Subject at school / college

bobbyshinton

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

What were quadratic equations again?  I seem to remember them being a pain.

I hate hate hated the quantitative methods statistical shit I had to do for my degree.  Didn't understand it and have no idea how I passed the exam.

195230[/snapback]

Quadratic equations have x squared in them, e.g. y = x^2 + 2x+ 3

Get in, a maths thread! :razz:

I hate hate hated the quantitative methods statistical shit I had to do for my degree.  Didn't understand it and have no idea how I passed the exam.

195230[/snapback]

Aren't you an accountant? How does that work when you don't know GCSE maths.

ax^2+bx+c = 0 where the solution is (-b+/-SQRTb^2-4ac)/2a or something.

On the subject of learning aids, what are peoples favourite mnemonics? Mine was Oh, oh, oh, to touch and feel a virgin girls vagina and hymen.

195228[/snapback]

EH?

195233[/snapback]

Huh? :razz:

195240[/snapback]

What is that thing you wrote above meant to be like? Is this you getting mixed up with autonyms again?

Aren't you an accountant?  How does that work when you don't know GCSE maths.

ax^2+bx+c = 0 where the solution is (-b+/-SQRTb^2-4ac)/2a  or something.

195244[/snapback]

My sister, a very successful accountant, said the only thing you needed to be good at to be an accountant was "being bored", so God knows what this wastrel's skills actually are.

Edited by ObaGol

195230[/snapback]

Aren't you an accountant? How does that work when you don't know GCSE maths.

ax^2+bx+c = 0 where the solution is (-b+/-SQRTb^2-4ac)/2a or something.

195244[/snapback]

Funnily enough, I have yet to be presented a budget in quadratic equation format. :razz:

What is that thing you wrote above meant to be like?  Is this you getting mixed up with autonyms again?

195246[/snapback]

Like damp and fur and bloke?

195230[/snapback]

195239[/snapback]

There's no solution to that.

And before anyone says it, I refuse to accept imaginary numbers even as a theory.

Aren't you an accountant?  How does that work when you don't know GCSE maths.

ax^2+bx+c = 0 where the solution is (-b+/-SQRTb^2-4ac)/2a  or something.

195244[/snapback]

My sister, a very successful accountant, said the only thing you needed to be good at to be an accountant was "being bored", so God knows what this wastrels skills actually are.

195247[/snapback]

Evading detection by my boss, basically.

On the subject of learning aids, what are peoples favourite mnemonics? Mine was Oh, oh, oh, to touch and feel a virgin girls vagina and hymen.

195228[/snapback]

EH?

195233[/snapback]

Huh? :razz:

195240[/snapback]

What is that thing you wrote above meant to be like? Is this you getting mixed up with autonyms again?

195246[/snapback]

Mnemomic. For example, for the colours of the rainbow, Richard of Yarn gave Bridget internal vibrations. Red, orange, yellow, green, indigo, violet.

A prize for anyone eho knows what the oh, oh, oh one is about (luke excepted).

And before anyone says it, I refuse to accept imaginary numbers even as a theory.

195250[/snapback]

Do you sit around and have coffee in the mornings with the :razz: real :drinks: numbers, then?

195230[/snapback]

195239[/snapback]

195250[/snapback]

Eh, of course there's a solution to it, represented by a U-shaped line......

Isn't there? :drinks:

195230[/snapback]

195239[/snapback]

195250[/snapback]

195260[/snapback]

Aye there is :drinks:

Just not for y=0

195230[/snapback]

195239[/snapback]

195250[/snapback]

195260[/snapback]

and I was accused on N-O of not starting sensible threads :drinks:

Total and utter gimps.  How do you think you're making poor bobby feel?  The lad can't do fractions and here's you two giving it large with the quadratics. :razz:

195265[/snapback]

I'm with HF and am fairly shocked that someone who deals with numbers for a living (and paid well for it) is stumped by GCSE maths tbh!

Total and utter gimps.  How do you think you're making poor bobby feel?  The lad can't do fractions and here's you two giving it large with the quadratics. :razz:

195265[/snapback]

I'm with HF and am fairly shocked that someone who deals with numbers for a living (and paid well for it) is stumped by GCSE maths tbh!

195267[/snapback]

I'm not stumped by it, you tube! I just seemed to remember them not being my favourite thing. Having passed my chartered exams and worked the best part of a decade in this god-awful profession, I think it's safe to say that quadratic equations are not a requirement of the job. So there! :drinks:

I'm not stumped by it, you tube!  I just seemed to remember them not being my favourite thing.  Having passed my chartered exams and worked the best part of a decade in this god-awful profession, I think it's safe to say that quadratic equations are not a requirement of the job.  So there!  :drinks:

195270[/snapback]

:razz: Blogger!

I'm not stumped by it, you tube!  I just seemed to remember them not being my favourite thing.  Having passed my chartered exams and worked the best part of a decade in this god-awful profession, I think it's safe to say that quadratic equations are not a requirement of the job.  So there!  :drinks:

195270[/snapback]

195272[/snapback]

Bogger! :drinks:

195270[/snapback]

Are Gemmill's posts being sponsored now?

:razz:

It's like when Pele held up kick off to tie his Puma laces.

My hero Alan Brazil says it.

More insensitivity from him this morning re Mike Parry - Parry had a heart attack and had to have bypass surgery a year or two ago. Anyway, Andy Townsend was on this morning explaining how him and Parry had gone out for a couple of drinks after their show last weekend and when Parry hadn't turned in on time he'd been a bit worried.

Brazil comes out with "Oh yeah. You thought he might be at home on the floor. Heart. Exploded."

:razz:

195270[/snapback]

195272[/snapback]

Bogger! :drinks:

195273[/snapback]

I'm with the G man. I can do basic mathmatics, bloody hell man I've got a degree in Engineering and a one in HR management (statistical analysis) It is just fractions fuck me off.

If I come over as a twat there I meant to, I'm reclaiming me credibility I lost over Iran :wub: