what everybody thought when they found out it was only a dead leg. I thought Martins must have at least done his knee ligaments or torn his thigh muscle when I saw him go down and stay there.

I have to say, I've never known anybody get carried off with a dead leg.

194766[/snapback]

Some truth in that, I can only remember having a dead-leg once and after about 30 mins was back on the pitch.

(At the time I was playing in California and you could have 4 substitutes whom you could put in & out at will, players could be taken out then put back in)

It's not so much about what he said here but just the bloke himself - he's a bitter, twisted arsehole who's had it in for us ever since we fired him!

195001[/snapback]

Apart from when his mate was in charge. Even then he used the same old cliches about 'only knowing how to play one way' etc. He's also possibly the only person alive who still laughs at Motson. Apart from Motson himself, obviously.

195001[/snapback]

Apart from when his mate was in charge. Even then he used the same old cliches about 'only knowing how to play one way' etc. He's also possibly the only person alive who still laughs at Motson. Apart from Motson himself, obviously.

195078[/snapback]

Him and Hansen really got on my tits when Souness was in charge. The way they were constantly sticking up for their mate and making excuses for him was completely embarrassing.

He was a right cock during his commentary on the England-Andorra game too. Kept saying "I don't want to disrespect the opposition, but..." then using the phrase as a carte blanche to do exactly that. For half a minute. Over and over again. With puns.

195025[/snapback]

Yeah, at one point he compared them to the Isle Of Man. Very disrespectful to a young country with limited resources that are just proud to be at the table with the big guns feeding for scraps. I didn't think they were all that bad actually. A lot better than the Faroes tbh.

Andorra is a pretty old country actually. Although Lawrenson is a tit, there should be some sort of pre-qualifying for countries like them, San Marino* and Lichtenstein etc. I reckon.

*Awaits mention of that goal after 7 seconds :razz:

What's so wrong with what he said?  We are generally shit away.  Fulham are like two different football teams home and away.  A dead leg is not a 'proper' injury.  I've had them plenty and continued playing after a short break.

194918[/snapback]

Have to be honest that's what i was thinking. Its fair comment that both teams are a different proposition home and away and its just a bit jokey about the dead leg, don't see the harm myself?

194922[/snapback]

The bit that riled me when I read this earlier today was that he's insinuating that we gave him 10 days off for a dead leg, it took him that long to recover and that we are soft for doing so.

We didn't, it's called the 'International Break'.

Roeder said that he'd be fine in a couple of days and back for Fulham. I can't stand lawro - he's a knob nosher of the highest order.

Andorra is a pretty old country actually. Although Lawrenson is a tit, there should be some sort of pre-qualifying for countries like them, San Marino* and Lichtenstein etc. I reckon.

195181[/snapback]

That was me 20th birthday actually.

You still beat them 7-1, but it was fucking funny at the time. :drinks:

195181[/snapback]

195181[/snapback]

195452[/snapback]

I was about 18-19 and at university when me and a couple of mates were watching it. We're all English but we even pissed ourselves laughing. You had to really.

Guest Patrokles

Thanks to GBB and the other I don't recall for once again bringing their vast experience of playground/sunday league football to the plate. Good job.

Thanks to GBB and the other I don't recall for once again bringing their vast experience of playground/sunday league football to the plate. Good job.

195485[/snapback]

Don't mention it. If you behave yourself, I might even share with you my experience of having sexual intercourse with ladies. I get the sense that you'd like to find out what it's like.

Guest Patrokles

195485[/snapback]

Don't mention it. If you behave yourself, I might even share with you my experience of having sexual intercourse with ladies. I get the sense that you'd like to find out what it's like.

195497[/snapback]

If only you knew how I spent the last week. :razz: