Leeds residents

Dr Kenneth Noisewater

What's the city centre like for parking? Haven't been down there for years but I've got a meeting somewhere near the station next week.

If its a pain I might let the train take the strain or drive to my mates in Bradford, park for free and get a train from there.

There are a number that are dirt-cheap near the station, depends how you are coming in though as to whether you can get to them easily. Otherwise, you want the Merrion Centre for economy but it's a fair walk. Can't remember how much the short-stay in the train station is but it's not cheap.

I can knock you up some maps later.

Edited by nufc4ever

What's the city centre like for parking? Haven't been down there for years but I've got a meeting somewhere near the station next week.

If its a pain I might let the train take the strain or drive to my mates in Bradford, park for free and get a train from there.

194974[/snapback]

If your meeting's near the station it will be easier and quicker to take the train tbh.

Park in the St Johns Centre, its cheaper than the Merrion and its not full of smacked heads.

You can find it here Its a lot easier than trying to get to the station. Its a 2 minute walk to the station from there so youre laughing tbh.

There are a number that are dirt-cheap near the station, depends how you are coming in though as to whether you can get to them easily. Otherwise, you want the Merrion Centre for economy but it's a fair walk. Can't remember how much the short-stay in the train station is but it's not cheap.

I can knock you up some maps later.

195104[/snapback]

If your fat and have a one leg thats actually a stump! Its only 2-3mins man! Its all the smack heeds in the Merrion that scare me!

Also did you know Avid Merrion of Bo-Selecta got his character name from the Merrion Centre as thats where he hung out as a kid. He also got beat up in Leeds for looking like Mick Hucknell!!

:razz:

Aye, Jumbo is in there. I think the entrance is to the right after you drive in between the St Johns and the Merrion, but i've never been in so i'm unsure.

Oh, and 2-3mins from the Merrion to the train station is nonsense. 5mins at least, which is miles to me tbh.

It's 1/2 a mile according to Google Earth, so that's 10mins...

Edited by nufc4ever

you can park at my house if you like? free of charge and if you're nice and buy me a pint some time I might even drive you into to town on the day.

See? The Fish ain't all bad.

you can park at my house if you like? free of charge and if you're nice and buy me a pint some time I might even drive you into to town on the day.

You'll come back to find your car windows double-glazed, mind...

can't remember if I told you lot or owt, but every single sale I made either failed finance check or cancelled so I've made £200 a week and that's it.

fucking seething tbh.

got a couple of interviews for recuitment consultancies and even thrown my c.v. at a couple of bars.

I'm so fucked off with Weatherseal, they were asking me to cold call and leaflet drop etc. this week. Safe to say that I haven't cold called anyone, I won't cold call anyone and I'm at the stage now where I'm actively discouraging friends and family from ever using Weatherseal.

It's impossible to make a sale when you simply don't believe what you're saying anymore.

can't remember if I told you lot or owt, but every single sale I made either failed finance check or cancelled so I've made £200 a week and that's it.

fucking seething tbh.

got a couple of interviews for recuitment consultancies and even thrown my c.v. at a couple of bars.

I'm so fucked off with Weatherseal, they were asking me to cold call and leaflet drop etc. this week. Safe to say that I haven't cold called anyone, I won't cold call anyone and I'm at the stage now where I'm actively discouraging friends and family from ever using Weatherseal.

It's impossible to make a sale when you simply don't believe what you're saying anymore.

B) Shouldn't laugh Fish but by actively encouraging people not to buy Weatherseal you are possibly the worst salesman in the world.

Good luck in getting a more suitable job.

..actively discouraging people who I like... not the people I actually go and see.

when I'm there Weatherseal is an exemplar of good business and sound practise...

My biggest regret is that I got so wrapped up in the possibility I didn't take a step back and remember that the people who were offering the job were salesmen themselves and as such would be quite capable of putting a perfectly wonderful spin on things.

Everything in Life's a lesson though, so I'll learn from this, not be so fucking naive and move on.

On the bright side it's something I can put in my c.v., stating that I left this company as I had issue with their practises, which were unethical in my eyes.

HAH

have a nice big fucking slice of Integrity you twatful future employers!

..actively discouraging people who I like... not the people I actually go and see.

when I'm there Weatherseal is an exemplar of good business and sound practise...

My biggest regret is that I got so wrapped up in the possibility I didn't take a step back and remember that the people who were offering the job were salesmen themselves and as such would be quite capable of putting a perfectly wonderful spin on things.

Everything in Life's a lesson though, so I'll learn from this, not be so fucking naive and move on.

On the bright side it's something I can put in my c.v., stating that I left this company as I had issue with their practises, which were unethical in my eyes.

HAH

have a nice big fucking slice of Integrity you twatful future employers!

I really wouldn't put that on your CV if I was you! Only offer that info if asked.

yeah I suppose.. but there's just a piece of me that want's to take any opportunity to stick the knife into my current job.

Don't suppose anyone on here wants a salesman/amdin/barman/driver/alcoholic in their employ?

I'm clean shaven and leave the room to fart B)

A very kind offer Mr Fish, you sir, are a gent. However the train is looking most likely now.

Gah! Never trust public transport.

My hour and a half journey home became a four hour one as lightning knocked out the signals at one end of Leeds station. Got on one train which after about half an hour of not moving was cancelled, then got on another one which instead of continuing its journey was routed back to Manchester. Third train had to go on a big round-about loop to get to York which took an hour (stood next to three generations of Charvers trying to get to Scarborough) before I had to change again to continue north.

Car next time.

My hour and a half journey home became a four hour one as lightning knocked out the signals at one end of Leeds station. Got on one train which after about half an hour of not moving was cancelled, then got on another one which instead of continuing its journey was routed back to Manchester. Third train had to go on a big round-about loop to get to York which took an hour (stood next to three generations of Charvers trying to get to Scarborough) before I had to change again to continue north.

Car next time.

Unlucky. You have my sympathies. My BR worst experience was Liverpool to Newcastle once - 16 hours.

Car next time.

Unlucky. You have my sympathies. My BR worst experience was Liverpool to Newcastle once - 16 hours.

One thing I definitely won't miss when I go back to Jormany next week is the British Rail system. FAKTOVJE

My sympathies Doctor. Although I think you were a tad unfortunate that you came to Leeds on the day the weather resembled that of The Day After Tomorrow. I went from dry to soaked through in about 5 seconds walking home last night, apparently 10 days worth of rain fell in half an hour! We had tornadoes and everything!

Now you see, your biggest regret is actually what I liked best about this whole thing. I will NEVER forget you coming on here and telling us how these windows were the best in the business and that if you buy cheap, you buy twice. <_<

See the sale - GUNG HO! :lol:

Best of luck finding alternative employment. I hope you're never unfortunate enough to get involved in high pressure sales again. :icon_lol: